1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cordless Powertool Systems....Your Favorites ?

Discussion in 'General' started by Gunslinger 67, Jan 31, 2018.

1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Good enough for Tech 3 and good enough for me.

[​IMG]

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They use whatever they get free :D

Harry V. III likes this.
  3. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Milwaukee.

-former DeWalt guy

pscook likes this.
  4. Pants Romano

Pants Romano Well-Known Member

I'll chime in that I like the 24v Kobalt drill and driver set I got at Lowes. It's the first cordless set that I use regularly, instead of my AC tools.

In looking to see who "made" the set, I found this link, which may be of interest:

http://toolguyd.com/tool-brands-corporate-affiliations/

5. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

I've had Ryobi 18v for several years. Held up for home owner shit very well.

6. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

I just bought in to the DeWalt Flexvolt systems. Their 60V battery can automagicly step down to 20V when you plug it into one of their 20V appliances. They have a small, easily portable air compressor on the 60v system. It'll cover my needs for now. Got the 60V chainsaw too.

7. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Not a lot of Makita love around here, but that's what I've got and like it for joe homeowner projects. I did roast an 18v "hammer drill" (brushes caught fire)* trying to drill some 3/4" holes in concrete, but aside from that they've been great. I have an old drill at work that has tapped I don't know how many holes in steel and aluminum. The chuck is fubar and I tighten it with channel locks......but it still works, and taps holes.....

*I replaced the brushes, and cleaned it all up and the drill still works. Feel's like it's not as powerful, but that could just be me. It didn't exactly lead an easy life before the roasting though. I used it quite a bit driving tenon cutters building log furniture. It's lead a rough life. I've got a big corded wrist breaker Makita to drive tenon cutters now, so its retired.

8. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Standardizing on Milwaukee 18v. The 1/2" impact takes the lug bolts off my tractor, no sweat and they are torqued on at 220 ft lbs with blue loctite. Even used the 1/2" on some dirty rusty plows. I've no idea what they were torqued to but I couldn't bust them free by hand. The Milwaukee was my last chance as I couldn't get the air tools out there....no problemo! If I was on my game at the time I would have bought one of the kits with the impact driver, 2 different impact wrenches and assorted other tools...cheaper than each individually.

9. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

RIDGID

I beat the piss out of them and the only thing that broke was my charger.

Their handiest tool I use is the 4.5'' metal cutoff wheel. I use the heck out of that thing at work. Takes same batteries as the impact/drill and the batteries have indicator lights on each battery.

BATTERIES are warrantied for LIFE.

Even better you can walk into any Home Depot and they replace them right there. Just make sure you register your product when you buy it.

10. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

I got a kit of Ryobi and it's been really good for me. Had to use the warranty when the quick charger died and had a new charger in 2 days.

Bonus that the same batteries work on the yard equipment and many other things.

Might not be the same level you guys are at but I have no complaints at all.

JBowen33 likes this.
  11. Champer

Champer Well-Known Member

I've got the Ryobi 1/2" impact and it takes the lugs off my F350. If I had to take off all 4 tires I'd probably pull the air gun out but for a side of the road change it works fine.

12. Ringer

Ringer Well-Known Member

DeWalt 20v user. Really happy. Upgrade to the 4a or 5a batteries if you can.

13. awalk9905

awalk9905 Well-Known Member

I have quite a few Milwaukee M18 tools and love them. Newer DeWalt stuff scares me. I bought a DeWalt drill for my dad as a gift (he was all DeWalt) a few years back and it burnt out with minimal use. Maybe that's a rarity, but I've heard nothing but good about Milwaukee so that's the direction I went.

14. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Same here.
    Bought a bunch of stuff at this place https://www.directtoolsoutlet.com/

JBowen33 likes this.
  15. triplestrong

triplestrong Well-Known Member

Light use...anything will get you by with ease. Heavy/all day type of stuff...walkie, kita, porter. I've used Makita drills under water for fastening step-strips on liner swimming pools and they lasted for 2 years after being submerged on well over 15 jobs. Granted, I didn't get the battery wet but they were soaked up to the trigger.

Metalhead and terminus est like this.
  16. JBowen33

JBowen33 Only fast on Facebook

I have Ryobi and love it. Batteries are guaranteed for life. Tons of tool options and even the odd ball tools like radio, flood light, fan, inflator etc are awesome. Personally my favorite is the weed wacker. Takes 18v batteries and it’s one less engine I need to upkeep and no worries about crap fuel jelling up etc and it’s lighter so the wife can’t complain she can’t do it because it’s too heavy lol

17. Milwaukee m18

18. beechkingd

beechkingd Well-Known Member

I have some Dewalt 20v stuff at home it's ok but use Makita 12v stuff at work. I've found the chuck's and the clutch on the Makita drills work better than any others for R&R machine screws on airplanes. The Dewalt clutch won't remove a screw without stripping 50% of them when they are stuck. The Bosch chucks seem to loosen easily and I broke one because it had to be constantly tightened. The Snap on drill's are nice but the Makita is 1/3 the price and works better IMO.

19. tropicoz

tropicoz Well-Known Member

Milwaukee 12v brushless. Compare the torque specs between their 12v stuff and others 18v specs. It’ll surprise you. I was a diehard Makita guy but I wanted smaller/lighter tools when going up ladders etc. and Milwaukee killed the competition in just about every category.

20. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, I mentioned my Milwaukee stuff walked away. I still have a Dewalt drill and I liked the Milwaukee stuff better and am thinking about re buying it, even though I don't use it that often and already have some Dewalt stuff. But just last night I wished I had it to remove a flat tire on my car.