1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another car thread. Wanting a sports car. Which one?

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, May 26, 2022.

1. Guy in town has one with a few bolt on’s and some tuning, it’s well behaved daily driving and a quick map switch (not even really needed but no need to have it that close to the limit tuning wise in daily mode “just in case” ) and it’s a damn monster. He has two complete suspension set ups as he has it set up mostly for ripping up to his lake house and twisty roads and also can swap a few things and the rear and just make adjustments to the front for the drag strip. He’s tried to make it into as much of a sleeper as he can with removing badges, quietest exhaust he could find that makes power plus he has the exhaust valve switch. Was his dream car so he went a bit over board but him and his wife are mid 40’s, both professionals making what I’d assume is a decent amount of cash and…. NO KIDS. Their kids are. 3 golden retrievers so that’s why he went with that SUV. His wife’s daily is am Alpina B7 ( think that’s what it’s called, 7 series Alpina BMW suv) that’s close to what I’d dream of for a fast SUV).
    I’ll go back to it again, they didn’t come from money and don’t live paycheck to paycheck. No kids. I love my kids but sure makes you realize how expensive they are. I did a quick cost rundown and just this past couple years between getting one kid a new car, making sure college funds topped up for next year, travel ball, lessons, dirt bikes, etc for the other one, wife’s Q7 would be an RSQ8 without the kids :)
    C7 Grandsport IMO is absolute best bang for the buck. As much as I love me some HP, you just have to look at the cost per use of how much you need that incremental power vs the overall cost. Can easily add a few things to a GS if needed but main thing is is that it has the wide body, brakes, etc just a more toned down drive train. Not quite a Z06 in a few places but once again, is it worth it? To me no it wouldn’t be.
    Biggest concern would be finding one at a reasonable price. I just paid a premium on a 2016 bass boat but it was a fair premium for it. Give or take 7.5% vs what they’d have gone for years past.

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I just couldn't get into the TrackHawk. It was a big dumb lumbering oaf to me. I should likely feel the same about the SRT-10 but I don't. Plenty of power no doubt but plenty of weight and dimension to go with it. Interiors are decidely better in modern Dodge products than they used to be.

BigBird likes this.
  3. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Lots of good suggestions. I like the German and etc, makes,But I dont know alot about them. Maintenance etc.

I have always liked the c7 vette when it came out. Never thought I would be able able to own one.

I also like the gt350 stangs. I may be alittle bais with the American made products, but I even now that's a joke any more.

Funny the trackhawk was mentioned. Best friend has one. Getting some go fast done to it right now. No need for one of those,I can have the keys when ever.

I even thought about a hell cat, but heard they don't track well,but I dont know the for sure.

The new z that some one posted is pretty sweet. But again don't know anything about those. So I have always just been drawn to the "American muscle" so to say I guess.

Jed and gsxr1000bill like this.
  4. assjuice cyrus

I have heard 50/50 on the grand sport vs z06. Being worth it or not. Part of me is drawn to the zo6 cause it's just a z06 damit. Lol

sdg likes this.
  5. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

If you like letting someone else work on your junk and paying them then the Germans can get pricey. If you are compotent and can do most thing yourself they aren't any worse than anything else. Porsche also knows how most of their cars get used so there are two values for maintenance. Mileage and time. Most of them take far too long to hit the mileage numbers so you end up doing maintenance based on time. I do all the basic service on mine and the cost is pretty much inline with anything else in the driveway. Having said that it is not Toyota Corolla maintenance costs.

If anything serious happens it gets expensive pretty damn quick.

Phl218 and BigBird like this.
  6. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

About to pull out the NB love! So fresh and so clean clean!!!

Attached Files:

BigBird, trussdude, Wingnut and 2 others like this.
  7. assjuice cyrus

I mean who doesn't love the look of that??? Nice z man.

ClemsonsR6 likes this.
  8. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

You misspelled "RS6 Avant".

Jed, Phl218, gt#179 and 1 other person like this.
  9. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Nice. It even comes in Auburn Orange. Sweet.

cBJr and BigBird like this.
  10. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

didnt go through all replies, but if you dont need a backseat you cant go wrong with a vette, if you want a actual seat look at a ctsv. we have both a ctsv and a turbo camaro. i enjoy both :)

BigBird likes this.
  11. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

I like the C7 as well. I don't mind the new tailight style that everybody was against when the C7 came out, but i do think they should have continued the round tail lights.

Uncle has a '58, 283, dual 4 barrels, '66 Convertible coupe, 427, dual 4 barrels, '67 Stingray/fast back, 427, triple 2 barrels and an '80 with a 305 or some shit.

I've been eyeing '03/'04 ZO6's for some time. Much more affordable for me and really like the look.

assjuice cyrus likes this.
  12. ClemsonsR6

Errrbody got jokes. :rolleyes:

assjuice cyrus likes this.
  13. assjuice cyrus

Auto or Manual?

14. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I believe he stands up.

15. assjuice cyrus

:crackup::crackup: Listen old man.. Nobody is going cross your lawn....:bow:

L8RSK8R and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  16. ClemsonsR6

7 speed manual is the only answer

Boman Forklift and R1Racer99 like this.
  17. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Teach her to drive a stick. My wife drove the Viper, M3, 930, etc. without any problems.

18. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Funny Rob

Boman Forklift and ClemsonsR6 like this.
  19. assjuice cyrus

She has zero interest in even trying

20. wera313

wera313 Well-Known Member

Your post reignited my research on buying a 1LE. Also found your build thread on Camaro6 forum… ordered a 2023 SS 1LE today at a local dealer. Better than paying the silly Porsche ADM surcharge and looong wait. Really excited about this car.

R1Racer99 likes this.