1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C8 Corvette Reveal

Discussion in 'General' started by ryoung57, Jul 18, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

So y'all saw the crashed C8? Woopsie.

2. SVbadguy

SVbadguy I survived the Mt Course

3. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Had to get the first one out of the way. :crackup:

4. Yep. At least it wasn’t a pace car :)

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

ducnut likes this.
  6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Corvette has had specialized techs and tooling as long as I can remember. My cousin was one of the top Corvette techs in the nation and won the yearly tech competition several times. He kept the last Vette he won before he moved on to management then retirement. The guy he trained went on to win.

TurboBlew, ducnut, 418 and 1 other person like this.
  7. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

Leave it to California (Californians) to EFF something up

8. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

No different than being in the motorcycle business and having specialty tools hanging on the shop walls. We had one ~4’X8’ Honda section they forced on us that was ~$25K. Unbelievable how little, for so much.

And, we had techs certified on different brands/models, so we could sell them.

BigBird and 418 like this.
  9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

That's somewhat misleading. A dealer already set up for C7's only needs a few thousand dollar's investment. That $60k number is if one who's never sold the car wants to start.

BigBird and ducnut like this.
  10. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

My local Chevy dealer has a certified 'Vette tech. He seems to actually be a tech vs a parts swapper.

11. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

It’s a shame that’s what dealer service departments have become. Not to mention, the fabrication of issues that don’t exist and charging for things not actually done.

12. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Service is the only place most dealers make any money

BigBird likes this.
  13. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

Yep, second only to the finance office.

Everybody thinks the salesman is the crook because the really nice finance guy got them window etching, a warranty, wheel protection, gap insurance, paint and fabric protection and on and on all for only $10 more a month than the salesman quoted...if they only knew the finance guy didn’t even lube it up.

14. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Same in the motorcycle industry, too.

15. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

ducnut likes this.
  16. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

I think it's unbelievable you can get that much car, brand new, for less than $80k.

TurboBlew and Steeltoe like this.
  17. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I think they did a fantastic job just based upon spec sheets and the press releases so far.

18. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I’m not sure I’d add much to the base-level car. The packages force too much bullshit onto the buyer. If I could afford one, I’d just want something nice to drive and that looks good.

I have a feeling, next year’s pricing is going to be substantially more.

19. kman0066

kman0066 Well-Known Member

The 2LT package adds a lot of nice daily-driver stuff. Looking at my wish list, I end up at $73k for how I want it. (2LT, Z51, Premium paint). Now if I can just finish closing on my house, I can get my order in.

ducnut likes this.
  20. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Like you say, it's all the other unwanted crap that goes with a single, wanted upgrade...
    Plenty of times I've killed a car/truck deal cuz they couldn't/wouldn't budge on shit for which I had zero use or desire. Special ordering doesn't necessarily negate the issue.

ducnut likes this.