1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMA/MOTOAMERICA Entry Level Class, KTM Cup

Discussion in 'General' started by SCHMITTY91, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I know it's advertising, still funny.

2. Chip

Chip Registered

Dude...:wow:

3. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

Ya, kinda shaking my head here.

4. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

somebody's fired up!? lol.

5. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

They were never bought .... well I guess you could buy one here after the series was shut down .... u just paid them what ever the big number was for the season to show up and ride em,never took them home.The Aprilia Cup bike you bought and could run them where you wanted so long as it was legal for the class which I'm sure with WERA and CCS there will be at least 3-4 classes you could run the KTM in,if not more.

6. TrackStar

And there will be plenty of KTM RC390's at Dealers to buy. Like I said, I have no clue what they are going to do with the Cup bikes. I havent seen rules. Again... with a detuned motor in the Cup bikes, if your not running the cup why wouldnt you just build up a street bike thats going to sell for several thousand cheaper?

7. vince224

vince224 Well-Known Member

i thought it was already established that the 'detuned' race version was simply a throttle stop. to me, that means its the same engine, no?

vince
    :D

8. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Because maybe you want to run the series, but also want to race it more than 5 times a season.

If doing that means buying two bikes (and prepping, depending on how much they allow teams to do to the Cup 390s), I'm no longer interested.

9. TrackStar

Yes but the cup motors are detuned, dynoed then sealed by HMC. I guess I just dont understand why someone would buy a Cup bike if they arent running the Cup. Its $3000 more and 6hp less. Very limited production and there will be ample street bikes and I'm sure plenty of aftermarket to build one up.

10. knedragon29

:beer:

11. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Maybe because you buying ride in cup series and not the bike itself until season is over.
    Think they did something like that in europe with cbr500, you pay for the bike but you take ownership after the season.

12. TrackStar

I'm planning on buying 2 bikes or at least a couple extra motors. If HMC is doing the builds and sealing engines I dont want my rider to be putting wear on my race engine between rounds. No different that what many Club racer 125 and Mori guys do. How many 125 guys didnt have a spare motor or 2?

Again, you guys are arguing on speculation, not fact. We dont know what they are going to do yet. Your saying your not interested based on a conversation between several people who know nothing of the rules.

13. TrackStar

Are you planning on racing the Cup?
    Do you have a kid who is?

14. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

I'm not arguing anything. I'm saying I've already got a shop full of perfectly good race bikes and spare motors that also can be raced in a series without any television coverage against quality competition.

The 390 is not a lateral move for a young racer already capable on a middleweight machine; it's a move backwards. I also don't think that the field will be as deep as some seem to think it will be. There has to be some draw to it for us, or else we'd just race the 600s we have been racing.

15. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Agreed.

16. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

It is an internal combustion ENGINE. A motor is electric.:Poke:

17. knedragon29

Nope .... If I had a few kids they would be on the 125 or the Moriwaki though that's sitting in the garage

18. TrackStar

We race motorcycles not enginecycles.

19. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

:crackup: