1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another car thread. Wanting a sports car. Which one?

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, May 26, 2022.

1. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

After gushing on and on about how good the 650hp ZL1 camaro is compared to anything else GM makes, we got a Ford GT350 mustang in at work. It also is a fantastic car. Drove it every chance I could. Then we got two widebody redeye hellcats in, and it reminded me how bad challengers are. Camaro and mustang would both absolutely destroy a challenger on a track with turns. ZL1 > GT350 > > > > > Challenger lol

BigBird and gixer1100 like this.
  2. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

Well it is a four door,not bad for a family car.

3. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

They don’t call em “snack packs” for nothing. Heavy lumbering beasts.
    The challengers came with tr6060 transmissions, by far the best factory transmission that can take power. They’re behind any manual car that has hp.
    I have a 2015 supercharged s550 mustang. This time a stick car. I don’t care how much faster an auto is, it’s boring.

4. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

It's Ken Hill, videos gawd damnit ;)

gapman789 likes this.
  5. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

Looks like an un-marked cop car..lol!

DucatiBomber likes this.
  6. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Challengers, Chargers, and Camaros with tinted glass either get stolen or are used to commit crimes all the time here in ATL.

It sucks because a ZL1 1LE would be a friggin blast.

7. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

If you want to be part of the urban crowd and be Ghetto-fabulous, get a Charger or Challenger. I hate those damn cars. When I drove for Uber on NYE, about 50% of the wrecks I saw involved those cars. And if you get that "scat-pack" you must like having someone sh1t on your face because that is what the term means. And the exhaust sounds terrible IMHO. Only thing worse are the ricer cars.

Jed likes this.
  8. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

Well, that escalated quickly.

R1Racer99 and DucatiBomber like this.
  9. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Ferrari 430's are at least 100K more with a stick.

Porsche's are generally worth a bit more in stick too, but certain models like the GT2RS and GT4RS are only available with a PDK auto.

Having said all that, if I could afford a GT2RS or GT4RS, I would imagine I could live with the PDK, but would prefer a slower manual.

10. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

I have to disagree. Challenger's look cool and sound fantastic. The scat pak is a much better daily driver then a hellcat too.

11. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Well I don’t have a Ferrari and I don’t have a Corvette so not sure what your point’s are.
    Until you told me you drove for Uber I had a little respect for you. Who admits that? LMFAO.

12. L8RSK8R

There's some shitebox challengers etc running around here...do they make a 6 cylinder?
    Sounds like a 6 cylinder with a huge aftermarket exhaust and no get up and go....all noise.

13. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

upload_2022-6-1_20-39-15.jpeg

renegade17 and HPPT like this.
  14. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

My best friend bought a '20 Challenger R/T ScatPack/auto....serious car for ~$40+K.
    It's still under warranty so, his foot is always in it. :D

DucatiBomber likes this.
  15. khill

khill Well-Known Member

I'll get some video of today after I get back from Road America..... here a few laps of my previous PB at The Ridge.

16. L8RSK8R

I'll take Ken's ban if there's one coming.

Car seems really planted, none if any understeer that I could see.

My only on track car experience is in a Subaru and pushing it as hard as I could, front end would be skipping all over the place.
    Definitely way more than what I just saw in your video.

17. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

a few people mentioned camaros...heres my labor of love. forged internals, cam, 14lbs boost (turbo), about to run on e85 , downpipe dumped under the car. manual....over 700 rwhp and a whole lot of fun.

Attached Files:

418, noles19, L8RSK8R and 6 others like this.
  18. Jed

Jed mellifluous

I did a one day Skip Barber in a spec Miata at Road A. 108mph downhill into 10A. Spun it in 7.

If the Miata had 300-400hp it would be stupid cheap fun.

19. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Fixed.

And you can haul a lot more stuff in the back seat/trunk. :D

20. Jed

Jed mellifluous

But I need my ragtop down so my hair can blow!

ChemGuy likes this.