1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Floridian Hate.

Discussion in 'General' started by BR549, Feb 2, 2013.

1. BR549

BR549 Well-Known Member

I've found lots of reasonably-priced places with great scenery and riding, but, so far, they've all been rather remote and I'll be toting a wife up there with me. Wives don't like remote. :down:

2. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

No southern flavor in Sunset Beach and that's the way we like it.:up: :D

3. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

:crackup:

4. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

I can see it.

We looked for almost 5 1/2 years on sunset beach, we're closing on Monday.

5. BR549

BR549 Well-Known Member

Not exactly. We've been going up to southern Appalachia for about a week at a time, once, or twice, a year for about ten years. We'll collect some area listings a few weeks before the trip and, once we get to our destination, we'll combine some goofing-off with some serious reconnaissance. We both work, so, that's the best we can do. Also, we want this place to be our "forever" home, so, we're trying to be appropriately selective.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
  6. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

Same thing we have in Utah for Californians. When they found out they could sell their houses in Cali and buy one 5 times bigger for the same money in Utah we got flooded. Housing prices went up, started having gang violence, sagging pants and flat bill hats.

I can deal with housing prices and violence but the saggy pants and flatbillers put me over the edge.

7. BR549

BR549 Well-Known Member

Oddly enough, we looked at your place. It was very nice, but it was a little bit out of our price range.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's simple - they hate Floridians for the same reason you hate tourists. They show up, don't live there, get in the way of people trying to go about their business, and then leave.

9. caferace

caferace No.

They're despised for everything but the money they leave behind. :D

-jim

10. vnvbandit

vnvbandit Well-Known Member

Yankee = Comes down here, spends money, and leaves.................
    Dam Yankee = Comes down with no money and stays!

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Don't forget the constant coments about how you do it back home and how much better it works.

12. When talking about Tennessee, there are very few things that aren't done better elsewhere :D

13. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

This isn't unique to floridians.

Ohioans go to Florida or South Carolina to die. I used to think that was a joke, but we literally have SC politicians who casually campaign in OH anticipating the support of retirees in the future.

The locals aren't rude to Ohioans (I've vacationed in Charleston sectoral years in a row), but they definitely aren't surprised when they learn we're from OH. My in-laws are looking to retire in SC. There are real estate offices HERE set up to buy SC property.

14. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

i hear that everyday....

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I loved that when I lived on Hilton Head and was moving furniture/appliances. Always pissed them off when I told them I was from Cincinnati and we didn't do it "that way" in my part of Ohio :D

16. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Again with the Yankee? :crackup:

17. used2Bfast

used2Bfast Still healing

I live in the mtns of WNC in a small town near the dragon, Fontana dam, etc. Most here don't like you if your from Fl. Just the way it is. Some locals say they get treated like their stupid(by the Fl tourists) because of their slower spoken southern accent.

They also tend to tell the locals they know how to do whatever better. Development of the area, etc. Like we want the area "developed" in the first place. Hell, that's why people come up here in the first place..to get away from all that wonderful development.

Fl. tourists also tend to drive like there's no one else on the road(veeery slow..or crazy fast. always in some huge SUV or even worse, a Harley) either. At least it seems that way.

Carry on.

18. ThrottleAbuse

ThrottleAbuse Will Race for CASH!

PWEI?

19. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Johnson City Realtor

Bill Hawk - Checkmate Re-Max
    423-282-0432

Bought my house through Bill when I moved up to JC and sold my house through him when I moved back to Florida.

20. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Just call em what they are. Ridge Builders :down: