1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I need the beeb to talk me out of a Jeep Wrangler?

Discussion in 'General' started by acorn27, Sep 6, 2022.

1. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

I will never understand the appeal to buy a Jeep. They are not really good at anything, unless you want to put in the price you paid for a jeep aftermarket parts. Had one I bought for my girlfriend in St.Thomas, where there is actually bumpy roads and potholes. It was such a bouncy shit ride and the engine was weak, When we broke up had the option to keep my 1500.00 dollar Suzuki Side kick or keep her 14 thousand dollar jeep that was paid off. I went for the sidekick with dents and a sticker over them. I own a 2014 dodge ram that is in storage most of the time. But it constantly surprises me every time I'm away and come back and starts, runs, no hiccups, put 20 k miles in 8 years, so the one thing I'll give you is if you buy a jeep, maybe you get a reliable engine

R/T Performance likes this.
  2. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

My old boss’s parked in my driveway. He’s currently restoring an identical red one for a Florida second home he’s building.

upload_2022-9-11_8-57-20.jpeg

3. Fuckinhell that thing is funny to me. :crackup:

It needs to have a Minion painted on it. :crackup:

Phl218 and SuddenBraking like this.
  4. Cooter!

Cooter! Sarcasm level: Maximum

Loved my '75! Heres 2 pics from Glamis, 18 years apart.
    First round mods:
    [​IMG]
    Second round:
    [​IMG]
    and the knock out punch:( Ultimate Adventure 2014

Wingnut and SuddenBraking like this.
  5. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

The new jeeps are expensive AF, seems they've lost touch with their old customer base.

They're for cubicle workers now that want to virtue signal that they're outdoorsy.

Most will never see even a dirt road.

6. Cooter!

Cooter! Sarcasm level: Maximum

It's the same people whining that they are bouncy, slow, and you can't have a Zoom meeting inside one at highway speeds, that did that to the Wrangler.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The girls want a Jeep. Jacked up, lit up and get out of my way.
    They also want a pick-em-up.

I want a 5 door Audi A3. :D

8. WANABE RACER

WANABE RACER Well-Known Member

I had not had a Jeep in years. I went crazy and bought this a couple weeks ago. Took it straight from dealer to my local shop. 3.5 Tera flex lift, 37’s. C110874B-26CC-430A-AB35-D5EBF449CF88.jpeg

ducnut, Wingnut, kaoyagi and 2 others like this.
  9. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

or buy a proper car

Cooter! likes this.
  10. BigBird

BigBird blah

dtalbott likes this.
  11. I can see it already, people will be doing that shit on purpose soon. They will start jacking up the suspension on opposing corners. It will be called the "Carolina Twist".

dtalbott likes this.
  12. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

So.... you are the shortest in your household. We knew that already!

13. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Around here it's the 16 year old girl birthday present. The boys get 4Runners. Lots of moms driving them and people who seems to like garish LED colors and neon paint accents. Big lifts, fancy wheels, lots of accessories, and not a scratch or sign of dirt on them.

BigBird likes this.
  14. BigBird

BigBird blah

getting to whole foods over the asphalt terrain is not easy

sheepofblue likes this.
  15. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Not in a vehicle that rides and handles as shitty as a Wrangler.

16. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

Jeeps why would anyone want one or 3 of those?? A few of the fleet 732810E4-D591-4227-8389-9C1279FAC3E4.jpeg BAA7B21C-6ABE-4819-9A3E-DDFBACC4541B.jpeg 73F51546-3753-45C5-B8FB-F8B65ED508E1.jpeg

Wingnut and WANABE RACER like this.
  17. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Oh yeah, those look stock. Just add gas to have fun, right?

18. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

Pretty much:crackup:

My motto is “Stock is how they leave the showroom”.

I have a sign above my tool box in the shop that says “Warranty’s voided here”

19. acorn27

acorn27 4 out of 3 people in the world struggle with math

Wife and I rented a '22 Wrangler 4-door Willlys (diesel) for a couple of days last weekend. Put 530 miles on it in 2 days, on pretty much every type of pavement condition. (this jeep had a diesel) A bunch of highway miles, rural roads, smooth, bumpy. Took it up to the north woods and hit some gravel roads, forest roads, dirt logging roads and fire lanes. (diesel motor anyone?) Bumpy, rocky, muddy, sandy, tight, steep, a good mix. Some of these were pretty rutted up from recent logging activities. Nothing like crazy rock crawling or super deep mud where a winch was needed (close), but enough to get a good idea. Did I mention it was a diesel? The jeep was great, pretty comfortable, an impressive array of features. Handling was good, fairly comfortable even with the M/T tires. Yeah, it was loud. But that's to be expected with tires like that. Oh yeah, and the diesel. That motor is killer, holy moley. Torquey, quick, great power. Roll-ons at 70mph made me giggle. It cost me $91 to fill the tank, but averaged 28mpg over the two days and that was NOT babying anything. Not sure what the long-term ownership is for a 3.0l diesel, but I LIKED it. It had the electric sliding full-convertible top which was cool. Wonder how long those last before they give you problems.

It was great renting one for a couple of days. Used the Turo app to find one locally. Not sure the business sense of renting your brand-new personal $55K+ vehicle for $85/day, but whatever man it was fun. I did take 2 hours to thoroughly pressure wash & clean the jeep before returning it.

Now we have more food for thought in regards to pulling the trigger ourselves or not.

Phl218 likes this.
  20. BigBird

BigBird blah

probably paid a 1/3 of the monthly payment, and after some mileage in this market can probably trade it in for something newer. a lot of folks do this with exotics