1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMA 1000 class is dead. At Barber and it's just sad

Discussion in 'General' started by GrayGhost, Jun 23, 2012.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

How are things working out in BSB? Didn't they go to a spec ecu and limited mods this year?

2. ton

ton Arf!

racing's been fantastic so far.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes they did and everything I'm hearing is good so far.

4. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

I thought that the upcoming electronics cap was something like $12,000. While that is not a small amount of coin, won't that eliminate the 6+ figure electronics packages?

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not really since the true expense isn't the dash it's the personnel. They're still able to spend an easy 6 figures.

6. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

You want a spec class. This is superbike.

Check out the XR series...

7. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

:stupid:

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I thought it was a production based class. I get the "best of the best, money is no object" argument for GP, but here I'd rather see Moto2 like racing instead of what we have now. Again, the best rider should win, not the team with the most money.

9. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

It is production based, and there are spending caps and rules. What you want when you say "best rider wins" is everyone one the same equipment. Maybe SuperStock should be brought back?

Moto2 is nearly a stock class since they all have the EXACT same motor.

10. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

I thought all classes were spec classes. Its just some specs are looser than others.

11. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

When Ben and Mat were winning, the best rider(s) were winning.

Right now, the best rider is still winning.

12. The best rider IS winning. It just so happens that he is on the best team too.

Put Hayes on a Yosh bike or even a Jordan bike and i bet he would still be winning.

13. Damn, beat me to it. :D

14. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Yeah, just barely, ding-dong.

15. :crackup:

I hardly pay attention to shit on the puter, i damn sure dont on my phone. :D

16. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

:stupid:
    Oh, somewhere in this favored land the sun is shining bright;
    The band is playing somewhere, and somewhere hearts are light,
    And somewhere men are laughing, and somewhere children shout;
    But there is no joy in CheeseHeadville - mighty Blake has struck out. :D

17. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

I agree,but the electronics package on the Graves R1 is almost that.

18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I like Hayes and I'm sure he'd be competitive on any of the top level bikes, but seeing the best rider on what's the best bike by a long shot takes all the fun out of it. It's almost back to the Ben and Matt show again. Anymore it's a surprise if Hayes DOESN'T win.

I wonder what the riders think about it. Does Hayes have fun clearing out and winning every race by half a lap or would he have a better time if he was battling with several riders until the end, as they do in Moto2.

19. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I don't think the Yoshimura GSXR-1000 or the Graves R1 are monumentally different in 2012 from what they were in 2011, but it does seem that Blake is not able to take the fight to Hayes like he did last year. Maybe he's just lost a bit of his mojo......it happens.

20. colin96

colin96 Well-Known Member

I also think something has clicked off with Blake. I'm not really a fan of his, but I am a fan of any "hard racer", and that he is. But something has changed. I think it started with the sideways looks over at Herrin on the front straight at Elkhart, and then again he did it at barber. Almost saying, "yeah that's all I've got". That's like blood in the water to sharks.

I think the best rider is winning at the moment.

All this could change in a weak, and what do I know, I'm just driving this keyboard.

Colin