1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AHRMA Dissolution?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by 83BSA, Oct 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

I understand, it just seems at this point you are throwing away money if you renew your license for next year right now.

2. limy_1

limy_1 Crash Starter

Can't say it any better.
    Plenty of racers go both ways :D
    Even a few of the officials :wow:

Roger Preston
    WERA & AHRMA Official
    Part time racer :rolleyes:

3. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Funny how the official part takes over since you don't really have to spend any money to do that. :D

4. limy_1

limy_1 Crash Starter

I race with AHRMA and do pay my own way.
    So it does cost me.

5. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Not really sure where your going with that Paige?

6. weber#465

weber#465 mud fight

Charles thanks or calming me down and setting me straight.
    I don't know why I thought anything deseptive of you, Stu, and David while you keep posting all you negative stuff about AHRMA on T/O's forum. I guess when I read what you say there and then reread what you post on here like post #89 or your responce to one of davids statements as "Wizened counsel knows, from instinct and from experience". Some of you are really sticking together and patting each other on the back all through here.

David what I was stating on post #201 was in responce to #187 and 191 so you should be able to see I am looking to see where you are going.

I don't think of you as someone from the other side but you started this thread with " AHRMA bulletin board, administered by AHRMA Trustee Mark Hatten, is not a friendly place".

Then went on to post a letter from T/O and never refuted any of it, (Gosple ?)48-51 but when AHMRA made a statement you disected it #222.

Stu and his stories #94 #72 and the beat goes on of how pissed he is. People stated that they were there and don't remember any such letter. Trouble starter and nothing more.

As it has been from the start of this thread anyone who says anything that is not liked by a few then they better get ready for youralls attacks.

OOOOOOOO look at those shiny pitchforks. Why are you looking at me like that?

David I am not the first #59 or only one who states your postings have had a nigative effect on some. Go to tha AHRMA forum and try to get suport with the tone you have so far. They are not the trustees.
    :bow: As I stated in 201 you are very smart and can do a lot for changes we may need. Lets state some solutions b4 you all use those pitchforks on me.:Poke: It will be hard to lean into a curve with pitchforks in my side.

James:cool:

7. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

At least on the roadrace side, there are deals in place with the tracks. The show will go on.

8. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

I wasn't going anywhere with that. Just stating how since it doesn't cost anything to officiate the ones who usually officiate and race turn mostly into officials instead of racing since racing can be so expensive.

I didn't mean any disrespect at all and sorry if it came across that way.

9. bax504

bax504 Well-Known Member

Good post James. I agree that some people have their agenda's. My agenda is to race this coming year. Good news Carl on the track situation. Cheers.

10. weber#465

weber#465 mud fight

and it looks like they done away with Beaverun (you got what you wanted Brian) and added Talladega and Roebling
    Talladega was where I got my WERA school-n.:up:

11. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

That is good. I hate to see anything go bad in the motorcycle roadracing family.

12. weber#465

weber#465 mud fight

Careful Paige :crackup: :rock:

13. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

14. weber#465

weber#465 mud fight

I'm just kidding. Some want blood on here.

15. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Best not to say anything on this thread, you'll get your head bitten off. And we're supposed to be the emotional ones. :) So, is Michael going to get you a Flutter?

16. weber#465

weber#465 mud fight

Thanks Paige. I don't want to see anything bad eigther.

17. racerman21

racerman21 Michael Green

See my new posting under AHRMA rules

18. weber#465

weber#465 mud fight

Most of us just want to go race. Some want a revolution.

I think that most of the board of trustees are good people with good intentions. I CAN"T blame them if they are looking to keep someone out that DOES HAVE a lawsuit against them or in some way wants to undermind there every move.

Most of us can't understand why Rob I. would destroy a club he helped build. Most of us can't understand why Susan Smith killed her kids. They both claim to be a victim but they are not. It is of their own doings that got them to this point.

We can't blame AHRMA if it is Robs lawsuit. They can't just drop a lawsuit that is not of their doing. The money was getting spent and HE could have made it stop.

