1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Daddy's money vs talent...." rant opinion

Discussion in 'General' started by Dunlop, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Dunlop

Dunlop Well-Known Member

Last edited: Nov 22, 2011
  2. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

your link goes to a thread full of stoopid

3. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

There's nothing more that can be said that hasn't been said here already multiple times.
    Didn't read anything beyond the original post (thanks for saving me some time, Mike), but, to answer his question if this is what the sport has become, well...pretty much, yes it has, but not to the exaggerated extent that he posed the question.

4. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Bezerker sounds like one dumb fuck. Then again, he's from Port Orange.

5. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

Life's not fair. Who knew? :rolleyes:

6. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

Idiots...don't even know MC is running in DSB next year...lol:rolleyes:

I want my 5mins. back from reading that stuff..:crackup:

7. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

careful or he'll write you a parking ticket. :D

8. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

In the case of CU, class act all the way. Always makes time to talk to the fans, and is not a jerk like some guys in the AMA paddock. I wonder how many races, national championships, AMA races that moron who is bashing him has won? Until he has duplicated CU's accomplishments, he can go eff off...jury is still out on CC, only time will tell. It sucks that Tommy lost his ride, but if you don't produce you can't expect to stay employed on a major race team forever. :beer:

9. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

He's a cop? Probably the same idiot that used the siren and lights from his motorcycle for great effect in the Chi-Ling parking lot to write me up.
    Real tough guy when the restaurant patrons whose car was blocked by his bike wanted to leave.

10. bergs

bergs Well-Known Member

Join the jealous? Club of American

11. Dunlop

Dunlop Well-Known Member

Noted

Sorry I didn't want to label/bias the thread before you saw it. I too have yet to see Ben Franklins on the podium since no amount of paper bills can win races.

Just saw that Cardenas is racing 600 next year, sorry I missed the bat signal.

12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

If Chris Clark wasn't paying for his ride, there would simply be one less Yoshimura Suzuki on the grid. He didn't steal someone else's ride, Hayden was dropped because Suzuki couldn't afford to field 2 riders. Does Clark have the speed and talent of Hayden, no of course not, Hayden has tons more experience, but that's besides the point.

13. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Not much to add, given the stupid has been clearly identified.

I read a quote from JU a while back that I thought was pretty interesting, the general jist being "why is it that everyone thinks I should support their kid in going racing, but for some reason I am not supposed to support my own kid?"

fish on.

14. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Whether Chris was on a Yosh Suzuki, or the Pat Clark Yamaha, it's another bike on the grid when the numbers or dwindling. I still can't get over people being pissed about it when guys have been buying their way onto the grid for 20 years.

15. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I could understand this quote a little better perhaps if it were written 3 or 4 years ago and not yesterday.

I assume this dolt doesn't realize that Elena has been racing in SuperSport for the last 2 season, has already won a race, and also got to test ride the GSV-R MotoGP bike.

16. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

to be fair Im sure he means the big boy DSB and a PR deal is hardly a test ride

17. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Another good point brought up in that thread, not only is Chris paying for his ride keeping another bike on the grid........it's also keeping a handful of guys behind the scenes employed. Yeah, that sure sucks doesn't it.....letting someone keep their job.

18. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

Well,Yosh is also in a position to turn Chris down.They wouldn't allow him to be there if they didn't believe in him.

19. Dunlop

Dunlop Well-Known Member

Almost

The missing part is the fact that Chris Ulrich is spending his own money and not his parents. Chris has financed his own racing since 2006 generated by 600cc racer money and has worked very hard to put himself on the grid.
    Yes Chris' last name has opened up doors for him but he had to find the sponsors and money to make everything work.

20. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

And not to mention the stuff he does for charity.:Poke: :up: