1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

best lookin Buell yet

Discussion in 'General' started by benny6d9, Feb 17, 2011.

1. grantcarruthers

grantcarruthers Well-Known Member

Rock it Geoff, good luck!!

Can't wait for Daytona now, something to really look forward to. You are running the full AMA season right?

:rock::up::bow:

2. CW AF 03

CW AF 03 Aspiring has-been

I would definitely buy an 1190. I'm already a fan of twins and the fact that it's designed and produced in America in the icing on the cake! It's about time for the US to show the world that we can do better than POS overpriced crusiers and "choppers"...

3. benny6d9

benny6d9 Well-Known Member

hell yes!!

4. Hordboy

Hordboy B Squad Leader

Me so horny! I have admittedly been critical of Buells in the past, but to this I have to say well done. It's beautiful. When I saw the pics it reminded me of when I first saw a 916. Yes, you can have form and function in complete harmony.

5. DuckHunt

DuckHunt Active Member

+1

Awesome to see things are still moving for Buell! Keep up the good work; I can't wait for Daytona!

6. Coopster

Coopster Well-Known Member

7. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

I thought Harley ended up owning all the "We own the patents, you own the road" stuff from the Buell ads of yesteryear. It seemed to me that one of those was the way the front brake rotor was mounted to the rim rather than the hub of the wheel.

8. Erz

Erz Well-Known Member

:stupid:

9. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

I have the name for it: Phoenix, as EBR has risen from the ashes.... :bow:

After watching the vid of Eric after HD closed him down, I can only imagine the pride he feels now..... :clap: :beer:

10. Paint Shaker

Paint Shaker Tractor Motor Racer

First, CONGRATULATIONS to Erik Buell on offering up a KICK AZZ AMERICAN V-twin!!! Looks like he came out of the corner swinging!

Go ErikBuellRacing!!!

MY opinion; I am not a fan of the stacked headlight look or the high tail pipe, though I understand WHY he did it. I would probably never ride one on the street, but I sure wouldn't mind piloting it around a track!

11. Erz

Erz Well-Known Member

I love everything about the bike but the wheels. The high tail pipe I can live.

12. speeddemon828

speeddemon828 casual user

Where do I sign up to become a dealer?

Very nice job EBR!

13. Razorboy

Razorboy ZAG Racing LLC

What is that old saying "when one door closes, another one opens"?

After all the heartache of dealing with HD only to get tossed out on his ear, look what happens now. Erik is finally getting to present himself the way he surely always intended. The 1190 is badass anyway you look at it and if I was impartial to Buells in the past, I am certainly not now!

EBR has a winner in the looks department IMO and if it performs to spec, it could truly launch EBR through this decade as a world contender.

Can't wait to see this go up against the newer bikes out there like the BMW and new Kawasaki with their 180+ HP numbers.

Hope he keeps the twin pipes, harkens back to the 2-stroke era which I think is a cool touch!

BIG HUGE congrats to EBR!
    Wish I was at the show in Indy

14. triplestack3

triplestack3 Early Retirement

that bike freakin cool looking. i would rock it in a heartbeat

15. BigBird

BigBird blah

:stupid:

16. Daekwan

Daekwan Ant Gobert's fav. rider..

17. stow

stow Well-Known Member

WOW! That is not only the best looking Buell ever, but one of the best looking bikes ever. Congratulations to Erik and his team. You guys did an amazing job. I can't wait until these hit the showrooms.

Geoff, good luck this year. I sure hope you get to line up on the grid with the 1190RR.

18. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Erik, congratulations. You are doing what we all knew, and prayed, you could do.

Geof, you were one of the most personable riders I met at Barber last year. And spending two days up on the hill with your dad was truly a treat.

Congratulations to both of you... now go kick some butt!

Last edited: Feb 18, 2011
  19. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I'm impressed. That's the first American made bike to ever catch my eye. I hope there is a resonably priced one in the pipeline for the masses. :up:

20. bad67deuce

bad67deuce Well-Known Member

Awesome bike.
    Just makes me even madder at HD.
    What a bunch of F'n A-holes, they had a brilliant man with an extraordinary concept, and shit all over him and his vision.
    I hope they see the day when EBR is a bigger grossing company then they are.
    Godd luck Geoff, and Erik. :rock: