1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BeaveRun roll call

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave_SV, Jun 6, 2011.

1. exracer941

exracer941 Well-Known Member

Check out my youtube page ( exracer941 ). I have a few vids on there that I think are pretty decent. Enjoy the viewing. :beer:

2. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

Cool dude thanks for the tip :up:

3. bne5004

bne5004 pens fan

ill be making the 45min hike.

4. foster

foster Well-Known Member

Dave, I heard you're pitting with us. I'll be sure to help you out learning the track but this will get you started.

You need to go reeeaaly slow through turn 1, like first gear. MAYBE shift into second for 2,3, 4 but back down to first for 5. Then brake heavily going down the hill, you don't want to go to fast down the back stretch if you're in 3rd gear that's too fast, slow down. That's all for now I don't want to overwhelm you. I'll tell you about the wicked left handed turn 10 later.

5. Dave_SV

Ah shit now that's funny :crackup:

I'm sure we can reach some kind of understanding as long as you don't steal all the crab cakes Jeremy is bringing :D

6. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

^ YOU'RE one of the clowns pitting with Ben? This weekend just got more interesting :D

7. Dave_SV

Yeah it's going to be on, the only question is who is going to pass out and sleep past the first round of practice :beer:

8. Frenchier6

Frenchier6 I'm just being me

I get to finally see you again Lance? :wow: LOL

See you soon dude.

V~

9. jsmalnar

jsmalnar III_I

That'll be Ben, aka B Diddy, if he gets past beer #3. :D

10. Randal03r1

Randal03r1 Well-Known Member

I'm in. First race, first weekend with Wera.

11. IWANNAGOFAST15

IWANNAGOFAST15 #NEVERFORGET

That was prolly the funnest race by far yet! I wont be there to battle this 1 out with you fellows representin the yellow plates, but I hope everybody the best and when that checkered flag is out dont be lookin back at what you shoulda done, leave it on the track and go for it!! Good luck boys and girls :up:

12. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

What the best hotel/motel price-wise and distance-wise to the track? I've always brought the full rig out there and camped at the track, but this time around I might just throw the bike in the pickup and head out.

13. Dave_SV

Damn dude you will be missed, was looking forward to dicing it up with you out there.

14. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Chris,
    Do NOT stay at the two motels at the bottom of the hill. The only option is the Holiday inn or might be something just under the turnpike.
    True story:
    Two years ago I did a motoseries endurance race on Sat at Nelson left there late to go to a trackday Sunday at Beaverun. It got late so I figured since it was just me and Tia (my ferocious Pit-Bull-actually Staffordshire Terrier) we would stay at one of those motels. Checked in, brushed my teeth and crawled into bed. Tia always sleeps with a person given the opportunity. She jumped in the bed sniffed around for awhile and got back down on the floor! I tried to get her to stay there but she wouldn't.
    I ended up with the worst case of pink eye ever. Lesson learned-if the dog won't sleep in the bed u shouldn't either. LoL. Yep I am dumber than my own dog!

Also the room was just run down was all types of mismatched furniture that smelled like smoke and looked to be at least 30 years old. The mattress felt like a box spring.
    From talking to other people the other one is the same i think they are called the Noce Motel and damn i cant remember the other ...Lark Motel!
    So even if the pink eye wasn't from the room DONT stay there...

Ride safe,
    AAron

Last edited: Jun 14, 2011
  15. foster

foster Well-Known Member

Yes indeed, it should be a good time in the paddock!

Well you see gents I have a hard enough time finishing (or starting) races when I'm NOT hungover. And I seem to remember a certain someone sleeping through both practices Sunday at Summit after requesting a wake up call...cough....Malnar...:D. Oh and its The B Diddy.

16. simonburic

simonburic Runs Wide

The Holiday Inn is pretty expensive, my friend argued with them until them made with a priority member for free, which dropped the cost by a good bit. They had clean rooms with comfortable beds and AC that worked.

17. foster

foster Well-Known Member

:stupid: I've heard awful things about the Alpine and Lark Inns. Plus then you'd miss out on the techno music. Actually they aren't that far away, you'll still hear it :moon:...unce, unce, unce....

18. exracer941

exracer941 Well-Known Member

Before I got the toy hauler, stayed at the Holiday Inn a couple times. A bit pricey yes, but clean and cold AC.

19. IWANNAGOFAST15

IWANNAGOFAST15 #NEVERFORGET

Yea you have no idea how bummed I am about this. I was trying to run 6 classes and the full NC schedule but I guess maybe next year. You guys and gals need to update sunday night and let me know how the turnout and racing was!! :beer:

20. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Thanks guys - Holiday Inn it is.