Avengers: Infinity War

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Apr 30, 2018.

1. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Next Ant-Man movie comes out in 2 months.

New trailer just dropped, and it looks fantastic. Much lighter fare that should help balance out the weightiness of Infinity War.

2. 3twins

3twins Well-Known Member

Even Better.

3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

So yeah...I guess I'd give it a thumbs up. A lot going on in this one.

4. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Not alone.....and I was a total marvel geek since around 4 years old,but there is ZERO desire to see any of these movies.....especially all the Captain America/Avengers/Ironman movies. Those were the comics that even the comic geeks looked at as geeky and lame.

Chris likes this.
  5. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

When 6 of the top 10 grossing movies of all time are Marvel movies, they can't all be geeky and lame, can they?

And speaking of geeky and lame, I saw several people dressed in Captain America costumes when I went. I questioned my own geeky and lameness right then and there. :D

6. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

So you are saying your costume was not as good as theirs? :D

ekraft84 and Funkm05 like this.
  7. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

My mask needed work ..

8. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

A bucket with a star drawn on the side is never enough for going to the actual movie. You’re competing against pros, especially on opening weekend.

9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Ant Man may have played a pivotal role in this movie rumors have been circulating. He was very noticeably not present in the movie or credits, but on the official movie poster some people noticed something odd on Thanos' Infinity Gauntlet. Ironically enough in the Time Stone position there was something that looks noticeably different than the remaining empty spots, and its not green in color like the stone should be.

Screen Shot 2018-05-02 at 9.49.59 AM.png

There's been some behind the scenes footage from the upcoming Avengers 4 movie showing Ant Man in some time traveling scenes (there's going to have to be some sort of time traveling taking place so they can undo what happened in Infinity War).

10. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Time travel for sure. Guessing Ant Man uses the Quantum Realm, picks up Stark from that planet - and they ultimately travel back to New York to do something, at the scene of the first Avengers movie. Maybe they go back and get the stones themselves. In the first Thor movie, there's a scene that briefly shows a second infinity gauntlet glove in a room.

Also - during the promos for Infinity War, there's a scene shown of several Avengers running towards the fight in Wakanda - with the Hulk in the group. He was never in Wakanda as the Hulk. My guess is that the time traveling does something, where Hulk is now "available" to fight. We'll see. I'm sucked in now, nerd style.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Saw it on the flight yesterday and like it too. Different rock guy.

12. 3twins

3twins Well-Known Member

I was wondering about Ant Man whereabouts in this movie. Maybe use the power of a stone to get Wasp back?

Regarding Hulk, I think there was a storyline in the comics where Banner had difficulty turning into the Hulk, but I wonder if in this movie Strange had put a spell on him.

13. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Hulktile Dysfunction? :D

14. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

I'm a nerd too with this. I liked the movie, but like some, felt it was all for naught knowing it's all getting reversed at some point.

Anyone that knows the comics knows that Fury's pager thingy was Cpt Marvel's symbol. As already said, Ant Man will obviously shrink himself to the quantum level and time travel, possibly with Marvel's help. We also know Stark has some kinda big role to play since Dr Strange specifically requested he live. Still an enjoyable movie, SOOOOOO much better than that tripe that was the last Star War's movie.

Oh and as far as depressing goes... The Road. I felt like utter crap after watching it. and didn't think it was a great movie either!

15. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I'm hoping they don't do this. I like movies where the bad guy wins.

I'm curious where in the time frame the new Ant Man movie takes place. Before, during or after Infinity War.

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I watched Ragnarok since my last post in this thread yesterday. It's a damn cartoon. :D I'm not saying it was all bad, but it's not a live-action movie.

By the way, when the Hulk learn to speak?

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think he spoke like that in the comics but it's been 35-40 years since I last read one.

18. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

The Hulk has a whole genesis. The thing that ticked me off was Thanos just whipping his butt. NO WAY would that have happened. The Hulk is, theoretically, the strongest being in the universe. The angrier he gets, the stronger he gets. He can become stronger than Superman. So I just found that scene to be laughable.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What is a Thanos anyway?

20. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

He's the main antagonist in the film

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanos

Agreed, but I don't think his character was ever meant to be portrayed for the full scope of his abilities in the MCU movies. I think his character was more focused on displaying the conflict between Banner/Hulk, and beyond that just being a prototypical brawling character, not so much the fact that Hulk could jump between planets and destroy asteroids twice the size of Earth among other feats of his powers etc etc.