1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMA/MOTOAMERICA Entry Level Class, KTM Cup

Discussion in 'General' started by SCHMITTY91, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The 390s are for sure D, same for the 350 stuff. I'm going to modify E for the 300s, limiting them and allowing the 250's some mods and may performance index the 350's down depending on how they do. It's going to look like Vintage rules for a bit :D

As always the class we have works so I don't want to kill it, however those bikes aren't being made so we have to adjust while hopefully not killing the machines more racers actually own right now.

2. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

The R3 going to D? It's a 321

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes for now but I can see it being ESB of maybe I'll do a E+SS :D

Would be so much simpler if they all picked a common displacement and motor type....

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Also keep in mind that if you want to build them they're all Clubman legal...

5. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I thought in one of those mile long LW threads you suggested ESS would be N300,CBR300, R3, and 390 and the 250's would be FSS. That sounds sensible... anything SB should have to go up to D or Clubman where it's already legal.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That sounds familiar.... :crackup:

I've been meaning to go through that thread and remember what I put down, it made sense when I was thinking about it more. I do also want to leave it open to adjustment once we know what they'll all do.

Hopefully schedule will be done this week and I can work more on specifics of the rules.

7. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

that's what I thought. 300s, 321, 390 scored together, 250s run with them but scored apart

8. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

I has a question...

If any of the classes has as limited a modification list as current ESS, would it make more sense to call it E Production and then edit the allowances, like pipe, etc? The nomenclature has confused many of my customers. The rulebook does explain it, but...that's not a Superstock class like A, B, C, and D are Superstock classes. It's an anomaly.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There are more things allowed to a 250 in ESS than are limited, so I went with the name that was closer to what is allowed. We allow everything but the very few engine mods we do allow in full SS. When I talk to people about a production class they immediately start thinking stock pipe and go from there. It is definitely an anomaly with the limited engine mods.

10. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Pfft ... Ed didn't even have a CF or TI fuel tank on it. It could have weighed even less.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

12. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

How many of these "Cup" versions will be produced? Will they meet WERA requirements?

13. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

I'm guessing the first 30 or so are earmarked for MA licensed racers, maybe open after that? I read from KTM they were building 120 - 150 total for 2015 for all of the Series world wide. If the Cup bikes are sealed and detuned and expensive why not build a street version up instead? They may not let them run outside of the Cup races. Who knows.

14. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

So let me get this straight,you buy a bike but you can't race it unless you race the 2-3 races they offer for the season ?? So you got to the PRO racing weekend which where you will be the last class priority (meaning limited time crunch you loose track time) and that's the solution to our World Level Dominance again ?? :crackup:
    I'm all for the series but it is a spec series which in reality will probably make it a few seasons unless they change a few things along the way.

15. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

You are jumping to conclusions that have no basis in reality. There is no information on how the system works yet. Relax.

16. E, D, SS, SB, 250, 300, 390, etc etc etc.

None of that shit matters.

All that matters is Grom.

17. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

Ummm where the hell did you come up with that?

There are a few issues with the series I'm aware of that are being worked out but none of what you said has anything to do with it. I mean really, where did you come up with that?

The Cup bikes are just that.... built for the KTM Cup. I would have zero issues if they said we couldnt race them outside of that. I dont see RedBull Rookies Cup bikes being run in Club Races. Thats what the street version is for.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
  18. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's hilarious because WERA already has a class like it and has run it to support the riders on smaller bikes since our inception. We don't have to create a new class because we spent the last however many year ignoring the smaller bikes.

We don't need to capitalize on something that we've been supporting all along.

What's truly sad is people will see it and not know it for the bullshit it is.

20. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Eassy big guy.