1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Floridian Hate.

Discussion in 'General' started by BR549, Feb 2, 2013.

1. BR549

BR549 Well-Known Member

Ridge builders?

2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

A special kind of rich asshole out-of-towner who wants to build a house as high up on a ridge as possible and fuck up everyone else's view. Supposed to be banned but you still see em up there.

3. Paint Shaker

Paint Shaker Tractor Motor Racer

I wanna be a "half-back". Northen transplant who lived in Florida and moved to Tenn/ NC/ SC/ N Ga... :D

4. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

I've lived up here for over 5 years, you can have the backwards ass crap, i'm going back to the tropics

5. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Where to Ben?

6. mgmark

mgmark George Tirebiter for President

That's what we did, flew into Knoxville and started looking. It comes down to what you're looking for, and how close to town or mountains you want to be. We settled on the E Brainerd area of Chattanooga, close enough to town and shopping but not in the city. Nice view and weather. We bailed out of FL when the stupid got too deep. FL is not the same place it was 30 years ago. It's gone from retirement to dumb ass and we had enough of the stupid. We're up here for the scenery and the pleasant people. If you don't act like an ass the locals treat you just fine.
    Mark

7. notbostrom

hopefully O town so I can keep Dit's in line.

8. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

So, you want to bypass Stupid Florida and go straight to Full Retard Florida?

Ok, got it...:eek:

9. mgmark

mgmark George Tirebiter for President

Just stay clear of Orange County if ya don't want to get killed by the locals.

10. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Im not sure what "FL" was 30 yrs ago... but no place is the same it was 30yrs ago. THough it is easier to live in FL without a winter coat. Havent bought one in over a decade so theres that.

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

FL has been going downhill since the invention of AC. The mouse just turbocharged the decline.

12. notbostrom

I'm moving back to Orlando...

13. hardway

hardway Well-Known Member

Shit. I don't like hearing all this negative talk about Florida. I'm in Jersey and I believe it's the law that when we retire we have to move there and begin eating dinner at 2:00pm

14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Precisely the problem.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

What's the problem? They are hungry again by the time they go to bed at 7 PM?

16. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

I was going to do a governor joke but I will digress....

17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Think "Geriatric Shore"... :Puke:

18. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

I'm not sure where you've been down here, but this statement is largely inaccurate.

With the exception of the areas that have been overrun, Florida is distinctively "southern". From the accents to the food to the culture. You have to remember, we have a slightly different historic experience (kinda like New Orleans). We had civilized cities in Key West, Cedar Key, Pensacola, St. Augustine and New Smyrna Beach when Atlanta was a collection of Indian wigwams... we're the original southerners.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
  19. JRA

JRA Well-Known Member

I live in Johnson City and I would just suggest that you not take at face value what a motel clerk might tell you. I'm a builder here and have been building custom homes in the NE TN area for over twenty years. I have built homes for several people locating to the area from out of state, and even out of country. I've lived here all of my life, and without question this area is the most friendly and accommodating to people and families who are relocating. I'm really surprised that the question was even asked because in my experience, people comment frequently how nice and accepting the locals are here. Many of my neighbors in the subdivision where I live have relocated here from other areas, and I don't know of a single one that regrets their move to the area.

BTW, I also know Bill Hawk and he's a good guy. If you need a realty agent in this area I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him.

BTW, my grand parents wintered in Florida for many years as do several people I know. It's not like Florida is some different country and we don't like people from down there. Heck, I'd live down there in the winter too if I could...been snowing up here a lot in the last few weeks. My guess is that if you genuinely feel there is a problem with the people in this area not accepting you it might me you. :)

20. JRA

JRA Well-Known Member

edit: double post