1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FL man shoots unarmed kid. Walks home, has a beer.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Steeltoe, Mar 8, 2012.

1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

When the shooter is a cop, that's the way it works. Should it be just the opposite for civilians?
    It's not unusual to investigate a situation and issue an arrest warrant at some later point.

2. charles

charles The Transporter

...with his 9mm no doubt.

3. gaitherb

gaitherb Well-Known Member

What are you talking about? Police officers that shoot and kill "suspects" are routinely put on administrative leave while investigations are pending.

The shooter in this instance was not a cop, so I don't follow your logic. There were substantial witnesses to the incident and the 911 tapes are readily available to police officers. There was clearly enough preliminary evidence to conduct an initial investigation of a MURDER/HOMOCIDE that night. The idea that some sort of investigation needs to take place prior to arresting the individual is simply not the reality when handling most murder cases.

If there is a murder/homocide, typically the police arrest the suspected shooter, they take the individual in for questioning, and hold the individual pending a preliminary investigation. In this instance, there were numerous witnesses to the shooting; a simple door to door investigation could reveal the circumstances of the shooting.

I routinely request 911 dispatch tape of witnesses reporting the crime and the officer's reaction to crimes; the police could pull the same tape and review the account of the witnesses.

I don't follow your response.

4. svtinker

svtinker Well-Known Member

Your Obama and Heros did the same for me.

The 911 tapes reveal the killer felt the high school kid was on drugs. A white man believing a black kid is on drugs at night sounds like stereotype to me.

A reasonable person would have to conclude race places an important role in this area.

5. In Your Corner

Okay, so they should have put the guy on administrative leave.

Please point out in the news reports where there was a witness to the shooting.

6. svtinker

svtinker Well-Known Member

You must be new here?:D

7. gaitherb

gaitherb Well-Known Member

There were several witnesses that called 911. You should go back a page or two in this thread, the calls are listed.

The shooter was not a police officer. He was a civilian conducting a neighborhood watch.

8. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

The worst part about this Zimmerman dingbat's actions (which were easily avoidable if he just did wtf the police told him to) is it will raise a shitstorm for the anti-gun nuts to use against gun owner rights. It's already beginning.

In other news I am trying my damndest to go to the Al Sharpton rally in Sanford. I want pics of me holding a sign saying "Where The White Women At?" with Al speaking in the background. Dead serious here.

9. In Your Corner

Unfortunately, it's clear from past discussions that you see racists behind every tree. I'd posit that there's no other way you could possibly see things.
    Makes you just as closed minded as any racist.

10. In Your Corner

I read them, I saw not one person who witnessed the shooting, which is why I asked you to point it out to me.

Somehow you think that arrest and administrative leave are the same thing. They're not.

11. Strick

Strick Good to be king

Have any of you listened to the 911 tapes? It isn't clear but it does seem like the kid did start approaching the shooter first. Also it seems as though other callers reported the kid being on top of the shooter prior to the shooting.

Again, it is not 100% clear and isn't the perfect picture of what happened but at least it is some facts............but we don't always like them do we.

12. Coopster

Coopster Well-Known Member

If you get in the frame holding that sign, it'll be a viral, worldwide photo-op! Good Luck...

13. cMac

cMac Conservatively Libral

You guys costantly amaze me. Parts of Florida have long history of racial intolerance. For me its pretty simple to conclude dude saw a BLACK kid in a hoody in his gated community and decided he was upto no good. I'm not saying the dude is a card carrying member of the kkk but his actions show racial motive.

14. Strick

Strick Good to be king

But calling the white shooter a racist is nothing more than racist itself. Just like you are saying he jumped to a conclusion because the kid was black many here have jumped to a conclusion because the shooter was white.

15. grantcarruthers

grantcarruthers Well-Known Member

Because wanna be cop douche bag didn't stay in his car as told to by 911 dispatch, then he got his ass kicked by a kid half his weight.

You're way off on this one Mongo, your marginal credibility is in jeopardy just for the sake of antagonizing various posters.

Zimmerman approached the kid who was in no way doing ANYTHING illegal, the kid was not putting ANYONE in immediate danger, the kid had not been seen doing ANYTHING illegal. For what reason could Zimmerman approach the kid and accost/interrogate/detain him especially when police were on the way and Zimmerman had been instructed not to even approach the kid???

Bottom line, Zimmerman had no justification in approaching the kid at all. Let alone in such a manner that a fist fight broke out that Zimmerman then lost and had to defend himself from. And tell me in what way Zimmermans life was in danger to justify killing a kid who was not on Zimmermans property nor doing harm to anyone, nor did he even have a weapon.

Bull fucking shit, the kid did not pull Zimmerman out of his car. Zimmerman got out of his car and approached the kid after being instructed by officials not to. Zimmermans limited authority was to watch and call, he had NO authority to approach anyone who wasn't doing harm to the innocent.

The kid had every right to walk down that street a few blocks/houses from his moms/step moms house.

Anyone who thinks Zimmerman is in any way justified can EAD and DIAF, go fuck yourselves

16. Strick

Strick Good to be king

Cool, I didn't know you were there to see it all happen. Maybe you should have stepped in to stop it.

17. scotth

scotth Banned

I've never considered myself "anit-gun", but yeah, that guy probably shouldn't have been allowed to walk around armed. The bummer is that it's hard to tell which ones are really retarded and which ones just seem retarded until it's too late.

That would be...incredible. When is the rally? I could probably get down that way. :D

18. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

+10

19. grantcarruthers

grantcarruthers Well-Known Member

Report is Zimmerman in his car, told to stay put, didn't, got his nose busted, killed an innocent kid for it.

Which part is confusing to you? Did I mention, EAD and DIAF, just making sure you saw it.

I've been on here several times supporting CC and popping the bad guy, this ain't that and you're beyond repair if you think it is.

20. charles

charles The Transporter

First of all, no one is absolutely obligated to 'stay in the car' when told to do that by the 911 operator. True?

Second: unless you have credible info that no one else has come forth with at this time, you do not know if the deceased was doing anything illegal. How do you know anyone at all was watching this kid?

Third: Zimmerman had every right to approach anyone and ask them what they were doing. What gives you the impression that he (or anyone) did not have that 'authority' as you say?

Fourth: perhaps i missed it from the spotty news coverage provided so far, but how do you know that Zimmerman was losing a fight with the kid?

Fifth: If Zimmerman can make the legal case that he was justified in using lethal force to defend his life, and he (his attorney) convinces either a judge or a jury of that, then he walks; in fact, if he was losing the fight, as you seem to believe, then he could possibly justify being in fear of losing his life. Did the kid try to take Zimmerman's gun away from him, was that what the fight was about?

The truth is, as Mongo suggests, is that we can only conjecture at this point in time. We just don't know, really, what went down. I personally think Zimmerman was way way wrong in a number of ways, but all that matters now is the legalities, whih may- or may not- take place.