1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C8 Corvette Reveal

Discussion in 'General' started by ryoung57, Jul 18, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

:stupid:

2. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

I can't wait to see the lap times a $64,995 Z51 puts down.

3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I can't wait to see if the car is faster than its depreciation rate.

4. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Can’t be any worse than flagship German sedans.

5. Venom51

Yes..yes it can. It's a high bar to hit but it can be done. But there is always a McLaren sitting around to make it look good. :D

ducnut likes this.
  6. G 97

G 97 Garth

For sure of course it will depreciate but it really isn't that critical if you intend to keep it for longer then ten years or so or whatever the time frame is. But too your point looking forward to the used market in the next year or two with these.

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

TurboBlew, ducnut and scottn like this.
  8. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Napkins please.

TurboBlew, BigBird and ChemGuy like this.
  9. Venom51

You can go ahead and start counting the days to the death of the V8 in it then. If they are going to go ahead and make it sound like a V6 then there is no point in it not being a V6. Especially since twin snails are part of the plan. Prepare for the "smaller packaging needed for cooling" reasoning to come along as well.

The Corvette without the Corvette noise at the track. There goes the one thing that car had going...that deep rumble from it was part of the what made it an awesome race car.

10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Ferraris don't have V6's (well there was one once I think).

V8's and even V6's are a dying breed. Look at how many large cars like Accords, various Cadillacs, Audis, etc that used to have standard V6's with V8's as an option are now running turbo I4's.

11. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I6 Turbo for the win.

12. Is it just me or has the new Supra hype really fizzled out fast?

ducnut and renegade17 like this.
  13. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

No surprise. Rarely does anything they “bring back” live up to the original.

It does have some serious potential though. On YouTube there is a tuner guy who completely dismantles a motor from one and points out everywhere he thinks it can be improved. He seems to think it’s good for at least 1000 hp without too much internal work.

The Styling just isn’t for me though.

ducnut likes this.
  14. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Meh. BMW with toyota badges. Not a Supra.

Thanks globalization....

15. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

umm...what?

16. Pretty sure I saw that video, YouTube keeps you sane while traveling as much as I do.

17. Flat plane v8’s sound pretty damn good to me.

Shocker, XFBO, BigBird and 2 others like this.
  18. Look at a few year old AMG, holy shit they drop in price fast. That being said so does the Audi Q7 we bought last year for the wife.

19. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

BigBird and ducnut like this.
  20. BigBird

BigBird blah

Cadillac already has a Twin Turbo V8, but Chevy is technically not allowed to use it. They'll modify it enough so that it's not identical, but for this gen the V8 will live on. Next gen probably have hybrid tech anyway

Sent from my smatrfone