1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Butter in your coffee?

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Nov 29, 2016.

1. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Some of these heathens probably put mix in good whiskey too...:D

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's just wrong and I'm not a whiskey drinker. Although - if you're going to mix you may as well use good rather than shit whiskey. Granted if I mix vodka it's usually with soda and a lime, or sugar free red bull - and yes even with that Stoli tastes better :D

3. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

This thread needs Broome.

4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

My buddy Pat O'Kelly said his dad had coffee w whiskey every morning. He'd start off with a cup o coffee and add whiskey. When it was half empty he'd add more whiskey to fill it. He'd do that until it was just whiskey. Luck o the Irish.

5. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I'll tell ya, normally I drink it black, but there are mornings, when I have to add Baily's and Khalua so I don't stab someone in the neck with a chisel.

Light roast, cheap shit for me tho. I drink it for the effect. Not the flavor.

joec likes this.
  6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Here's a twist for you guys that drink it for the kick.

Did you know that the really strong tasting, dark roasts actually contain less caffiene? It gets burned off during the roast. Lighter coffees actually have more kick.

backcountryme likes this.
  7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Debunked? Ehhh I think it probably all depends on whose funding that particular research. I've read some things that said dietary cholesterol intake has less of an effect on heart disease than once thought, but most all of what I've read still categorizes saturated fat (which is mostly what butter is and almost entirely what coconut oil is) is not particularly good for you.

When it comes to fats there are healthy options (poly- and mono- unsaturated ones) and same when it comes to carbs, there's heavily processed shit and there's healthy complex carbs.

Honestly there's a few quacks that come out with very questionable "studies" saying that saturated fat and cholesterol are "good" for you, or at least not that bad for you.....I don't buy it. The real experts in the field have not really changed their tune on it very much in the past 1/2 century.

http://www.acc.org/about-acc/press-...igh-quality-carbs-lower-risk-of-heart-disease
    http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Healt...ated-Fats_UCM_463756_Article.jsp#.WD5H7XeZP-Y

8. joec

joec brace yourself

I prefer a turning gouge. I like the additional leverage. You're obviously more the up closer and personal type.

9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

All of the studies are questionable, especially when they're funded by entities that have a financial interest in the results (big pharma). Remember, "there's no money in the cure".

daveknievel likes this.
  10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Pretty much, but I think it's more or less universally accepted that generally healthy eating habits tend to be lower in fat and refined carbs/sugars and higher in leaner proteins, vegetables/fruits and complex carbs/fiber. There's most certainly a meat and dairy lobby. Not much of a broccoli and spinach lobby last I checked.....closest you'll find to that is the corn lobbyists that are mostly only interested in that for corn's use in feeding the damn meat before its slaughtered and ethanol production.

Its not really rocket science to put the right gas in your tank....I think its more about people trying to rationalize things with pseudo-science.

11. flygirl

flygirl Well-Known Member

Yup coffee with coconut oil for me. I skip the butter

12. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Tim Horton's double double. End of discussion.

13. flygirl

flygirl Well-Known Member

Reminds me of New York

14. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

A bunch of cream and a couple tablespoons of sugar for me, sometimes a little mct oil. I can't believe people drink that shit black, so nasty.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You need better coffee :D

16. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Maxwell House master blend.

This....thread... is......OVAH!

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

For a good cheap coffee - Eight O'Clock oddly enough. Bustelo is good too.

18. Bourbon is better...

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not a fan. Probably goes back to a high school age evening but it used to be bad enough even the smell made me gag (and oddly I didn't get sick that high school evening).

20. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Yep. Known it for years.