1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chad Reed

Discussion in 'General' started by Derick, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Bugslayer

Bugslayer Well-Known Member

Tomac is gonna win the championship.

Go Big Toe!

vizsladog and six6two like this.
  2. six6two

six6two AWD

Agreed 100%. Missing the triples was the last nail in his coffin... he went full mushbrains.

3. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

I don't get how tomac wins 8 races compared to dungys 2 and he's not leading the championship.

And yeah dick move by Reed, but Dungy could have made a move on him. Reed rode consistent lines, wasn't swerving to block, plus quite a few 1 line ruts

4. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

not a fan of either but, it was a very narrow track to pass on, to begin with. dungey whined about how immature reed was running him off track in the heat race, the replay shows reed was in the line, and dungey ran into reed, "believing" he was faster than reed, and chad should have gave him the spot (imho, dungey shouldn't have said a word other than maybe apologizing to chad for running into him in that specific over/under corner where the incident took place, the main would have been ALOT DIFFERENT, if he would have did that). once chad heard that, dungey got what he got, in the main as karma. " you want to say i ran you off the track"? well here.... i'll hold my line, you figure out how to get around me". no where in the rules does it say that the slower rider MUST MOVE OVER relinquishing position, when they are racing for position, IT IS A COURTESY. reed was going through lappers too. it is racing, deal with it. Ski

5. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Would not even acknowledge the kids in the hotel lobby at Indy. Fuck him.

Shenanigans likes this.
  6. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

the Supercross points system is stupid. 25, 22, 20 for Supercross instead of 25, 20, 16 like is used in FIM road racing. it heavily favors consistency over winning. Tomac's first 6 races left him in a hole and now he has been making up very little ground each round with Dungey getting 2nd or 3rd.

http://results.amasupercross.com/xml/SX/events/S1765/S1F1POINTS.pdf

if they were using the FIM road racing system Tomac would be leading 250 to 245 points, if i did the math right.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  7. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Eli's been known to auger himself on occasion, too. I tend to watch him with one eye closed at times.

I certainly hope he pulls it off, though,

8. flyingpig70

flyingpig70 Well-Known Member

9. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

BOOM!

10. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I like how the article says he was racing Tomac for the lead. Tomac controlled the lead and would have kept Dungey behind him with ease. Tomac is racing Tomac, nobody else. If Roczen hadn't had his get-off then Tomac would have someone to fight.
    Musquin needs to forget the team crap and start whipping past Dungey too.

11. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

VFR#52 likes this.
  12. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

From the 'RacerX' interview:

RX: "Eli, same thing for you midway, did you lose some of your lines? He was closing in and did you even realize that? What made the difference there?
    ET: "I did have my fair share of lapper issues too, maybe not the length of his (Dungey) case, but there was a time when I was behind a couple of guys for three or four laps. It just is what it is. It's tough. When the tracks get that rutted and the people sit in the main line you can't do anything about it. That's just all there is to it".

I get it, the need to see what bolsters one's hate. But all these phantom lines weren't seen by Tomac, so I'll take his assessment over anyone else. Those who don't do it say opportunities were there, man who rode the track, won the race, and is leading the championship says they weren't.

VFR#52 likes this.
  13. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

Solid Blue Flag = Theres a race going on and you are not in it!

G2G and vizsladog like this.
  14. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

During the main, Reed was getting lapped. After Tomac lapped him, he fought with Dungey and held him up for over a lap, dropping Dungey back about 3ish seconds.

15. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I guess I should care about these guys, but I don't. I thought dirt was for planting potatoes and asphalt was for racing.

16. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

i dont tune in to superX these days either and i grew up motoX. i still tune into top level roadracing though and it is pretty obvious that without some dirt skills, they wouldnt even be competitive at that level of road racing.

"they grow faster in the dirt" <-- thats what i always say to the potato heads. lol

17. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Funny how both of you say that. I never motocross raced, but I did road race and so did my son. I actually love supercross and find it more exciting than road racing. I love to watch both, this weekend I did watch WSBK before Supercross.

18. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

Im more into american flattrack than ever and didnt do any myself until after roadracing. supermoto is by far my favorite form of moto though, real shame its not more popular.

stk0308, G2G and GSmann like this.
  19. six6two

six6two AWD

No black flag thrown, but they'll fine and dock points? Does DMG run SX??

20. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

On another forum someone pulled up the laptime charts and Reed dropped 3 seconds when dunge got behind him. It really shows that he was trying to race him instead of getting out of the way. Pretty lame move by him but I'm sure there will be some fireworks this weekend from it!

ekraft84 likes this.