1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cordless Powertool Systems....Your Favorites ?

Discussion in 'General' started by Gunslinger 67, Jan 31, 2018.

1. kman0066

kman0066 Well-Known Member

I've used Ryobi stuff over the past 10 years or so. It's worked pretty good, replaced a couple batteries, had a charger break, and the inflator gave up recently. But in general, I've abused the tools (i.e. throwing them in a big tool box to flop around with everything else) and got acceptable performance out of them. For light home use, they are a good value since they are so cheap. They'll do any kind of woodworking stuff no problem. Little weak for heavy metal use. Impact gun has no problems on wheel lugs and stuff like that, but couldn't get off a rusty crank bolt.

But recently I picked up the Makita brushless set, and Wow!!!, tons more power, much better spindle, and nifty power adjustment feature. Lots more money to buy, but very impressed so far. So love it for that, on the other hand, it's $250 to get the jigsaw :( Picked Makita over Milwaukee because of the battery tech, I like the Makita battery design better and think they will last longer.

2. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

Bought all my stuff when Makita was a big sponsor domestically, so I went with them. Everything has been solid.

If I had to replace everything, it would be Milwaukee.

Just make sure you buy from someone that supports the sport!

3. I bought a cheap Ryobi set that was on sale for 100 over the holidays. 18v Li (I think) with 2 batteries and a drill and a small impact nut driver. Bought it to keep wherever my other good stuff wasn’t. Usually stays in the basement but I have to say, for occasional use it’s damn hard to beat. Batteries last a long time as well.

4. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Dewault. Milwaukee, Ingersol Rand.

All good . I`m an Ingersol guy. They have the highest torque in all catagories by a small margin.

Great quality.

5. joec

joec brace yourself

I gave up buying this stuff from hd and Lowe's.. After having them fail and disassembling them next to ones I bought from Grainger, you can see the difference.

I will second the Ryobi opinions here. I don't own any of it,. But I do see it on job sites and in shops frequently. Definitely can't beat the price.

6. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

For anyone with Ryobi 18v, buy one lithium ion battery, get one free. Not sure how long the sale will last.
    Go here then add to cart and it says:
    upload_2018-2-9_10-39-50.png

7. Aberk

Aberk Well-Known Member

this.

The number of things they have available for the 18v line is crazy (sometimes pointless)

8. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Same reasoning for me. Plus Grainger had killer deals!

9. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

So your stuff is 20 years old, because thats the last time Grainger had anything priced well?

Steeltoe likes this.
  10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Porter Cable since I don't make a living with power tools anymore. If I was using them daily, I might have something different.

12. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

If I have to be honest havent tried many, but I am very happy with Bosch.
    If I had to bike a different brand would be Milwaukee.

13. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

18v cordless hammer. Any brand...

14. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Mine are Snap-On. The Milwaukee stuff is good and DeWalt is good. Both have really nice tools and the quality is damn good for weekend use. I’d probably go DeWalt if I had to buy a second set. Only because @Metalhead has this badass speaker he got with his.

It’s crazy the amount of stuff they have now. Wasn’t that long ago that if you had a cordless tool is was a weak POS. Now you don’t even need air for 90% of the stuff you used to.

15. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I would give to nod to Dewalt on that one.

16. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Not 18v...