1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMA 1000 class is dead. At Barber and it's just sad

Discussion in 'General' started by GrayGhost, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Dano711

Dano711 Well-Known Member

:D I'm the guy in the black shorts/shirt to the left of Hayes in the first pic. Where did you get those pics from? I was a full step in the lead on him and going for the win.:crackup:

2. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Are you wearing a fanny pack?

3. Daniel06

Daniel06 Well-Known Member

I was gonna ask the same thing. He prob said, "Ill let this guy win, he's weraing a fronty pack."

:D

4. Dano711

Hey, not enough pockets on the shorts. I'm not a flat biller either.:D

5. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

Two items that will never share closet space, Flat Bill hats and fanny packs :) Fanny packs and velcro shoes perhaps, you know, to round out the "I don't give a shit" wardrobe. Dano, you're a confident man. I can respect that :D

6. backcountryme

I think Josh was a few steps back because he was trying not to be associated with anyone that would wear a fanny pack.

7. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

The R1 is not a very good bike.

The bike Josh is racing, however, is a very good bike.

8. ed who?

ed who? the opposite of eharmony.

Brit i agree.. Those two were the 2 BEST riders, on the BEST bike with the BEST crew IMO.. now you got Hayes who IMO is the BEST rider on the most expensive..i mean best bike.

The issue is how to get MORE bikes on the grid then the racing will improve. Sure Hayes will keep winning but at least there are more bikes to watch.

Hell my ama sbk novice guy Tony Porter never raced outside of PIR but did well here, won bunch races, got points and thought "what the hell ill try" and he did..he was always within 110% but to get within 107% of THE MAN (Hayes) on tracks he had never been to was a big ask. (when you have to pay for it all yourself/no sponsors/got to work monday/etc

He had the best time of his life thou and learned a lot....sucks he couldn't race due to percentage but its how it is. Then again he is a fast, SAFE rider (words from Hayes and others directly) and his bike looks the part of SBK (to point that Tony was shocked folks asked for pics, he's not one for lime light)

My point is there are a TON of guys that could do 108-112% of Hayes but the 107% is TOUGH..i know its the PREMIER class...but then IMO you need to bring back 1000 Superstock!!! No factory teams/guys, only say 110% (even then its 110% not on a guy like Hayes) and you would get some bigger grids/great racing!!!

it pains me to watch an AMA SBK race nowadays... 1guy running away and what? 12-15 others riding around.. they are all trying i know this..but to a viewer..its a SNORREEEE FEST!!

AMA has to lower the cost and get more bikes on the grid, PERIOD!

BSB SBK has big grids and lots of battles (some is their tracks and yes cost less due to small country)

Attached Files:

9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

WTH, has Ulrich made those stupid hats a fashion statement in the AMA paddock now?:crackup:

10. backcountryme

I was talking about the bikes on the track, not the street bikes.

11. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

Was I the only one scanning the pic for hotties? :D

12. Dano711

I choose function over fashion. :D

13. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

I don't count the dude with a backpack who kinda/sorta resembles Terrance to be a "hottie"....

14. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

That privateer that you talk about runs very well in superbike, give the guy some credit, he's earned it, look at his lap times and finishes

15. backcountryme

Unfortunately until Clark wins several races most will look at him as "the guy who bought Hayden's ride". That is totally wrong of course. He is a good rider and has been going quick this year. The kid is the real deal and deserves to be given a fair chance. But it is like everything else, his father has money so he must have just been given everything. I hope he does get a win soon just to silence some folks.

16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I only caught the one semi-on-display set of boobage on the right.

17. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

Hayden didn't have a sb ride, Chris saved some jobs at yosh. His ride is for the full year because he paid for it, but what people don't see is how far he has progressed over the last few years . 98+ degrees and after qualifying he's out in hot pit talking with his crew chief looking for some more speed, he works hard. And he's a helluva nice kid

18. ed who?

ed who? the opposite of eharmony.

:up: huge +1 couldn't agree more!

19. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Perhaps they will save some of those people from Skin Cancer and having to deal with it.:cool:

20. backcountryme

Exactly! Hayden was out. His crew was not going to have a job. But a ton of folks either do not know that or choose not to see it. I don't care who you are or how much money you have, if you do not have talent and work hard you will never run it the top 10 in SBK. The kid has come a long way and deserves to have respect for his riding.