1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone doing the GLP1, semaglutide/tirzeptide, weight loss injections?

Discussion in 'General' started by ClemsonsR6, Jan 11, 2023.

1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

The liver naturally produces way more cholesterol every day than a typical person consumes from their daily diet.

Specifically, the average adult liver produces about 1,000 mg of cholesterol per day and the average adult has about 35 grams of cholesterol all throughout their body. The average diet consists of around 200-300mg of cholesterol per day. Whole eggs are one of the higher cholesterol foods at about 150mg a piece.

Whatever cholesterol you don't eat your body will produce, whatever added you eat your body will produce less endogenously. High or low blood levels of cholesterol are determined alot more by your genetics than what is on your plate.

The foods to avoid are the highly processed ones. Trans fats, seed oils, highly processed carbs/sugars and the like.....things that cause increased inflammation. Ultimately that's the shit your circulatory system is going to take issue with.

BigBird, turner38 and brex like this.
  2. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

5.8’, 240 lbs, don’t know BMI but it’s classified as Obese.
    activity level varies from absolute lack of mobility some days to putting up buildings other days. I try to walk a bit on low activity days and do hit a high intensity cardio/lifting class once a week but work travel gets in the way.

3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Going along with this, and I neglected to mention earlier, heart disease results from atherosclerotic build-up that blocks your blood vessels leading to a heart attack. One of the big culprits of this is calcification and stiffening of your arteries. One of the few things that's been found to actual help with this is supplementation with a particular form of Vit K2. It helps to shuttle calcium from your blood back to places where it belongs, like your bones, rather than depositing in your arteries causing plaque accumulation.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC10255064/
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7238900/

I can't really see on a day to day basis what the insides of my arteries look like, but I can say since I started taking this stuff daily, something as simple as the normal plaque buildup I would see on my middle lower teeth between dentist visits has dropped to almost nil. Personally I'd advise adding to your daily supps. stack if you aren't taking already: https://jarrow.com/products/mk-7-90-mcg-softgels

4. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I hate when someone recommends a supplement and it actually seems like good advice. I already eat more pills a day than Amy Winehouse.

SuddenBraking and brex like this.
  5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I do too, but not a single one of them is made by a pharma company, that's how I see it at a win :D

brex likes this.
  6. Super Dave

Super Dave Exhausted and Abused

Nattokinase also at 10,800FU.

(I think the origin of some of the original ideas for that as a supplement come from the thought that something in the Asian diet might be why they have lower atherosclerosis. Natto seemed to be the food source that placed the boat in the water on some of that research.)

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9441630/

Rebel635 and Wingnut like this.
  7. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Yeah same here, unless you count peptides. I figure worst case I have expensive pee...

8. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Yup....fermented natto is one of the highest natural food sources of it I believe. Although its a bit of an acquired taste :D

9. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

actually, more quickly. from what i understand a large portion of the weight loss is muscle on semaglutide....less muscle on you, means less calories being burned - 24hr a day. trying to drop some weight? i would seriously reconsider this. is it better than being overweight and all the complications from it? sure...but it comes at price that may put you further behind than you think!
    better option - its not a secret, weight train, cardio, calorie deficit high protein...and time

10. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

My girl loves that stuff. My taste buds can lean to the exotic side but natto is a hard pass.

11. JCW

JCW Well-Known Member

This is the new wave of flexible dieting. Better than restricting certain macros which is unsustainable.

Dieting is all about caloric deficit but no one wants to hear that. They want to keto or intermittent fast which is just a novel way to put yourself in a caloric deficit.

Problem is that dieting is boring and eating is pleasurable. If your day sucks, you can stuff yourself and feel good for a while.

My wife was on the shot. Lost probably 30 pounds. Was definitely not as hungry but equally nauseated. Problem with that is the loss of muscle mass that goes along with significant prolonged caloric restriction.

Also, what's the endpoint??? She stopped it and has gained 90% back in a several months.

Better to learn to hate food.pick up some better habit like hookers and blow

gixer1100 likes this.
  12. JCW

JCW Well-Known Member

Btw, my wife's libido went to zero when she was losing so much weight on the shot... so that kinda sucked.

gixer1100 likes this.
  13. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Agree. I think the only way to enjoy Natto is to grow up eating it. Those F&^_)ers eat it for breakfast. Yuck.

At least they have the sense to recognize the superior way to cook bacon...the american way...fried and crispy. In case you didnt know your super lean, live to a million year old Japanese steam bacon. Its disgusting, visually, texturally and in taste. I would rather eat well prepared soy-turkey bacon than steamed real bacon. yeah, I know...but its that bad.

JBraun likes this.
  14. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

@Rebel635 I did well on the med's. I dropped down to around 235; at that point I inadvertently went off the med's and maintained for a while. Unfortunately, the weight came back as my lifestyle fell back into old habits. I recently, within the last 2 weeks, started back on the med's and can tell difference in just two weeks. like anything, the med's help, but without a lifestyle change, it's not permanent.

15. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Seems like a lot of people who do Omep/Sema thing have the same story. Rapid loss followed by gradual return of weight, and it always seems to center around habits. I'd love for one of you guys who struggles with maintaining weight to find a really good naturopathic doctor, get blood work done, and follow a protocol.

In my experience people have to get well the same way they got sick. Consistent bad habits made you fat, consistent good ones will make you well. That doesn't mean ignore scientific interventions, just to reframe the way you look at it. Peptides are great, but maybe trade the magic injections for something that improves your overall health with a focus on filling the gaps exposed by your blood work. My suspicion is that you'll feel so much better every day that you won't want to go back. The relapse issue should take care of itself.

Dan Dubeau likes this.
  16. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

I saw in one of your posts you went low carb diet while on ozempic. Did you continue eating that way and still gained the weight back or went back to old eating habits?

17. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

It was totally the old diet. Lots of bread and fast food....it's just so convenient for my job and schedule. And while the weight came back, it wasn't all the weight that came back. I started at 280 was down to 235 and had been back around 250 for a month or so before I started the med's again. Honestly....the only reason I went back to the meds was because it was in the fridge already. I just needed to start taking them. I probably could have dropped back down with diet change and stopping the bourbon drinking.

18. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Yes...this is what I tell people who tell me they are trying to "diet". I tell them that diets basically work for 2 scenarios: A bride who is trying to fit into her dress for 1 day or a bodybuilder who is trying to hit a peak level of conditioning for 1 day on stage. Once you stop the diet your body will return to the homeostasis that you create from your "normal" eating habits. If your "normal" is 1500-2000 calories of surplus over what your maintenance was at your "diet weight", then those pounds are going to magically reappear.

JBraun likes this.
  19. humblepie

humblepie Well-Known Member

Type 2 diabetic here. Have been on Ozempic for probably 4 months. Age 61, 5 foot 9. Was 153 pounds and am now 138 pounds, so have lost 10% of my body weight. I am absolutely not interested in losing weight, but have ZERO appetite. In addition, stomach pain and diarrhea. Really considering getting off the stuff, although my doctor says my "numbers are great."

Last edited: Mar 12, 2024
  20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Is weight loss on its own a treatment for diabetes, or does Ozempic fix something else and also cause people to lose weight as a side effect?