1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Floridian Hate.

Discussion in 'General' started by BR549, Feb 2, 2013.

1. JRA

JRA Well-Known Member

BTW, Jonesboro is really Jonesbrough. Oldest town in the state of Tennessee and formerly the capital of the State of Franklin (look it up).

2. JRA

JRA Well-Known Member

Yeah, like no state income tax, low cost of living, and a state that is on sound financial footing. Damn, we're doing it wrong.:rolleyes:

Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
  3. Sideshow

Sideshow Free reach around expert.

Born in Texas, then transplanted here around 5 years old . 34 years old tomorrow. I have lived in Tenn,V.A , West V.A , and Conn .

I love everything about F.L except every Northerners who move here and talks about how great N.Y , Bostons, etc. I love asking those same people " If it's so great there then why don't you go back ? "

You moved here for a reason so your old home can't be that great.
    I live on the outskirt of Tampa now . I can't see myself living any where else.

4. +1 on your post. Salt of the earth folks here. I went to the Jonesbrough Folk Stories festival where they tell great stories and ghost stories and errybody was so cool. East TN is awesome.

5. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

you're, they're :D :Poke:

On a more serious note, since you're from that area, do you know how Lauada is pronounced? I've looked online, and I haven't found anything.

6. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Though what time do you stop?

7. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Where in Texas? I ask because I left Texas (S.A.) about the same time you did. My folks narrowed down the choices between Jacksonville and Seattle. Ended up in Seattle.

8. BR549

BR549 Well-Known Member

I'm not saying they're not good people, or that there's a problem with them. It's just something we've noticed. With all the crazy stuff you hear about Florida, most of which is true, I can't really blame them for being cautious.