1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Great EX husband/wife

Discussion in 'General' started by Frenchier6, Jun 11, 2009.

1. Russell2566

Russell2566 Chicken Strips are Yummy

During my divorce my ex turned into super-bitch: Greedy, vindictive and angry. Thankfully there were no kids involved so since I sent her the last check per the settlement (in which I got totally screwed) I haven't heard from her.

When I started the whole thing I just hoped she ended up somewhere good and found someone to be happy with. Now, After the divorce I'm pretty sure I'd choose waterboarding over having to talk with her now and I hope she's miserable.

Personally I've never been happier :beer:

2. Frenchier6

Frenchier6 I'm just being me

Yup, having the children makes it harder... job relocation, school district, who gets who and when, and new boyfriend/girlfriend issue.

Sadly, alot of couples going thru divorce uses their children as a target. We used our children as our priority and we saw a huge changed on our kids (good changes)... to see mommy and daddy happy made the little one happier and the oldest one happy to see us happy :up:

I also wish people could find a way to work it thru and make it work. we tried for 2 years and realized it was time to move on :up:

Dang, Counseling session over for me. I feel much better now :crackup:

3. Stillie

Stillie Off that like Jay-Z

It's been a weird situation with my ex. She doesn't want me but doesn't want me to be happy either. I started dating someone else after leaving MS during our divorce process and that led to nastiness until things were finalized even though we had been separated for a long time prior to that. Once final, we only spoke on a "professional" level and only about my son, nothing more.

Late last year we became friends again and even more so after I split with the woman that followed her. She went right back to being mean after I started dating someone else.

4. Frenchier6

Frenchier6 I'm just being me

And when she finds happy, she won't care about your Dating situation. Most mothers hate to see other woman around their kids or hate to see the ex happy. I want my ex happy... when he's happy, life a GREAT :D

5. That saddens me! Sorry to hear about this Papa...I pray and hope that things will get better for them. Coming from a broken marriage with my parents when I was 5...I seen a lot more then I care to express. I hope that the kids in these families are not having to see the nastiness of the issues with their parents.

6. Good to hear you guys tried for 2 years.:wow: Most couples don't even make an attempt...even when children are involved. :up: Good on you two for trying.

7. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

My most recent ex and I parted fairly amicably. The night our divorce was final she invited me over for a drink. Then “wanted me to remember what I’d be missing.” It was a fine ending to a mistaken marriage.

Her new husband on the other hand…

8. Most recent ex?:wow: and you are giving me shit about my mowing habits saying there is something wrong with me!!!!:Poke: Um you sir need to see the shrink not me.:D

9. Stillie

I'd like to think that but I don't think it will be the case. I think she's just that selfish now based on her interactions with others.

10. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

We tried. Well sort of. She said a couple of things in the intial separation that I couldn't get past and that pretty much ended it for me. They cut pretty deep even though she didn't mean it that way and actually didn't state them in a nasty or mean way but I still would never be able to get past it.

She tried to make things work but during those couple of years I only thought she was making the effort for my benefit. I don't think she felt I could handle not having her around.

I always thought I was the luckiest guy in the world and got too comfortable.

My only girlfriend I've had since made me feel the same way. That breakup sucked too.

Haven't really dated since.

11. Going out on a limb here...but maybe her seeing how you were able to move on and find someone else when you want too...and she has not been able to; is showing her that maybe she was a bigger part of the divorce then she thinks. Like I said...just a guess but typically that is the case. So her shittiness torwards you is her way of acting out in denial of what really lies beneath.:( I could be wrong though!:D My mom has been married 3 times now and my dad twice...so I've seen a good bit of divorce issues. I say that with the deepest regrets by the way...for I wish I didn't have the experiences that I have on this topic.:rolleyes:

12. Pick yourself up big guy and dust your self off! When it's time it's time!:beer:

13. Stillie

That was one of the hardest aspects of my divorce. My parents have been married for over 40 years so I really have no experience with it. I had to lean on a lot of people before I could come to terms with the decision to move on.

14. A lot of people including myself forget about the true meaning of marriage is...and I'll leave it at that in fear of getting to close to the dungeon arena. I've had to take a close look at myself spiritually over the last year and it has made a good bit of change in me. It's a tough decision to call it quits and I hope I never have to go there in my personal relationship. It was close, but we have recovered slowly. I had to change my selfish ways, and look at the big picture.

15. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

If having more than one ex is cause for therapy, there should be an increase in physcho college enrollment...

I was married the first time for four years. The second time for four years. This time for over twenty years. With age comes experience, not necessarily wisdom.

16. Well...yes and no. You obviously didn't get any wisdom from your first 2 marriages or you wouldn't have experienced it a 3rd time. Yet, with your 3rd your past experiences gave you enough wisdom to just say screw it, I'm too damn old to go through this again.:D

17. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

My marriage of eight years was really a non marriage. Ex had little interest in our two boys (yes planned and thought it would bring us together). To this day she rarely calls them or interacts. I would never have guessed. Made me despise her.

So I threw myself into my business and them, did a lot with them, and they turned out great.

Haven`t really found anyone at my age who is as active and fun loving as I am, so still single.

Like Frenchie said, enjoy doing what I want, when I want, most times.:D

18. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

:D

19. duggram

duggram Sunrise Bahia de LA

YES!! 12 years for me. But then I got married to my current sponsor on April 1st.

20. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Same here. If not for the fact that she file for bankruptcy after our divorce and affected my ability to secure loans or may it impossible to get a job or two, it has been all quiet on the western front.

No ill feelings. It is what it is.

I have a bad track record. My relations go from 24/7 to zero. :D