1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another car thread. Wanting a sports car. Which one?

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, May 26, 2022.

1. Phl218

Phl218 .

if i had 150 large burning a hole in my pocket :clap::whoosh:

SuddenBraking likes this.
  2. khill

khill Well-Known Member

Fucking epic! Driving mine at a private trackday tomorrow with some pretty substantial upgrades from last time.....

wera313 and BigBird like this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I do have to say I really would enjoy a pimped Camaro ragtop as a toy car. More than a vette and easier to get in and out of :D

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Unpleasant experiences with previous stick offerings from you?

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

they sounds like you need a manual car then :D

shakazulu12 likes this.
  6. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

You implying he short shifts?

CBRRRRR999 and BigBird like this.
  7. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Slot jamming is probably an issue.

8. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Maybe he hit the red limiter too much.

9. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

Flappy paddle shifter.

10. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

They have treatments for that.

It involves 24yo brazilian Au Pairs and your wife on a business trip.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  11. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Where do we sign up?!?!

12. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

I just recently went through this .
    i ended up with a Dodge Challenger with a SCAT PACK. It’s around 500hp stock. Has really great electronics for an American car with the “performance pages”.
    $42,000 brand new out the door and I have warranty (most other stuff in that price range was used as is no warranty) .

I absolutely love it.
    Watching the g-forces in turns is fun as hell. So is launch control.
    I’m gonna track it at some point . I don’t expect it to be amazing but I think it will be capable with the power, Brembo brakes and the electronics will be fun to watch.

I never considered a HellCat. Yes it’s amazing but it was just too much money for me.

I will attach a pretty decent article comparing the HellCat and the ScatPack.

I read this article AFTER I bought the ScatPack but it explains the motors, etc and my rationale buying the SCAT pack really well.

I had also thought about buying an older mustang / camero late 60’s early 70’s. I just love the looks of almost any muscle car from that era. The look of the Challenger scratched that itch for me.

I had a mustang (2000 GT). I loved it. I had motor work done. The challenger would embarrass it . I had no idea how much these cars evolved in performance.

Also if I had the money … c8 corvette .
    C8 corvette also made me realize I wouldn’t buy any other version of a corvette because the c8 is best looking and of course the performance is silly. So if I bought an older one I’d still want something else. Lol

One last time. I really love this challenger HaHa!

https://carbuzz.com/features/custom-thumbnail-scat-pack-or-hellcat-which-dodge-charger-is-best

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 1, 2022
    trussdude, R1Racer99 and Funkm05 like this.
  13. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I assume you got the manual? Some of the reviews I read indicated the manual transmission on the Challenger was not a strength and what as far as to recommend the automatic. Seems seem sacrilegious to me.

14. BigBird

BigBird blah

nothing sacrilegious about choosing the faster option, some would call it smart :D

stk0308 likes this.
  15. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Damn, I didn’t realize those things were that cheap, that’s a bargain for the performance. Looks sweet too. Completely disagree on the C8 looks but that’s just a preference thing, to me it looks like an ugly 458 kit car.

ClemsonsR6 and BigBird like this.
  16. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

I have the 8 speed automatic.
    At first I thought the same thing about a muscle car with an automatic transmission… until I drove this one.

Dodge did an amazing job with this transmission. As @BigBird eluded to the automatic is always gonna be faster than the manual (testing proves this). If you want to feel faster get the manual .

I use the paddle shifters a decent amount when I want that manual car feel.

People have to wrap their heads around the fact that affordable technology exists that makes a manual transmission obsolete.

Another advantage of the automatic .
    Resale value is always higher with an automatic… One more I’ve been able to get up to 19.5 mpg when I’m not being stupid.
    The car will switch and run off of 4 cylinders.

I know I sound like a fanboy but at this point (had it for 6 months now) I have zero complaints about this car.

BigBird and jksoft like this.
  17. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

Until recently,I have always had sticks, but the newer autos are amazing, some people are just kinda living in the past,and like rowing through the gears I guess.

DucatiBomber likes this.
  18. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Yep...

If I have my preference it is still 3 pedals and a wiggly stick. I'll stay in the past until my knees can't take it.

pickled egg and Boman Forklift like this.
  19. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Nah homey....guarantee you that isn't correct. Maybe the resale pool is larger and they will sell faster because of that but option for option the same, a manual will command more money than the auto. Especially in Corvette land.

Boman Forklift and bored&stroked like this.
  20. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Pics or it didn't happen. :)