1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

best lookin Buell yet

Discussion in 'General' started by benny6d9, Feb 17, 2011.

1. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

So, what is the Buell dealer network, or will they just sell them from the factory? That would make it much easier to get the 12 available so the 1190 can be raced.

Ken

2. mikendzel

mikendzel Anonymous

Damn right! I felt super bad for Erik when the Harley deal went down, but he seems to be prospering even more now!

Kick some ass Erik!!!

3. Chip

Chip Registered

I saw it today.....and I was very impressed....and I don't impress easily. It has potential to be a very nice bike.

4. Yamaha85

Yamaha85 Old Guy

yeah....

Yeah - that is a company I would work for/with.

Not to mention Erik Buell has more moral fiber in his stool than the entire executive staff at HD has in their collective.

consider me "In"

5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

That's probably what they're working on at the dealer show

6. Paint Shaker

Paint Shaker Tractor Motor Racer

One could be pissed at HD, or one could be quietly saying thank you HD for helping keep Buell afloat back in the day. Further, not saying how HD killed Buell was right, but one can also quietly say thanks for unleasing Mr Buell to do what needs to be done!! :beer:

AND WOW!!! Did it get done!!!

7. benny6d9

benny6d9 Well-Known Member

anyone at Indy get any pics?

8. scotth

scotth Banned

That's pretty sexy. Will there be a non-limited-edition version?

9. DSMcG

DSMcG Active Member

Word is it is beautiful. Function now has impressive form. Says much about Erik's dedicated and talented staff.

I look forward to seeing their hard work in the flesh.

DSMcG

10. redBuell1125

redBuell1125 Member

wow, great to hear such positive vibes from the racing community about the new EBR 1190RS. I've been preaching the bike to everyone who would listen in the paddock, but i rarely got a positive response.
    I've been saying it for such a long time- we are a world superpower but have no kick ass superbike? ridiculous....now we do.
    Seeing how well Geoff did with the 1125rr makes me think he will deliver the goods with a lighter, more refined, much more powerful bike....then everyone will want one. I hope.
    Congrats EBR and #99...here we go.

11. benny6d9

i want one based solely on looks....

12. RC-Five1

RC-Five1 Active Member

This thread got my heart beating with excitement for this racing season.

Thank you Erik!

I think the HD outing may have been a blessing in disguise Sir, now it's time to shut the naysayers up at the track.

Good luck to EBR and his pilot, Geoff May!

13. bad67deuce

bad67deuce Well-Known Member

I've read articles where EB says he was always having to water down his bikes to get HD approval. He wanted to build a bike like this many years ago but was restricted by management. This bike could have been built when he was still employed by HD.

14. Paint Shaker

Paint Shaker Tractor Motor Racer

True enough Harley did have him restrained. But they did help him in other ways.

The idea of the 1125 reaches back to the late 80s.

Imagine if harley would have listened to him during the development of VR1000...

#710 New Member

How about these?

Attached Files:

#710 New Member

And these....

Attached Files:

17. Erz

Erz Well-Known Member

#710 :bow:

18. Kelbor

Kelbor Well-Known Member

wha? No Traction Control? How are people gonna ride it? What do you do when coming out of a turn with WOT and the back end come out?:)

19. benny6d9

absolutely gorgeous!!!!

20. BigHeadzDC

BigHeadzDC One Track Wonder

That thing looks as mean as my wife 2 days before Aunt Flo arrives!