1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big gun, little hands

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by jimraynor21, Feb 19, 2014.

1. jimraynor21

jimraynor21 Well-Known Member

2. desmo2

desmo2 Well-Known Member

What happens when the department fails to protect these petite little ladies from the over sized shithead who wants to wrastle while intoxicated at 0300? Another payout?

If these girls are that small, they probably shouldn't be in law enforcement unless they are ferocious tigers (and I have seen several who do the job just fine). A ferocious tiger, however, would never complain that her 9mm is too big.

3. aedwards01

aedwards01 Well-Known Member

A female deputy here has the same issue but she makes it work and can qualify. I dont see the issue though with issuing the female officers with smaller hands a different gun. Shouldnt have to come to a lawsuit for the officers to feel comfortable with their weapon.

4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

This.

Effective use of a weapon requires you to have complete control oer it. Departmental weapons standardizations prevent an officer from using the weapon that best suits his physiology.

Moar stoopids from the guvvamint. Whodathunk?

5. pefrey

pefrey Well-Known Member

Standards are made for a reason. If you can't meet the standard, you don't get the job.

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

They make allowances for a range of intelligence, why not hands?

Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
  7. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Life isn't a one-size-fits-all game. Would you feel the same if Mongo made everyone grid up wearing an XS Shoei? :Poke:

8. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Another win for diversity and inclusion...:rolleyes:

What a couple of snivelling whiney cunts.

9. pefrey

pefrey Well-Known Member

If Mongo puts it in the rule book that everyone must wear an XS Shoei, then yes. In that case I'll go race CCS, or do trackdays, or knit, whatever does not require me to wear an XS Shoei.

10. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Exactly, if she can't use the tools, maybe she shouldn't have the job. What next, woman sues the NFL because she can't play pro football cause she's too small. Fricken stupid and no way she should have won the case. She should have been fired.

11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Srsly? :rolleyes:

This isn't a case of some twat afraid to pull the trigger, this is a departmental edict demanding she use a specific tool that is physically larger than she is able to safely use, and denying her to use a tool of similar function and effect that isn't a safety risk for everyone around her.

Zero tolerance idiotic bullshit. Hell, most aftermarket grips make a double-stack unwieldy for me to manage single-handedly. :down:

12. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Ifshe can't use the tools fire her. So I suppose you'd be for making a "special" gun for everybody in the department? Hey, this one kicks too much, I need a smaller caliber....:rolleyes:

13. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I just wonder what the idiot that hired the circus midgets to be part of an armed response team at a nuclear facility was thinking. Their guns were too big, their protective gear was too big and the barricade they had to shoot over was too tall. Sounds like they were unqualified for the position.
    So whenever I am not qualified to do something that I would like to do should I scream discrimination? Honda is discriminating against me because they won't hire me for MotoGP!!!! Bastards!!!

14. whitarnold

whitarnold Bike #137

Well I have big giant hands and the GLOCK 17 is to small for my big giant hands, so I need something like this:

Attached Files:

15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Yeah, that's what I said. :FL:

Maybe we can just outfit the women with slingshots and poison dart blow guns. Any of the men who aren't Sheik size can downgrade, too.

16. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Guess it's not true what they say about big hands. :D

17. kangasj

kangasj Banned

They were probably just lousy shots and were using the guns as an excuse. couldn't reach the trigger? Please...

18. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Yeah, that's why Sarah couldn't shoot my P226 for shit, but can split a gnat's ass in two with her P225. :rolleyes:

19. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Well maybe Sarah shouldn't apply for a job where shooting a Glock 17 is a requirement....:rolleyes: back at ya. You should apply for a job field testing tampons then sue for discrimation when they don't like the way you test them in your ass.....

20. DuncR6

DuncR6 BCICAN