1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Avengers: Infinity War

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Apr 30, 2018.

1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Anyone go see it yet?

From what my friends have been telling me it was really good. Might go squeeze in an early evening viewing some time this week.

2. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

It's so good. Non-stop intensity from beginning to end.

I never read comics growing up, but damn Marvel knows how to write a good story.

VFR#52 likes this.
  3. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I really enjoyed it.

Good blend of story telling, action and the occasional comic relief. If you have been a fan of the MCU, you're really going to like this.

4. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

I saw it with my boys. They know all of the back stories WAY better than I ever will, so I kind of went in just hoping to be entertained. I had a blast. Even without knowing all of the little story lines, I had a hell of a time. My favorite superhero movies of late are the "Guardians of the Galaxy" series. The killer soundtrack helps as well. Gotta love the 70's tunes.

Ra.Ge. Raptor likes this.
  5. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't understand the draw of these movies. DC, Marvel, etc.

mike574 and skidooboy like this.
  6. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Nope, I'm with you. Read an article just the other day about how movies such as Chinatown, The Godfather, etc would never be made today because no one would pay to see them.

Chris and skidooboy like this.
  7. 3twins

3twins Well-Known Member

Saw it. Thought it was badass. Loved it.

The story is a little different than how I remember it in the comic books, but that's to expected.

8. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I'm with you, but I never read those comics either?

Tyler and I watched Deadpool, whenever it came out. Part way through the movie I made a comment about something and he said, yea I'm ready to go too. I wasn't even suggesting walking out, but we were both on the same page and bailed.

Chris likes this.
  9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What's to understand? Action adventure good guys versus bad.

I think they're wrong, dramas get made and make money. Action flicks were popular when those came out too.

stk0308 and bleacht like this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Why do people think you have to have a clue about the comics to like the movies?

Lots of movies come from books the majority of the moviegoers never read.

11. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

I loved it. Thanos is the best comic- book villain so far, imo. Really, this is his story.

As for movies like Godfather and Chinatown not being made, that's bullshit. There have been great movies over the last few years: Sicario, Hell or High Water, Wind River, etc. Do you know how hard it is to make a movie as good as The Godfather and 2? So that is almost an unfair statement.

XFBO, Wingnut and ekraft84 like this.
  12. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I'm likely seeing it this week sometime. Been looking forward to it for a while.

13. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

It was fantastic.

As always seems to be the case, when you have a compelling villain these movies always seem to go from good to great, and Thanos is just that.

Moreover, I'm simply amazed at how they were able to take 10 years and 18 movies and bring them all together into something that actually makes sense, has a plot that moves forward without any clunkiness or bloat, has characters (both major and minor) that you care about, and keeps you fully engaged for nearly 3 hours.

LOTS or really great surprises, cameos (Dinklage!!), and the action was top notch......

REALLY excited for next year.

Wingnut likes this.
  14. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Deadpool doesn't really count ..

15. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

"Forget it Jake. It's Chinatown."

16. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

I like but not love most Superhero movies...except Deadpool loved that movie. We see almost all of them because my stepson loves them.

Make that Deadpool and Infinity War. Great movie. I might want to see it again because there are so many plot lines and spins.

17. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

In my case, I was guessing why they don't appeal to me, since comics didn't appeal to me either, while growing up. I agree many good movies come from books and 99% of the time the book is better.

Maybe not, I thought I heard at the time, that was supposed to be better than a lot of these comic book movies? I remember liking one of the original Batman's, and went with the kids to a Spiderman movie, but for some reason they just don't rock my world, so I haven't seen one in years.

Maybe I should try again?

18. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

There are action adventure good guys versus bad movies released all the time. None seem to get the hype/viewership that the comic based movies do. That's the part I don't understand.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And Deadpool was fantastic too - if you go into it with the right mindset. It's like going to see any of the Fast and Furious stuff and expecting Bullitt when the reality is you need to be expecting Cannonball Run :D

stk0308 and rd400racer like this.
  20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Geeks are in right now is part of it. I guess I just don't see a difference between them and the hype around Star Wars or any other popular franchises.