1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone doing the GLP1, semaglutide/tirzeptide, weight loss injections?

Discussion in 'General' started by ClemsonsR6, Jan 11, 2023.

1. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Can I make a suggestion? I think you'll like the results. Flip flop your lunch and dinner meals. Eat your biggest meal during the busiest part of your day when you are most active and burning the most calories. Then your light meal (protein bar) for dinner.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  2. I was gonna suggest the same thing. But opted not to because whatever he is doing is working, and didn’t want to rock the boat and perhaps throw him off his routine.

At the end of the day, what ultimately matters is the equation of calories in vs calories out in a 24hr period.

But I would prefer to take in more calories when I am busy and want the energy, and have less calories sitting on my stomach when I’m just sitting/laying around.

So yeah, if it was me I would do the opposite. Breakfast is always my biggest meal of the day.

Jim Moore and beac83 like this.
  3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Broome and not rocking the boat does not compute.

Gorilla George likes this.
  4. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I have not read this, but I wanted to add, I have not tried this weight loss option.

Gorilla George likes this.
  5. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Thanks man! I'm definitely working on it and that is where the tool of the semaglutide works best. We ate dinner with the neighbors tonight and I came home wanting something sweet. Mother-in-Law brought homemade choc. chip cookies over this week. Normally, I'd crush them all with some milk. I ate 1 and a half and I'm like....YUCK...that's it.

6. ClemsonsR6

I did consider that and discussed with the wife, but dinner time is solid family time for us and the family, so I didn't want to be odd and just eat a protein bar. Plus, it's hard for the wife to cook for essentially just her and the girls without me too. So....the HCP overseeing the injections basically said what GG said....I would potentially see some added benefit from switching but it is about total cal. intake. I have reduced my intake at dinner. Smaller portions except on protein, no seconds, etc.

Gorilla George and lopitt85 like this.
  7. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Shitting my brains out and barfing.

Sign me up.

Go Big Pharma!!!!

Last edited: Feb 3, 2023
    Wheel Bearing and Banditracer like this.
  8. Thanks for that valuable input. This thread is so much better for it. :crackup:

noles19 likes this.
  9. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Glad I could help.

TurboBlew, noles19 and Gorilla George like this.
  10. ClemsonsR6

Last week to this week.

-4 lbs and -1/2" on waist line

11. BigBird

BigBird blah

12. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Which program/shot are you doing? How many duckets per month....

I think my insurance is a hard no on that dawg for paying, but i keep seeing ads for "programs" like we can insurance to pay for some of it....

13. ClemsonsR6

I'm down 24# since starting and I've lost track of the inches off my waist. I have not introduced work outs or exercise into my daily routine. I have changed my diet some to cut out most carbs/candy/sweets/booze. I just physically can't eat as much.

I am using one of my customers for the medicine. They have it compounded at a pharmacy and draw up doses for patients every month. Same exact medicine, but without the hassle of the national shortages etc. Insurance isn't involved as they'd deny it anyway. There aren't anymore copay or discount codes for the actual medicine; most of what you're seeing is probably a compounded med.

The average around me is about $500 per month. I am paying cost since I help them out when buying from me.

ChemGuy likes this.
  14. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Will they ship??? Offer them tree fiddy.

15. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

My wife and I did Optavia for weight loss. Our coach is Tony Meiring's sister. Combined, we lost over 100 lbs in 10 months and kept it off. It was a bit more sensible and sustainable method for losing that work for us. I am down from 270 last Memorial Day to hitting 212 in early December and holding since then.

16. ClemsonsR6

@DrA5 that is fantastic dude! Congratulations to you and the Mrs.

DrA5 likes this.
  17. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

@ClemsonsR6 any updates?
    Got a dr visit last month done and thought I was doing ok. Low carb eating, trying to exercise more. He calls me up and says I’m diabetic and wants me on diabetes and cholesterol drugs asap and recommends Ozempic to loose weight asap. Says loosing weight should be no1 target right now as it helps with blood sugar and cholesterol the most.

18. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

What's your current ht/wt, BMI, and activity level?

19. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

My uncle is on one of these things, not sure which flavor.

The issue that I suspect will happen with him is once he's off the drugs, as I understand it you can't stay on this stuff in perpetuity, he'll simply revert back to old eating habits and the weight will return. The way I look at it is if you're not willing to make a life long lifestyle change then injecting yourself with whatever will only be a short term solution.

Since the injections aren't a permanent solution that means the permanent solution has to come from within, and if that was going to happen it would have happened already or at least you haven't been properly motivated yet.

My fear is that this type of mindset will continue to permeate all aspects of people's lives and some time in the future folks will just imbibe the latest drug concoction for anything and everything without doing any of the actual work that makes it worthwhile. Like maybe one day there will be 6-pack ab pills, as long as you keep taking the drug you'll have perfectly chiseled midsection.

418 likes this.
  20. Super Dave

Super Dave Exhausted and Abused

Cholesterol is an interesting thing...

My Mom was put on an early cholesterol statin based only upon the newer idea that it was cholesterol that was the problem. She was a nurse, bright, and listened to doctors she knew. I distinctly remember our conversation about her going on the statin, and the risk was to the liver. And her death was probably five years later due to liver cancer.

Seems that statins only produce a small reduction in LDL cholesterol.

There's some studies and ideas going on about the lipid energy model. Being low carb is part of this because as one diets for weight loss or to utilize more of a ketone based energy, cholesterol will go up substantially. There's also the concept being studied now of Lean Mass Hyper Responders where those that are lean, active, and on a low carb diet have a profile of almost ridiculous cholesterol numbers.

Here at home, we moved to more of a carnivore diet to help my wife's autoimmune disease, and it actually put her into remission. Thus, she no longer is on the biologic that was supposed to be for life. Which is a huge revenue loss for someone.

While I've been a lover of steaks and such forever, I've never done an exclusive carnivore diet or more carnivore centric diet. Post cancer and chemo, I'm leaner and lighter than I was in high school even though I'm two inches taller.

I've always had "high cholesterol". Dieting and meat focus diet put my cholesterol into the ridiculous range that my doctor got scared and wanted me on a statin despite my activity level, my very low BP, my great BMI, and a reasonable CAC score for my age...which is probably reasonable rather than great because of the metabolic disfunction of the decades of carb loading and such that we were sold on so long ago as a method for performance and health.

Currently playing with a constant glucose meter again. I did it last year to learn a lot about how I actually respond to exercise, food, stress, etc. Trying it again to learn more and refine how I live, eat, etc.

I'm not a doctor, but I'm sharing what I've experienced in life and also tinkered with personally.

BigBird and Rebel635 like this.