1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Frankie Babuska New Heroic suit

Discussion in 'General' started by FrankieB723, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

:D. That's what she said.

2. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

So if you're the Brain who is Pinky? :D

3. HEROICRacing

HEROICRacing Well-Known Member

WOW... You guys are tough LOL. I picked up Frankie two years ago. We made him three suits so far, but the guy has grown so much he had an Alpine in between growth spurts. This new suit is his first kangaroo. I asked him to post up his thoughts on the new suit on the WERA board. Frankie has a LOT of talent.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2011
  4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

And that's exactly where things went wrong. Someone who has never made a single post here shows up to promote a product. That's no different than the spammers we get here on a regular basis. It would have been received differently from a known forum member.

The issue was not whether he's talented or not.

5. 178SV

178SV now retired...

Makes my decision on which gloves to buy a lot easier...

6. jayhawkindc

jayhawkindc Well-Known Member

Is it just me, or have we been down this road with Heroic before? :Poke:

7. Brian Van

Brian Van Track Gear Retailer

I met Frankie down at Mid Ohio this week. I was down there with Eddie, Wrobel and Brian Stokes getting ready for the race there in July. We rode a bit with Frankie and went over and talked to him a bit.

Real nice kid and one hell of a motorcycle rider for sure.

End of the day he was just thanking someone who is helping him out. Frankie is a young guy who took a minute to join a forum and thank someone for helping him out. I don't know about you all but my kids always say thank you.

8. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

:clap: HA, I literally laughed out loud

And he may be a great kid, but you should never ever have to be asked by your sponsors to PR their stuff, You should already be doing it on every motorcycle website, especially if you've already gotten 3 suits from them. SO when he got his first suit years ago, he should have been signing up to sites, not 3 suits later

9. H8R

I got a new ACT suit...anyone want to see it?

10. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

you say this as if there are smart teenagers.:crackup:

I hope a moderator nukes this thread before it degrades into something worse.

i appreciate the "thank you" sentiment, but this (literally) isn't the appropriate forum. Personally, I'm not going to hold what appears to legitimately be an innocent mistake against Frankie or Heroic.

11. mikendzel

mikendzel Anonymous

What is an appropriate forum? This is a motorcycle racer forum (or at least that's what the title implies, then you realize it's about how to gay-up a thread about Jennifer Anniston!) with the majority of the members being the target market for the sponsor. He thanked Heroic and sang the suit's praises, and hopefully that will lead to some sales for Heroic. How is this inappropriate? Him NOT doing this would be inappropriate!

1 - Leather company sponsors new rider (sponsorship that everyone here would love to have!)
    2 - Sponsored rider thanks the sponsor publicly
    3 - Sponsored rider describes product for other racers

Skip thanked Rev It leathers for helping him out last year when he was in a bind for a suit, and because of that when I need a new suit, I'm going to check the Rev It line out. Hopefully they have something I kinda like! I've thought their suits are ugly-ish, but I'm willing to try it on and see if I could live with it. Because of Heroic's helping Frankie, I'm going to do the same with them; definitely with gloves and perhaps a suit instead of Rev It. I'll just see which I prefer when the time comes.

12. H8R

That wasn't Skip's first post. At no point in any of Skip's post would you think you were being spammed...you'd think you were being given an opinion by a guy most people here know, or know of...who has a valid opinion that was earned through years of racing.

First post by a rider many haven't heard of. That was poorly written and led to links on a site that had him wearing a different suit.

Give me a break. It was fucking spam. The Heroic guy ASKED the kid to do it.

Call it what you like, but to me it was Spam. Then the kid responded using a playbook we all know too well here. Heroic leathers did this kid no favors.

When people ask me about Leathers...Heroic won't be at the top of my list.

13. helicopter99

helicopter99 Well-Known Member

I met him and rode a few sessions with him at Road America a couple weeks ago. Seems to have a bright future and some skills but seemed a little timid when approached. Seemed like a decent kid though.

14. Lizard 1

Lizard 1 Well-Known Member

Dude, he's a young pup. The typing in perfect sentences and satisfying the grammar Nazis is a tough thing on a forum. Especially this one...

I think along the lines of what Van was saying. He was giving praise and sure, it was his frost post, but honestly speaking, you don't have a new members area or a limit on what number of posts you need to post in here.

By the way, is runGP.com a sponsor of the WERA forum? ;)

To compare him to Skip who has been doing this for a long time and knows the drill is unfair. Heroic asked him to say what he thought on this forum probably because they know it will reach a bunch of people that in turn, will probably think about them in buying their next suit. Are you telling me that is a dumb thing to do?

Do you only buy suits from companies that pay for advertising on the WERA forum?

15. H8R

My company is not a sponsor of the BBS. I don't come on here and spam the BBS with stuff from my company. I don't solicit other people to come on here and spam the BBS with stuff I sell.

I have NO problem with Frankie. I know he's a kid...but like it or not he is competing for sponsorship dollars with Skip and just about every other racer doing AMA Pro roadracing.

Spam is spam. I don't care if it works. In a perfect world it wouldn't. The Heroic guy or any other vendor trying to pimp their product by any means other than being a sponsor of this site is bullshit. Yes there is somethings that Mongo will allow. Thats fine. If someone asks my opinion on products that I sell or like I sell I answer...but I'm also very careful not to cross that line.

By Heroic asking Frankie to come here and say what he thought is exactly what shouldn't happen to a first time poster. If there is a a guy wearing a suit whose been here for awhile and is totally stoked on it...hell yes he should start a thread. It's nice to get positive feedback on a variety of products or services...but to have someones first post be a spam about a product, and having the suit maker put him up to it??? Come on.

I wish I could afford to be a sponsor...so I take it very seriously when other people try to go around the back and get it for free.

16. Quicktoy

Hmmmmm. Did I just get a new signature?????

:D

17. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

i think a known racers first post is a little different than someone selling a divx software package or listing iphones

i'm sure there are people on this board that have raced against him and know who he is, now he runs ama supersport. definately not a spammer on my list

18. H8R

:crackup:

Seriously...I'm retarded. I can't believe the things I miss in my posts sometimes.

19. Quicktoy

<--never heard of him

20. H8R

Here's what Mongo said: