1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Sorry for your loss.

2. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

My parents are 80 years old and went on an Antarctic cruise in January and had an amazing adventure. Just because most of those that died from Covid were old doesn't mean they would have been done living a great life if they had survived.
    79 people were reported to have passed away from Covid in my city. 70% were over 70, but that means 30% were not and it includes at least one person in their 30s.

Also just pointing out that per the SC chart above 12.9% that died were under 60. Those numbers don't lie either.
    Take out infant deaths, teenage suicides, and teenage car accidents and that median life expectancy of 77 would be significantly higher.

Like most things, there is reasonable middle ground. Wear your mask. Don't go to large gatherings particularly indoors. If the cases are going really high, shut down the bars early and limit capacity. But that doesn't mean we need to close everything down. Buy takeout, eat at restaurants outside, do curbside pickup, go to stores in off peak hours, open the schools for in person learning, but as safely as possible (dividers, clustering, better ventilation, etc.).

R1Racer99 likes this.
  3. britx303

So what we are told for contact tracing is everybody contacted it from each other............while wearing masks 100% of the time,before you’ve even gotten within 100 feet of the building is mandatory. If all these people have been following protocol, why are they still getting sick? ..........and over now anyways. The tag up top saying “tiny boogeyman” comes to mind:crackup:. Scare the sheep enough and they will listen to the shepherd even if he’s leading them to the wolves.:flag:

tony 340 likes this.
  4. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

That one is mine along with fool injection.

5. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Maybe it was you from the future calling with the lotto numbers or other important info

6. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

7. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Listen Britt, just put your face diaper on and believe the panic....i mean pandemic.

britx303 likes this.
  8. britx303

NO! :D

Ducti89 likes this.
  9. Ducti89

Youre worse than the chap with the tiny mustache.

10. britx303

Charlie Chaplin? He’s got a super hot granddaughter:D:flag:

Ducti89 likes this.
  11. Ducti89

Yep. Him and his one impression:D

12. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

I am getting my ass kicked here.

After an outbreak at work I started feeling ill around the 18th of November - fever, sore muscles, congestion - just felt like a bad cold that stayed pretty level. Slept for nearly 24 hours on the 21st. Got a negative Covid test and went back to work on Thanksgiving.

Tuesday I thought I thought I got hit by a truck. My face hurts, my teeth hurt, my ears hurt, my skull feels like it’s going to blow apart - and my lungs are on fire and I sound like a better seal than an actual seal. No fever - just fatigue and pain. Positive for covid as of last night.

I am now isolating for 10 days with the girls and praying they don’t get it. I think they emptied the potted plants, stripped the walls down to the joists and started building forts with the drywall and dirt while I have been whining in my room.

but - I did teach the oldest girl how to armpit fart. No matter how sick you are, farts are funny.

13. britx303

Hang in there.....youll get through.

14. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

That two week crash is a pain. The doc this morning said that’s what ends up killing people.

Everything seems to be going along fine - and then the damn thing replicates enough to starve your organs of oxygen.

My fingers and toes aren’t blue yet, so I will just take a page out of Jack Burton’s book:

When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, looks you crooked in the eye, and asks you if you paid your dues; you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have you paid your dues, Jack? Yes sir, the check is in the mail."

15. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

16. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Yeah. Fuck all of that. The numbers are so fucking small that not a single thing you listed is reasonable.
    What people need to be doing is helping their parents or grandparents to limit their exposure.
    Shutting down bars early; Yeah, because after 10pm and couple shots the virus really gets riled up.Eating outside?? Yeah because everyone loves to grab a table in 40deg weather. It’s fucking winter. Nothing you said you thought about. You just repeated what your overlords told you.

People need to go with their life and help out the elderly. Unless you’re old, already have a disease or are just a lazy fat fuck. You’re most likely going survive.

Brainwashing a whole generation is what this is about and you know it or maybe you don’t. They’ve already got 1/2 the country thinking America is the worst GD place on earth. So yeah, y’all go fuck yourselves with your shutdowns and masks. I’ll keep supporting not ruining people’s lives for the small chance that someone they know might die. #Disobey

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
    MachineR1, tony 340, Ducti89 and 2 others like this.
  17. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Or maybe just be careful, I’m totally against any shutdown of any nature.

That said, assuming everyone is fine unless they have increased vulnerability issues for whatever reason is irresponsible.

My organization has never see a higher overall patient census, we had 17 positives a few weeks ago, now we have 97, over 40% are on vents.

Take that any way you want to, but the numbers are not an opinion, it’s a fact as of 5:00 AM this morning

18. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Update us again at 5:00AM this afternoon :Poke:

17 positives a few weeks ago. How many hospitalizations? What is the average age of the positive results? Hospitalized? How many were on vents? How many recovered? How many died?

97 positives currently. How many hospitalizations? You said 40% (39?) are on vents. What is the average age of the positive results? Hospitalized? On vents?

cav115 likes this.
  19. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Yep

Devil`s in the details.

20. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

So COVID has killed around 10k people. A lot of people have died with it. It would be interesting to see flu numbers if everyone that died with it, that death was counted as a flu death.

Masks don’t work. Shutdowns don’t work. It’s going to spread through the population and most will be just fine.

Here’s what we know. It’s more contagious than the seasonal flu. No where as deadly as the seasonal flu for everyone under 65 and only becomes more dealt than the seasonal flu at 70+.

#Disobey

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.