Have you ever been taken out by another rider?

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by Gigantic, Jan 26, 2010.

1. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

end of the str8 at mid ohio i understand this thing called respect other slower riders and track day people make me nervous anyway . checked up behind a slower rider went way inside to make a safe pass right as i turned in some fucking idiot about took out my front end . i had to stand it up and damn near ran off track trying not to hit him , was just waiting for some other asshole to asspack me then his 2 buddies went by ..... looked behind me to make sure the 1st guy that i passed was ok then chased all 3 of the "racers" down before we hit the front straight and passed them SUPER close as i gave each and everyone of them the finger ... i was pissed the hell off that day god damn 2 in 1 days anyway

that was by far the worst ran trackday i was ever at and yes it was STT , im thinkin some of the instructors should worry about whats going on on the track instead of bullshitting in the pits or trying to go fast

2. vrc

vrc Well-Known Member

So you almost caused two accidents and gave 3 other riders the bird and blame STT for running a bad trackday ? Who was the dangerous guy on the track ?:rolleyes:

3. desmo2

desmo2 Well-Known Member

I know being taken out by another rider is an inherent risk. I'm not a racer, so I tend to give people a pretty wide berth when passing, and I only pass on the outside. If a guy loses it while I'm outside of him, I think I will handle that pretty well. Shit happens. I've seen some real ass-hats out there, though, who act as if there are racing scouts in the stands just waiting to be impressed. I don't want to be impressed, I want to have a good time. If some knucklehead takes me out while doing something stupid, I don't think I will handle that very well. I've already had people push to the outer edge of the track while I am trying to come around, nearly forcing me into the grass, in an apparent attempt to block a pass (I ride a twin, and can't imagine they don't hear me when I'm pulling alongside).

I ride the track to have fun and get my freak on. I try to be very considerate and predictable when turning laps, and I just wish everyone else had the same mentality. Unfortunately, there are always a few...

4. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

im the only reason 5 bikes werent piled up in the gravel u dumbass , its not my fault some racer wanna be thinks he has more talent then spies and wants to do dumb shit at a trackday for braggin rights over his butt buddies , u are probably

A . one of those guys
    B . an STT instructor that dont wanna hear the truth
    C . just an idiot

im going with C .read the title of the thread retard , its to bitch about things at trackdays im bitching about an experience i had if those asshats are around here and wanna bitch about me passing them closely and flipping them off they can have at it but it wasnt u so shut your pie hole , im not afraid to end up with a different color paint on my bike at all close racing is great racing things happen BUT to do just out right stupid shit at a track day is retarded there is a big difference between close racing and shit happening and DUMB SHIT because u think your fast . its the same deal with trackday people on 1ks that park it in the corner and about kill people then as soon as u pass them on the exit crank the bitch wide open and fly by u then park it in the next corner like a dumbass

kinda funny cause two of the good instructors were bitching about the same things as i was to many people who shouldnt have been there because of thier ability (novice) and too many guys who dont realize how to deal with those people , most of the so called instructors like stated before were just there to ride not help the people they should have been helping ...

but u werent there and have NO clue what went on and still have your opinion right or wrong

Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
  5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Knock on wood the closest was the guy on a Duc at Daytona who flew inside me braking into the chicane. Just before I tipped it in I saw a red flash and thought "That was really stupid". He promptly lost it and went flipping. If he'd hit me at that speed I doubt there would have been any conversation from either party.

6. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

i love it when they do dumb shit and u get to watch them crash because of it :up: good cause for a drop kick if he woulda hit you :D

7. vrc

vrc Well-Known Member

I based my opinion on your post.It reads to me...You got off line to pass a slower rider and went WAY inside to make a pass on the slower rider and got pissed cause another rider came threw and you felt he cut you off.Then you proceeded to catch up to the rider to flick him off and flick his buddies off that had nothing to do with their buddy supposedly cutting you off.You stated you passed them SUPER close.Two wrongs dont make a right.You dont see how you could have possibly been the problem with your incident...of course not,its easier to blame STT for running a bad trackday.And you understand respect, :rolleyes:

8. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

9. vrc

vrc Well-Known Member

I based my opinion on your post.It reads to me...You got off line to pass a slower rider and went WAY inside to make a pass on the slower rider and got pissed cause another rider came threw and you felt he cut you off.Then you proceeded to catch up to the rider to flick him off and flick his buddies off that had nothing to do with their buddy supposedly cutting you off.You stated you passed them SUPER close.Two wrongs dont make a right.You dont see how you could have possibly been the problem with your incident...of course not,its easier to blame STT for running a bad trackday.And you understand respect, :rolleyes:

10. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

i didnt just feel it was a close pass it was too close like i said if i wouldnt have reacted the way i did there would have been without a doubt a pile of bikes caused by super douche

hmmmmm 1st rule of fight club oh wait thats not it

1st rule of passing is what ?

if your passing a rider in front of you its YOUR responsibilty to make a clean pass be it track day , race or driving miss daisy . the pass was a BONE HEADED move . have u ever seen a trackday with a "race line" ? i know i havent hell i havent seen many races where there is a "race line" is there a proper line ? yes but that kinda depends on who is on the bike ... and the traffic someone has to go somewhere other then "the line" to pass

therefor in my close passes everything was clean now if they happened to freak out like super douche did that makes it even funnier and close at a trackday is still a foot away but i liked seeing him freak out made me smile and laugh in my helmet , again your opinion but u wasnt there so it dont matter

should i draw u a picture will that help ?

11. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

seriously. I saw a guy in the "intro" group get pulled into the pits on the SECOND LAP of the day once.

Having rules is good - enforcing them is even better.

12. vrc

vrc Well-Known Member

I can barely follow what your typing.I dont think you drawing a picture will help, you already proved your a idiot.

13. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

ya ok :up::beer::D:crackhead:

14. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

ive only done 2 days with nesba both at heartland back to back , and cant say a bad thing about my experience . they actually took care of things that needed taken care of there are always idiots at track days and the org needs to deal with it , it shouldnt be all on the good riders that do show up to constently watch thier backs to keep some dumbass from killing them . everyone has to start somewhere as i did BUT there are groups for those people and some can ride and should be in the upper groups then there are those who do need watched and pulled off track at times

15. KneeScraper

KneeScraper I'm a new Dad!!!

I've never taken anyone out, nor have I been taken out by anyone else.

Once last summer I was at a track day taking the racing course to get my provisional roadrace license, I did hit a guy. I felt bad about it, and even spoke to the control rider about it and said that I wanted to apologize to the other rider, but could not find the other rider in the pits. All I remember was that he was on a gray primered Honda CBR1000RR or CRB600RR.

In my defense, one other student and I were following our race instructor, who told us both to follow him, and we did. Problem was, we were out in the Intermediate session and passing the other riders pretty quickly. I got up underneath the guy on the Honda and thought I'd get through underneath with plenty of room to spare, but he cut across in front of me and I hit my front fairing into his tailsection just under his seat. Neither one of us went down, but I did hear him yell "Fuck" when I hit him. I still have gray primer on my bike from that. None of us should have been passing on the inside in the I class. After that session we spent the rest of the day in the Advanced group and had no other issues. Bottom line, though, it was my fault.

If you're out there, Bro, sorry. :cool:

16. RCM78

RCM78 Well-Known Member

Now that sucks!!! You should never have to deal with stuff like that in an advanced group...

17. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

Thanks for the responses so far. Those of you that have been hit, how did the accident affect your confidence? How did you feel about riding near other riders on the track? Passing? being passed?
    please be honest.

18. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

I just want my primer back.

Just kidding. Not me.
    Gigantic you ask about confidence. So far, I've not had the displeasure of being taken out. Looks like a good number are EXITING THE TRACK PROBLEMS. I hope that organizers will grind that danger in a little more this year. That should really never happen.

Confidence...after reading this thread and watching that "illegal" vid, my confidence is already down. Thanks a lot.:up:

19. gixrdeb

gixrdeb Doesn't like to play nice

I didn't go down but the guy smacked my knee hard enough to cause bruising and swelling. Had the track not been wet, I think it could easily have turned into a 90 mph high side. Even though it wasn't my fault it made me think of what it could have turned into and that I got lucky. For a few trackdays after that, I found myself getting a bit nervous with close passing (either me passing or getting passed) but I've pretty much gotten over it. ;)

20. jdaniel

jdaniel Well-Known Member

I didn't go down but I got hit. It was a combination of an aggressive pass and different lines. I was pitted right beside the guy so he didn't have much choice of confronting me. He apoligized then (I was much bigger than him) but later on their orgs forum he tried to make out like it was my fault. Said I shouldn't have been riding in that class even though it was a combined intermediate and advanced session plus I was only running about 2 seconds off his time on my first day there. As for the confidence things usually don't bother me that much, if my tires let go or something I kind of lose faith in them but as soon as I throw on a new set I am fine. A false neutral will set me back a couple of corners as well.

Attached Files: