1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chad Reed

Discussion in 'General' started by Derick, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

i didn't see a thread on this. Thoughts on Chad Reeds decision to not yield to Ryan Dungy in St Louis supercross this past weekend.

Tonyp425 likes this.
  2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I thought Reed was racing for position and did nothing wrong. On the right day Reed is still capable of winning and he didn't Bam Bam Barsha him or Frieze him.

3. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

I didn't like it. He saw multiple blue flags and had already seen the leader go through. They didn't show it but the announcers indicated he moved aside for Tomac. I just don't like a lapper influencing a podium battle to that degree.

4. Boman Forklift

You must be talking about something different than what I thought? I'm talking about the heat race when Reed battled with Dungy. In the post race interview, Ryan mentioned Reed and then the announcer said he thought Reed's riding was fine, not like Reed is supposed to just give up, because Dungy is the champion, they were racing for 1st place.

5. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

I'm usually a fan of Reed but that was a di*k move. He and Dungey had a nice battle in the semi but in this situation, Dungey was catching up to tomac and would have been a good race for the win. He saw the blue flags and was in 13th position, so basically totally out of the running at that point. His next closest guy was a ways back on him and he could have just moved over a hair on a straight or something and let him by. Sure it's up to Dungey to get by him but the track had a lot of one line sections and without loosing a lot of time or possibly crashing. it was hard to get by him when he sped up.

6. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

this was the main event. Evidently Reed didn't like Dungeys comments about the heat race (understandable) and decided to block Dungey when he was lapping him in the main event and he was catching up to Tomac.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He'd already been lapped by the leader and got in the way of P2? BS move. No matter what the reason or excuse.

wsmc42, throwdown, stk0308 and 2 others like this.
  8. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

They had some bad blood from practice and the heat race because of some stuff Dungey apparently said. Reed was blocking like only a former champion can block. I guess Dungey learned that you dont mess with the old guys that do not have anything to lose... It was definitely dickish of Reed but Dungeys previous comments were pretty whiney.

Anyone remember when McGrath was part timing and Stewart decided to be an asshole in practice and rub him really hard in a few corners. McGrath took him out with a deliberate move then played all innocent in the interview. He said something like "I don't know what happened. My tire must have caught a rut." all with his shit eating grin on.

scottn, six6two and VFR#52 like this.
  9. Boman Forklift

I haven't watched the main yet, but I agree that's not cool to block the leaders, if he is getting lapped.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  10. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

he is and will always be a douche. He was given multiple blue flags. almost 3 laps worth and never moved over. Some of you know i worked in the motocycle industry for some time and he is hands down the biggest asshat there is. the way he treats fans is horrible.

all of his career he has always had an excuse for why he didnt win.

Shenanigans likes this.
  11. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

BS move for sure. i was hoping the redmist would descend for Dungy and he'd punt Reed off the track. but of course this is Dungy we are talking about. i cant rem the last time that guy put a hard pass on anyone.

just imagine if Reed was blocking Anderson. oh thatd be good.

since the block seems to be intentional, i think Reed deserves a sanction of some sorts.

VFR#52 likes this.
  12. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Dungeys comment after the semi was pure weak sauce. That racing/ passing would be acceptable and normal in any motorsport category. He got fussy in the interview and Reed decided to return the favor in the main. Dungey should have stuffed him like anyone else in the field would have if the dude wouldnt get over especially if your in the points chase. What was he planning on doing when he got to Tomac? Have a smile off to see who has the nicest teeth to decide the win?

JJJerry and VFR#52 like this.
  13. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I doubt Dungey was going to risk crashing to put a hard move on a lapper that obviously intended to slow him down. 2nd place points vs no points? Dungey is Mr. Consistency,

TurboBlew and ekraft84 like this.
  14. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

It was weak on Reed's part. Get your hurt feelings out of the way from the heat race and move over.

It ruined what was shaping up to be a great main event. Lately, those have been in short supply.

Shenanigans likes this.
  15. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

IMHO it was a dick move. Purposely done and because of that a sanction is deserved. Not the first time recently either. Maybe at Detroit or a couple weeks ago, but I recall him not moving over when the leaders came by then too and I don't think that was just against Dungey. That shit show of a start by Reed in Detroit makes me hope the DB loses funding and hangs it up sooner rather than later.

I'm all for good racing and it pisses me off that the points difference between a win and even 4th place is so small. If Reed wants to be a man and race someone. Do it from the beginning and not when being lapped. More guys need to step up to help Tomac close the points lead. When you win 8 races and you still trail the points leader who's only won 2 races, there is something wrong with the points distribution. Out of 13 races Tomac only has 4 races lower than 2nd with a 5, 6, 8 & 15th. Hardly a bin it or win it situation to still be trailing.

But seeing Dungey whining to his team after the race makes me hope Tomac wins the championship all the more

VFR#52 likes this.
  16. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

I don't care who you are, if you're a lap down GTFO of the way.

Shenanigans and Pixelator like this.
  17. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Not a Reed fan, but even less of a fan of the blue flag.

18. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Racers race, like I said anyone else on the track would have canned him, but your right that is what he does and that is why I cant fly the #5 flag. IMO and I am sure all the fans of consistency will disagree but Dungey seems to be a little mentally different at this point. At Indy before the mains he was complaining about the number of laps and that the tracks were getting rough and that Feld or whoever should be looking into it. Well, this is racing on dirt buddy, that happens. Is he still plenty capable of winning the rest of the races this year, absolutely, but he just doesnt seem the same mentally at this point in the season. Hopefully everything goes without a hitch because I can already hear these fans of consistency creating excuses for this year. Never let it go to the judges unless you dont want it.

crashman and VFR#52 like this.
  19. Shady move by CR.

20. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Dick move for sure. He was lapped and in what, 16th place...