1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any jet skiers? Who wants to go to the Bahamas?

Discussion in 'General' started by 675AV8R, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You can tell those who have tied things to open trailers across rough roads and those who haven't :D

2. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Were the bar photos taken at Freeport or West End?

3. 675AV8R

675AV8R Jetski Extraordinaire

Freeport at Port Lucaya. We never went to West End. Too rich for our blood :crackup:

4. Dits

Nobody would confuse West End Village with wealth or prestige, that's for sure.

You CAN have a damn good time partying with the locals there though.:beer:

5. 675AV8R

:D I just remember the prices for the resort/marina down there :eek:

6. PistolPete

PistolPete Fuck Cancer...

Last boat I took to the Abacos, about 180 miles out, was a 17' with a 90 outboard. I'd bought it on E-bay the evening before. I picked the wrong day weather-wise too. At no point in my trip was it anywhere as nice looking as your return trip pics! Took me 14 hours...

7. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

you were on a boat....

;)

8. ecf

ecf Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

9. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Wait,I thought you idoits had gps? The article said you were useing your smart phones?

HAHAHA! You guys are crazy and badass at the same time! How long did the trip take each way?

10. 675AV8R

Safe to post youtube videos in here? I finally got them off my memory cards. Had a few that were corrupt apparently, and the lens fogged up on the way out :mad:

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'll make a jetski exception to the motorcycle rule.

12. 675AV8R

:crackup: See, we DID have GPS :D Dale and I both had a marine GPS app but my phone crapped out about the time we got within sight of West End.

Trip over was right at 4 hours to the beach, but it took us another almost 4 hours to actually get to the resort.

Trip back would have been right at 5 hours until Brandon's ski died. Ended up taking 9 hours.

13. 675AV8R

:up:

These are just the raw vids straight off the memory cards. Working on getting them cut down to put together a video for the entire trip.

The trip out:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmpr95fAp8I

I turn the camera around at the 5:00 mark and you can really see how calm the seas were. Still lots of wave jumping though at 30mph :D

The pod of dolphins we found halfway:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTFTrv937xo

Leaving the inlet to come back:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbDQY-RPmn4

Towing Brandon's ski in from 25 miles out:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjeikmsXaJQ

Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  14. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

I thought about that for a second when I showed up and they pulled out their smart phones with their maritime GPS apps

I then quickly dismissed it and continued on my way into the ocean. lol

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Okay seriously, I have an actual Garmin 478 I would have lent you morons that doesn't need cell signal...

16. 675AV8R

:crackup: None of the apps we were using required cell service, they all had pre-downloaded maps.

17. kangasj

kangasj Banned

You guys had to be beat by the end of the crossings. Did ya have a case of crab hands?

18. chuckbear

chuckbear Totally radical, bro.

You guys are idiots. :crackup:

Pretty cool, though. :up:

19. 675AV8R

Going over wasn't too bad really, but I think we were all still sore from it on Saturday. Definitely had sore hands going there. Coming back was a shitty ride, for sure. Hand never got as sore though.

20. Dits

The hotel is pricey, but very nice. Stayed there for three or four nights a few years back. The village is about three miles away, and is simply unadulterated Bahamian fun... plywood open-air bars. Lobster in tin-foil with butter and onions for five bucks. Dollar beers. Kids wheelying dirt bikes up and down the shanty lined road. We were the only white guys around for miles and were treated like diplomats. The locals couldn't believe we weren't at the hotel or in Freeport.

Simply an awesome time. :beer: