1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone doing the GLP1, semaglutide/tirzeptide, weight loss injections?

Discussion in 'General' started by ClemsonsR6, Jan 11, 2023.

1. Mick6R

Mick6R Well-Known Member

Similar here. 5'9", up to 240 ish a couple years ago. Started out pre-diabetic, then I guess my numbers crossed some threshold... Doc started me out on the Ozempic, was ok at first, but over about 3 month, I got to where I had no appetite and anytime I'd actually eat, I ended up with either diarrhea or puking. Told my doc I was done with that chit. Put me on the Mounjaro stuff and it's better for the most part. Down to 202 lbs, A1C down from 12.7 to 5.8. I inject on Sundays, don't have much of an appetite, along with some mild nausea, Monday-after lunch Wednesdays, then I have reasonable appetite rest of week. Only thing really changed in diet is portion size.

2. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Not "just" weight loss although it's usually correlated. People with type 2 may not be overweight, since some people just don't get fat, but the culprit in either case is typically sedentary lifestyle and overconsumption of food, especially sugar.

Type 1 is an autoimmune condition where the pancreas doesn't produce insulin. Type 2 is a disorder where the pancreas is producing insulin but the body for some reason isn't processing it so glucose levels get out of control. Most people can reverse type 2 with clean eating habits and exercise.

HPPT likes this.
  3. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Guys, PLEASE seek out some real expertise on this from someone other than a primary care physician. Most doctors are fucking morons when it comes to nutrition. It's almost criminal for them to be handing out advice.

Again, find a reputable naturopathic doctor. You'll have to pay them because they operate outside the insurance system but their job is to address the underlying causes, correct and verify with blood work. Life is short the way it is, don't help it along.

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

As I understand it, the "side effect" that these Ozempic-type drugs cause is appetite suppression, hence the weight loss because you simply don't have the appetite to consume the calories that are keeping the weight on.

Kind of like the old Kate Moss "cocaine & champagne" diet from the 80s and 90s :D

HPPT likes this.