1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gas for $1.99 a gallon around here.

Discussion in 'General' started by eggfooyoung, Oct 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The only way I'm going to survive driving to Cali and back next week is to put the cost of airfare on the fuel door so I see it whenever I fill up :crackup:

2. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

$4.19 for 87 here.

Wouldn't be surprised for it to crest $5 within the next week based on todays news.

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Hey, maybe that will be your incentive to go on a diet so you can fly coach. :D

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Hush skinny boy!

I do fly the cheap seats, try for comfort plus for leg room which you would do too as they've shrunk the distance between seats even more now.

5. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I booked a round trip flight to NYC next month for $167. It would cost me $439 to drive my car to Madison Square Garden and back. Crazy shit.

L8RSK8R and BigBird like this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And even at my skinniest my damn shoulder never fit in a plane seat so I spend the entire time with the curled forward.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I have to do two tix and it was total 1700 give or take for us, fuel should be a little more than a grand at 4 a gallon.

8. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Who are the Rangers playing during your stay there?

9. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

We're going specifically to see the Rangers.

My mom died a year ago June. My brother and I have spent the last 9 months liquidating her estate, which included 5 houses. We have the final house under contract and closing in 2 weeks, so my brother said as a gift to both of us, let's go to MSG and see a Rangers game, which he's never done. So the 2 of us are heading up 15th of April to catch the 12;30 afternoon game against the Red Wings on the 16th and have a generally wild weekend in the Apple. Last time he was in New York was 1971 and he was 6 years old. I told him it's changed just a tad:D

10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Expect it to be $5 before you start your journey.

My trip with the kids is hanging precariously by a thread, my fuel budget has been doubled since I made the plan. :mad:

11. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

We're talking about cancelling a trip out west due to fuel prices too. :(. It's putting a real world squeeze on an already overly tight portion of the population.

12. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Time to start using spec fuel in car.

13. BigBird

BigBird blah

We heading to AZ in April again, maybe we won't get the Hemi V8 this time.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's definitely something I'm going to have to keep track of with the Dodge. It might actually be cheaper long term to get a payment again and better mileage.

15. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

It'll be interesting when someone does a post-mortem of this, and finds out that the US supply was barely effected but prices jumped another $3/gal and all oil companies recorded record profits.

I think I saw a quote earlier this week that said US imports from Russia was less 1%, but haven't validated it.

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Commodities traders are the driving force. There is no shortage at this time.

NemesisR6 and mike w like this.
  17. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

From the American Fuel & Petrochemical Manufacturers:

https://www.afpm.org/sites/default/...S. Imports of Oil & Petroleum from Russia.pdf

18. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Of course no post-mortem that disproves your hare-brained idea would be believed, so who cares?

sheepofblue likes this.
  19. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

On just petroleum and other products it was 8% of overall imports in 2021.

For crude oil only, it was just over 3% of total imports.

Lots of data here:
    https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/pet_move_impcus_a2_nus_ep00_im0_mbbl_a.htm

If you factor in what US produces on it's own and keeps in-Country, I'd wager Russia's share of the American Energy Pie is indeed probably close to 1-3%.

20. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

$$$$$$$$$$$$.....GREED.....$$$$$$$$$$$$$/end of story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.