Avengers: Infinity War

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Apr 30, 2018.

1. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

CannonBall Run was by far and away much better than any of the FaF movies. :D

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

NERDS!!!!
    Now we know where Dart has been. He's off catching it for the 12th time. :D

I liked Deadpool andthe Guardians of the Galaxy (a Marvel movie) but I HATE most of those stupid hero movies. They are usually CGI abortions or a reboot of a CGI abortion that was just released 5 years before. Meh!

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
  3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I don't understand the Revengers. Or Infinite Wards.

4. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I'm sure that was part of my problem. I'm not a Fast and Furious guy either. I think I've watched part of one, they are just too stupid and far-fetched for me. LOLOL

I did like Cannonball run.:D

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That movie played a pivotal role in my teenage years. For the next two decades, I believed that Lamborghini actually made good cars before Audi stepped in. :D

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup:

7. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

i don't hate all the others, but they're all just down the middle filler for me mostly besides those 2. i really enjoyed both of those a lot. all the other shit is getting tiring. X-men First Class i guess was also pretty rad. all the Hulks and X-mens and blah blah though all just kinda blend together.

8. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

As a a kid, youd go see an awesome scifi movie that exists in its own universe and your imagination goes rampant...what ELSE is there in that universe, what untold stories are there?

Star Wars and its entire universe filled that for me as a kid and i never got into marvel or DC comics at all. But i played all the SW games, read all the books etc. To me that immersion and awesome side stories within that universe are cool....and to then bring it all together. Whoo....thats next level for me. Marvel pulled that off...Yes, its an awesome way for them to make $$, and i'll admit i havent seen all the Marvel movies, but Infinity War brings it all together....its the reason why all 18 other movies exist. Their individual stories and how they became what they are, all led to this movie.

If you dont care about the back story, then this movie wont be any more or less special to you. Thanos is an awesome villain, because he is so multifaceted and 3 dimensional. At some points in the movie you not only feel sorry for him, but in some twisted way his reason for doing all this makes sense. Its eye opening if you apply his way of thinking to real world...and how good people can be sucked into doing horrible things.

I'm not gonna spoil it but for a comic book movie it does make you sit there and ponder things.

9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Is this an IMAX 3D kind of movie?

10. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Still mad about Hulk, eh? :crackup:

11. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Saw Deadpool for the first time last night, I liked it.
    Never cared for Godfather, never saw Chinawhatever.
    StarWars? Meh. Couldn't care less about a galaxy far, far away. :D

I've seen a few other of the first Marvel movies - couple Avengers, Wolverine, couple Thors, X-men, Fantastic Four - liked them fairly well, too. It's just entertainment that requires no brain power. Guys that wanna analyze every script, plot, timeline, whatever, turn in your mancards. Women do that shit, and only comic geeks would know anyway.

Some unsolicited advice...
    Never see an action/comedy/fantasy/adventure that does not have a main character that your women has a crush on...it will be ruined by her dissatisfaction at not understanding the story which will happen cuz she's lookin' for the hero. If she doesn't like the hero, she won't like the movie...and who fucking cares what the story is? Just beat the fuck outta more people and blow more shit up! :flag:

badmoon692008 likes this.
  12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

The Fantastic Four only had one movie, right? Did they bring them back for this one? Also, does the movie reconcile the kind of space travel happening in Guardians of the Galaxy with people still driving Audi R8s on earth in a way that doesn't make people scratch their heads?

Disclaimer: I'm a very, very casual fan of some of the movies. I fell asleep in the middle of the day during Captain America Civil War.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  13. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Hope you ain't askin' me...
    I left CA off the list out of sheer forgetfulness, as in Captain America is kinda forgettable. :D

14. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

I've never been into the whole 3D thing, but IMAX for sure.

I saw it in a standard theater, but may go back to appreciate it in IMAX.

15. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Deadpool was pretty good. So was the first Avengers movie. Most other superhero movies suck and their shit is beyond over played. The first Thor movie was the first I fell asleep on in a long time. Of, and the first Woverine movie sucked too. I didn't see Logan yet, I hear it's pretty good.

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Logan was my favorite of all that confusing X-Men shit.

ekraft84, bleacht and Ra.Ge. Raptor like this.
  17. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

OK, that's funny (and oh so true).

My wife met Chris Hemsworth when she was working on the set of the new Ghostbusters. Said he was the nicest guy ever. She had no issue going with me to see Rush:D

18. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

They’ve done 2 different F4 movies already with completely different casts.

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Hmm, I either did not know this, or completely forgot about it. Is either crew back for this movie?

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I actually read the comics way back in the stone age so some of it I understood but overall you have to ignore a lot and just watch the main storyline with that series for sure :D

I liked Logan the best of them too. But he was always y favorite character.