The focus is needing to be on who is the victim and stop blaming them. and start helping them. THEM is AHRMA and AHRMA is us.

If AHRMA wants to keep someone out that is trying to bankrupt them
    (and DID) then I will suport them in that. He was going to bankrupt them any which way they turned.

If he wants back on the playground then HE needs to take steps to MAKE IT STOP. I hope he does and that would get mine and a lot of other peoples suport.

David I am sorry you didn't get your two questions answered at Barber.
    If the company I work for and have stock in and is employee owned had a lawsuit, they wouldn't answer me until they had something in place to inform everyone at their lawyers direction.

Now 07 track dates are up and I am sure we need to get some bikes ready.

At the same time if someone is wanting to run for one of the vacated seats at AHRMA. Now would be a good time to state what your qualifications are.

to that persin i'll give you a hint (tell them you will be forth coming with information).

James:cool:

19. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

It is not simply a failure to get answers to two (2) questions at Barber. That certainly piqued me, but what it alerted me to was the fact that something untoward was afoot. That is because as a commercial litigator, I was being told that information was being withheld on the basis of attorney-client privilege and a confidential and proprietary basis, which, at least to some of the requested information, I knew could not be correct.

I don't like being mislead, defrauded, lied to, etc. I don't like it when people treat me like I'm a dolt and incapable of exercising independent thought and performing rational analysis. I may not always get it right, but it is not for lack of trying to understand and do the right thing.

It is now clear to me that sometime in the Summer of 2006, someone in control at AHRMA made the decision to bankrupt the member-owned organization as a strategy to attempt to avoid liability in the Iannucci/Team Obsolete case. As I have stated before, I am not a bankruptcy attorney, and I do not know whether such efforts will be successful or not. But at a minimum, I question the soundness of such a decision, and I am curious as to how that decision was made, by whom, based upon what facts and law, and exactly how that critical-to-the-future of the organization decision was vetted, if at all, among the trustees. We know the members never had a say in whether to intentionally deplete all of the organization's resources was a beneficial thing.

Look at the Motion filed by AHRMA yesterday pursuant to 11 USC 502(c) in the bankruptcy case. They're petitioning for the Trustee to make an "estimate" of the Iannucci/TO claim. Ostensibly, this would be to "liquidate" that claim so the organization can go forward. OK, but think about what the consequences may be, and remember, a claimant is entitled to some "due process" of law. If the "estimate" is such that AHRMA cannot survive the debt going forward, then I think (again, I'm not a BR attorney)AHRMA will fold and be liquidated, i.e., Chapter 7. I suppose the AHRMA trustees think that is ok, and that AHRMA will rise like a phoenix from the ashes. If that is true, I think that intentionally destroying an organization is, at a minimum, something the membership should have a say in. I also question whether it is something that is permitted by the bankruptcy code - maybe it is and I'm simply not sufficiently cynical about how businesses can avoid liabilities.

The real travesty of this entire scenario is the horrendus waste that has been perpetrated by AHRMA trustees and officials. There is the Benevolent Fund, which regardless of what the rules may technically say, I don't believe anyone ever intended to pay for Jeff Smith's "pissing contest" (Roadracin World's characterization, and pretty accurate) with Robert Iannucci. Then there is $877,000 plus another projected $300,000 just to get to trial. Think of what AHRMA could have done for vintage racing and all of us as participants had that not been squandered on lawyers.

Enough of my rant. Let it suffice to say I'm somewhat upset, and based on the facts, I don't understand if other members think that what has occurred is perfectly acceptable behavior and would agree to do it all again. I need a martini . . . . Thank you. :beer:

20. racerman21

racerman21 Michael Green

Bottom line is Gents, I've tried to stop all this nonsense YEARS ago, I was the oly one on record to do so. AHRMA had a few abttles that didn't need to go the length they did, even more so to spend OUR MONEY on lawyers. And now I hear the Benv Fund is gone(?)... this really ticks me off (being the one who created such)! Let's wait and see, if the Board is Guilty, then we the members need to do something to clean house; if they are NOT then we go forward. Wait and see. MG #21

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.