1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMA Sportster spec class

Discussion in 'General' started by lonewrench, Sep 19, 2009.

1. six4six

six4six professionalgreasemonkey

Not sure I understand.... Is DMG trying to fill the stands or empty them, with the exception of a few H.O.G. members playing cornhole in the parking lot next to the trailer they used to get their machies across town to the track.

On second thought lets waive admission fees to anyone with club colors!! YAY

2. Chumbucket

Chumbucket Well-Known Member

OK, that's it...

It's time for some Fred...

http://dem0n.qgl.org/images/gassit/fbikie.gif

3. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

For the 100th anniversary bash HD held they had a super secret performer for a concert.

It was Elton John. He was not well received.

EAD indeed.

4. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

So could this be a spec class, with sealed motors, HP limits, mods done to the bike by HD to make them all equal? Is this like IROC? Could you just buy in to the series, have HD cart around the bikes, maintain them (Red Bull Rockies Cup)?

Where's John and RRW on this? I have not seen a post on RRW. DOes that mean all this is rumor? I mean, really.... John? John, where are you? Please report to the red phone in the BBS lobby.

:D

5. PAzYearazzUP

PAzYearazzUP Banned

Racing is racing with our without fans. The selection is spec bike so you all are clumped together in tight formation.

Nascar Bumper Banging = AMA Bars Z Banging.

EJ? Platform shoes and a waste of glass is see thru that musick is he likes to tap on pee anal key [male] organs.

6. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Scott ended his career in T1 at Loudon when he tangled with Brian Kent. The two went down and slid a couple of hundred feet, collecting tire strings as they slid. Their bikes hit the wall ahead of them as the CF tanks wore through, tossing the contents of two nearly full tanks onto a pile of 100 Nascar tires. The fire was impressive.
    The two riders were within 6 feet of an inferno, shielded only by a tire string.
    They were both unconscious and unresponsive, lying stacked up, face-up and head to toe as though they had been carefully placed there.
    Had to be one of my strangest cornerworker moments. I directed the ambulances to come to me, but by the time they got there, which was just seconds, none of us could see because the smoke just hunkered down.
    We dragged them both away from the fire and got them going, but it was pretty intense because you literally couldn't breath unless you were within inches of the ground, and even then it was tough to breathe. Some of us had to run outside of the smoke to get some good breaths and then go back so others could do the same.
    Brian Kent pretty much just forgot to breathe, he was okay, but Scott had serious injuries and was lucky to survive, he had the best ambulance crew in the business working on him that day. He came back to thank us the next year because his doctors convinced him that everything that was done for him later was only possible because everything had been done right for him out on the track that day. We had to handle him like a baby while getting him away from a massive fire quickly, Aleda Cole and her crew had to bring him back while hunkered under billowing clouds of smoke. I'm proud to have been there that day and been part of that group effort, although all I really did was locate and help move bodies. I have some really impressive pictures of the aftermath of that crash, I've put them up here before but don't know if they're still available.

7. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

I haven't raced in a couple of years but that last post makes me want to buy every single cornerworker on this planet a six pack.

8. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I saw some of the xr's up close and personal recently.

Allow me to retract every previous statement. What a fugly fuctup monstrosity to cobble into a track bike. Not just no, but hell no!

9. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

1200's? I guess Gary Stas was way ahead of his time! :crackup:

10. Big Deezul

Big Deezul Gossamer has MOJO!!!

I want one!!

11. Silo Pete

Attached Files:

12. Paint Shaker

Paint Shaker Tractor Motor Racer

I like harley, but those Sporties are :Puke: !!! Despite being able to draw from Buell technology, harley still can't built a decent road racing bike..... :crackup:

13. HA

HA Well-Known Member

scott was working at stone-mountain harley-davidson, i bought a bike from him there five years ago. he then moved to a custom harley dealer in madison georgia just south of athens on 441. he goes to road atlanta every year. i have a awesome autographed picture of him racing.

14. HA

HA Well-Known Member

z-man

scott is now working at h-d dealership in clearwater, fl.

15. Silo Pete

Any idea on what the license requirements will be to run this series?

16. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Orange shirt!:Poke:

17. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

HAH! :crackup:

18. Silo Pete

19. Paint Shaker

Paint Shaker Tractor Motor Racer

"If you are over 16 and hold an expert license in a recognized sanctioning body, WERA,CCS,AFM,WSMC,etc, you will be able to compete. "

Received via email today.

20. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Wheelchair Pimp

i meet him few months back at Fletchers. Super cool guy and we bs'd about racing for awhile