1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C8 Corvette Reveal

Discussion in 'General' started by ryoung57, Jul 18, 2019.

Tags:
  1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Damn.... I would, but I really need to sharpen my lawnmower blade...

motoboy likes this.
  3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I have no desire to watch it, but I'll google images once it's done. Based on the spy photos I expect to be let down. Based on the proportions of the camouflaged test mules, I think it'll look like a really boring version of an F-360/430.

notbostrom and Phl218 like this.
  4. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

Doesn't start till 11 pm eastern time. I'll just get on the internet tomorrow morning. I have to work in the morning so I have no desire to stay up late tonight just for that.

5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I forgot lol. I'll wait for the flood of embargoed youtube videos to finally be uploaded. Should be plenty to choose from tomorrow.

It's not relevant until Shmee rubs his pee pee all over it and Chris Harris takes the wheel. Same time or different times.

6. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

The gold chain crowd is already flipping out, so this should be good.

sharkattack and Phl218 like this.
  7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I don't see how this car is even still relevant for those old geezers. Base is supposed to be 500hp now. How are they not killing themselves off in droves? :D

rd400racer likes this.
  8. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Only get into 3rd gear going to the early bird special at IHOP

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I think I still have the C&D issue from the 70s with the pending mid-engined vette.

10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I worry that it will be ugly as sin.....but I know those boys in Bowling Green had a target in mind, so I'll be curious to see what kind of performance this car puts out on the track. From what I remember reading they were saying this last gen ZR1 was nearly undriveable....way too much HP/torque for the current chassis to effectively put to the ground.

11. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

The Ferrari 360 Modena, in my unwanted and irrelevant opinion, is one of, if not THE most beautiful cars ever made.

12. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

My buddy has one (with headers and a tune as well) and that's not the case. It's a fantastic car. He has the manual transmission.

XFBO and G 97 like this.
  13. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I mean I think the car looks badass to be sure (alot better than the test mule C8's facade), but yeah it's not exactly as though I've been behind the wheel of one personally, just from reviews and stuff.

[​IMG]

14. G 97

G 97 Garth

I would double check your source. The active magnetic ride control is amazing. I think Cadillac/GM license it to Ferrari or did at one time. It’s just that good.

15. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I dunno....maybe it wasn't that the car was undriveable, maybe it was something more along the lines of the car had reached its development limits in its current configuration (kind of like the realization Ducati had with its V-twin in SBK) and at 755hp in the 2019 ZR1 they couldn't make it any better just throwing more HP at it.

G 97 likes this.
  16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I think so too. Somehow they just keep finding a way to make that car more and more beautiful with each iteration. I remember when the 355 came out, thinking that cars don’t get any more beautiful, then the 360, then the 430, and so on. They’re amazing.

17. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Yup. They’ve been talking about it forever, but it’s finally here.

18. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

This buddy has the 750hp version and takes it to the track with twisty turns?

19. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Who is the Corvette buying demographic these days? Affluent senior citizen that doesn't know much about cars?

lazlo likes this.
  20. G 97

G 97 Garth

Ferrari can only dream of making a $175,000 car with the performance the Corvette has.

tony 340 likes this.