1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Butter in your coffee?

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Nov 29, 2016.

1. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

My daughter worked at Starbucks for a while. I always had bags of free beans around. I miss that job.

2. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Number one contributor to HD, my ass. Eat all the sat and unsat fats that fit into a reasonable diet and skip the carbs.

3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Negative.

The number one cause of heart disease is atherosclerosis. Which is primarily caused by saturated fats and cholesterol in the blood, high blood pressure, smoking and also not necessarily carb intake but moreso how your body handles those carbs.....i.e. if you are insulin resistant and/or diabetic to start with and your body is not processing said carbs properly....not simply the act of eating carbs.

And the keto diet you are suggesting is not sustainable for the long term. Short term sure I've seen it work great for quite a few people who were in bad shape and needed to dump fat in a hurry. And the drop in cholesterol is generally the result of weight loss that's taking place, but again once that has occurred its not a sustainable diet for the rest of your life. I've never seen a person of reasonably healthy bodyweight but poor blood lipids employ a ketogenic diet to drop their heart disease risk.

http://nutritionfacts.org/2015/05/19/low-carb-diets-and-coronary-blood-flow/

Also, whether or not you want to believe anything that I said up there, this isn't exactly a shining review for a low-carb/high fat and protein diet :(

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23372809

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Freaky how a balanced diet seems to be the best bet :crackup:

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

and the leading cause of lead poisoning is preachy mother f@ckers telling me what I should be doing. Blam! Blam Blam! "and one for your suggestion that I drink wheatgrass!" Blam!

6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I know, right?

7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

The diet experts always seem to miss the fact there are populations on Earth who exist almost totally on carbs. And other populations who live almost totally on protein. None of which is substantially healthier or short lived vs the others.

crashman likes this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I like how just since this thread got posted I had to nuke a couple of people on facegores for posting pix of their coffee with butter in it - both of them along with multiple hashtags to show how cool they are for knowing the lingo. I'm guessing this is the winter version of essential oils curing everything.

crashman likes this.
  9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Mmm, carbs WITH protein, I think that's what I'll have for lunch. Spicy chicken alfredo with pasta. Git in ma' belly!

10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Haha! I had no idea this would be a contentious topic lol.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No contention on my part, I'm always nuking people for posting stupid stuff like whichever hippie bandwagon they're jumping on :D

Steeltoe likes this.
  12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Just in time for when #Pumpkinspicederrrythang starts tapering off I'd imagine.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep! I'm okay with punkin spice lattes or other hot chocolate drinks. Beer tho, buh bye :D