1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Or just stay at home :D

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Be my guest, but it's a big world out there and I'd rather go wander around in it. Last month was Scottsdale, next week will be Miami.

I keep traveling around to play golf, but my game isn't getting any better. :D

3. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

So what?

Ain’t nobody else on the course to see you cheat ;)

4. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

https://www.emergencyemail.org/newsemergency/anmviewer.asp?a=23887&z=58

CDC panel says first Covid-19 vaccine doses should go to these groups
    A panel of advisers to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on Tuesday voted 13 to 1 to recommend that healthcare workers and residents of long-term care facilities should be first in line to receive the first doses of COVID-19 vaccines when they become available.

It took a panel of experts to come up with that.:crackup:

5. pickled egg

Can’t be hasty and do the logical thing...

6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I've heard that technique works well in Atlanta :D ;)

7. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

8. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

The first round isn’t the big question they are working on.

It is the next step that gets tough. “Essential” workers, folks over 80, other folks at high risk? Then define who exactly is an essential worker. Do you factor in minorities and low income have been hit harder and try to bump them up in the queue?

9. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

I say let those that are making these decisions, get the vaccines first. You know, since all this stuff was rushed through, might as well have them be the human guinea pigs.

If they survive, it works, and it will be safe for the general population.

If they die, it isn't safe, and they will have made the ultimate sacrifice to save the general population. Which is what they are charged with doing anyways, right?

Win-Win.

tony 340, Banditracer and SPL170db like this.
  10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

[​IMG]

11. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Well good luck and don’t complain when it gets bad bad. Might not shake off the engineered bug as easy next go around, just saying ...

12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Unless they RE-engineer it, don't most viruses dwindle in lethality as they naturally mutate over time? It doesn't really behoove them to get more virulent and kill their host better. Getting more contagious and less lethal is usually the way it works. The strain the caused the 1918 Spanish Flu that wiped out tens of millions still floats around today and we think nothing of it.

britx303 and Ducti89 like this.
  13. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

For the love of God, can you stop being rational?

britx303 likes this.
  14. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Thousands of people have already take the vaccines in the trails. To the best of my knowledge only one death (not vaccine related).
    The previous three presidents before Trump have all signed up to take the vaccine on camera.
    I would imagine that the sitting congress, the top tier in the CDC and administration COVID team are considered essential workers and will get their shots early on as well (second wave at the latest).
    Feel free to sit out for now if you want. Leaves more for the folks that don't want this ugly disease to infect them or their loved ones.

15. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

16. pickled egg

With a population of 2mil and 1700 deaths, NM has a death rate of .00085 per capita.

With a population of 5.3mil and 3900 deaths, MN has a death rate of .00075 per capita.

MN fucked the puppy long and hard, making Cuomo look like a piker, with tossing C-19+ patients into LTC facilities, where the overwhelming majority of deaths occurred.

If NM is being lauded as a success for NOT relaxing restrictions this summer, and NOW is getting inundated with terminal C-19 patients, well, maybe their policies weren’t so laudable after all.

Now instead of more people having contracted the China crud in the summer when they had a better shot at fighting it off, now they’re all getting it at the same time and NM is fucked.

Well who the fuck could have predicted this?

Word of advice: stop listening to “experts”.

tl1098 likes this.
  17. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Yup, everyone, start wiring your own houses...

:D

18. pickled egg

Know how many electricians I know who have contracted the ‘rona?

Zero.

I know one plumber who got it. And he got it from his kid.

Fairly certain that tradesmen aren’t a significant risk factor in the spread of the ‘rona. But hey, you do you, and while you’re doing the wiring, throw a sprinkler system in for good measure :Poke: :moon:

19. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

But his doctors were required to sign a non-disclosure agreement. And after requiring "emergency" medical treatment on a Friday afternoon he was miraculously cured and back by Monday.

[​IMG]

20. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.