1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BeaveRun roll call

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave_SV, Jun 6, 2011.

1. RollieManollie

RollieManollie I Need to Get My Beak Wet

Chris and Aaron, remind me next time about my story staying at one of those places, I think it was the Lark Motel....priceless I tell ya. I guess that's what you get for $40.00 a night!:D

2. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Speaking of, what is BeaveRun charging for camping this year?

3. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

We were talking about doing both rounds, which would have meant another 2 weeks on the road for me- I just got back from wisconsin, yesterday & I haven't even unpacked my bags yet.
    We're just doing the Beaver Round, afaik.

yep! it's been too long!

so lemme get this straight: there's not going to be a practice on Friday, correct?

4. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

In leaving chicagoland Friday morning
    I may even break out the 6r for the middle weight solo and give the slow guys some passing practice.:(

5. Czar

Czar Well-Known Member

Camping should be $25.00 - the track called today and they can't get us as many corner workers as we requested - if any of you have friends who would like a ring side seat - and $75.00 a day - let them know to report to Heidi or Jim and they will put them on a corner for the weekend.....thanks! Better yet, no crashing allowed this weekend - OK??? I hope all who go have a great time and a Happy Father's Day to those who are Dads. Thanks for supporting WERA!

6. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

I've had good service/rooms at Super8. They now have one in Beaver Falls. Super8 usually offer free continental breakfast.

Just tell them you have AAA and they give you another 10% off.

I've also stayed at the Beaver Valley Motel and had a decent room at a fair price.

I think the Beaver Valley Holiday Inn is a huge ripoff. Absolutely the worst restaurant experiences (I actually repeated to make sure) I have ever had. Room was overpriced, and they tacked on about $25 for movies that we never ordered or watched. In fact at the time they said we ordered the movies, we had not even checked in yet. They still charged them on my credit card and eventually won the credit card dispute. Goodbye, Holiday Inn, goodbye American Express.

7. xn85turbo

xn85turbo Well-Known Member

I'm here huckleberry, look forward to keeping you honest in the championship this weekend ;).

8. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

:crackup:

Nice to hear you got things squared away for the weekend, you ever been on this course before?

9. User_Name

User_Name PASSWORD

I stayed at the Holiday Inn over the weekend. It is overpriced. You can talk them down some. The rooms are old, but the beds and pillows were amazing.

I had two major disappointments over the weekend.

1. The receptionist told me that breakfast started at 6 but when I went to breakfast at 6 they said it didn't start till 7. I was pissed because there is pretty much nowhere to eat around there. Ended up with a doughnut from a gas station for breakfast.

2. Beaverun is the bumpiest track I have ever been on.

I will be back on Sunday for some racing!

10. foster

foster Well-Known Member

It definitely feels like it's getting worse. But you've obviously never ridden Nelson Ledges.

11. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

:beer: Beaver is smooth as hell in comparison

12. exracer941

exracer941 Well-Known Member

Those tiny little ripples after the first kink.? :crackup:

Those are nothing ...... compared to Nelson.

13. Racer45

I don't even consider those bumps :D

14. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Last weekend I was at BeaveRun and the bumps have gotten worse. The back section you guys are talking about is "bumpier" than years past. It is hard to stay on the gas this year if you get out in that mess.

There is also a big bump going into T1. You can actually see it. It covers the entire track. It causes a little more than the "wheel hop" we always got entering T1...
    Also exiting T10 and breaking back left people call it T11 or Turn 10A there is a large bump. It can be avoided but if you hit it you will feel it in your kidneys...

Also:
    JB-Thanks for the offer on the shock spring. Got one yesterday...

Ride safe,
    AAron

15. xn85turbo

xn85turbo Well-Known Member

Yeah but I doubt I will be there Saturday to ride as I will be taking my son tubing (if the weather holds out, we got rained out last weekend after purchasing our tickets at River Riders in Harpers Ferry WV).

Yes I have seat time there but it has been a few years since I have rode that track and based off AAron's experience this past weekend it seems to have gotten a little rougher. It's a fast flowing track with nice elevation changes like VIR and Barber.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2011
  16. Racer45

see what it's like Saturday then. Hoping for sun for once

17. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I was there as well (actually pitted not too far down from you, Aaron - just didn't know it was you at the time), and I agree.

My butt hurt for a full day after riding. The bumps exiting 8 have always been there, but now they're pronounced enough that you can see them coming at 100+ mph. (insert your own joke about my butt hurting).

I don't know that the bigger bumps slowed me down, but only because I wasn't lapping that fast to begin with :D

18. K98TOOM

K98TOOM @theoldcorner

Could I do just Saturday?

19. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

Leaving the far west burbs of chicago now.
    See you there in a few (8 or so ) hours

20. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

I'm positive that some cornerworkers only work one day and I am sure they would be happy to have you.