1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gas for $1.99 a gallon around here.

Discussion in 'General' started by eggfooyoung, Oct 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigBird

BigBird blah

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Wanna save gas? Don't stop until you get where you are going. Don't use the drive thru.

You're welcome...the planet thanks you.

3. joec

joec brace yourself

I filled up yesterday at 3.99..today same station is 4.19. I saved 5 bucks. Tapped the pump out 100 bucks.

4. Rene Bucek

Rene Bucek Well-Known Member

Filled up today. $1.98 per litre. At current exchange rates that works out to $5.86USD/gallon.

5. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

How high will it go is my question. $7 - $8 by mid summer?

6. G 97

G 97 Garth

Just buy an electric vehicle, Duh. :D

7. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

My three vehicles with four wheels get between 8-16 mpg, but I don’t care because I don’t need to drive more than a couple miles a day.

Unless you’re traveling long distances, how much does it really cost you compared to all the other expenses in your life? Seems like another thing you have no control over to waste time complaining about.

8. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Actually we do kinda have some control over fuel price. It shot up in February 2021. Gee, pure coincidence.

[​IMG]

StaccatoFan and R1Racer99 like this.
  9. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Well, at current prices, I'm going to spend $2,000 this year more in gas than I did in the years before Jan 2021.

I thought you were just stupid by your moronic comments over on the other board...now....it's confirmed...you're an asshole.

R Acree likes this.
  10. R1Racer99

I suppose that’s one way to look at it, personally I’ve never cared what gas costs, even when I had no money. It’s just another consumable product you have to buy, what’s the point in worrying about it? Like everything else we spend money on, if it really affects you that much, there are ways to reduce the cost.

11. R1Racer99

That’s your choice. I choose to spend less than that.

12. StaccatoFan

It's not my choice...it's how I get to work, I don't cruise around for fun..again..you're an asshole.

motoracer1100 likes this.
  13. R1Racer99

So angry. Everything is a choice. Where you work, where you live, what you drive, all choices that have a dollar number on them.

14. StaccatoFan

and you chose to be a tone deaf asshole. I'm not angry.....you're just an asshole.

Some way, this will all hit you hard, too...and I will enjoy it when it does. Maybe it will wake you up...I doubt it...but I'll enjoy it.

Rebel635 likes this.
  15. R1Racer99

How is it “tone deaf”? It’s called personal responsibility, you choose what you spend, quit bitching about your choices.

16. StaccatoFan

Point proven.

17. R1Racer99

Cool

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

You mean aside from the fact that the cost of fuel is a component of every essential required to live, not a matter of choice? You really are an idiot.

19. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

Was planning to dump about 5-7 gallons of "old gas" I had sitting in jersey cans since sometime late last year. I've nixed that idea. :D

BigBird likes this.
  20. R1Racer99

I was addressing this thread and the recent posts in it. They’ve all been about what it costs them to drive their vehicles. Obviously the cost of fuel has other consequences, that’s not what this has been about so far. Well done on the name calling though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.