1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AHRMA Dissolution?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by 83BSA, Oct 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buzz1939

buzz1939 New Member

Nice guy? Dave Roper must agree because he has hung with him throughout this brouhaha and everybody likes Dave. On the other hand, Nobby Clark, the race bike wizard of international reknown who wrenched for Ianucci for some time, might disagree.
    Whatever Ianucci's demeanor, his team has been sorely missed at AHRMA events. His bikes and riders were perennial champions at all the roadraces until the Barber team came along and began to steal his thunder.
    Jeff Smith has been out of the picture for years. I don't know if he remains a party to the lawsuit or not, but he is no longer a trustee.
    At this point AHRMA has been forced into filing Chapter 11 bankruptcy due to the collapse of Reliance and the relentless litigation..Ianucci's goal is within sight...Check it out at NEWS WWW.AHRMA.ORG

2. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Jesus. I have absolutely nothing to do with AHRMA. I read most of the thread and thought, wow, this is terrible, what a shame for these racers. Then I clicked the Chapter 11 filing link and read it, noting that the entity is tax exempt. Then I thought, hey, I wonder if they know that as a tax exempt entity, AHRMA's 990 filings are a matter of public record, and to the extent there are sentiments on the part of some members that perhaps the execution of fiduciary responsibilities was not all that it ought to have been, the filings could be informative on that score. Maybe I can help. So I posted the links. And pointed out the harassment language, because it was easy to imagine that with a disenchanted member base, sentiments could be running high and lead to many requests, when one is sufficient (as it must be responded to). Pitchforks may make you feel better, but I don't know that they'll be effective. Oh, fuck it. Nevermind.

3. charles

charles The Transporter

I'm sincerely sorry and apologize if my words offended you. You were in fact trying to be helpful and we only disagree about the 'harassment' concern you
    voiced. Please continue to contribute to clarity and understanding.:beer:

4. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

AHRMA Spent $877,571 Todate on TO Litigation

In a filing in the bankruptcy action yesterday, AHRMA admitted spending $877,571.24 todate on the litigation with Rob Iannucci and Team Obsolete, with an estimate of another $300,000 to get to trial (Note: That is to GET TO TRIAL, not to get through trial!).

The first question I asked on October 22, 2006 at the "town hall" meeting has now been answered, and it is no longer "confidential" information - it is amatter of public record. Why didn't the Trustees want to tell the members that 3-1/2 weeks ago? Because it did not suit their strategy, part of hich has been treating the members like mushrooms.

Nearly $1.2 MM to GET to trial . . . ! Having personally tried a 4 week case in the E.D. NY in May, 1999, I can attest to what the trial costs would have been, and it would not be inexpensive. Who approved that strategy and when? Would any member have agreed to such a thing? What could the matter have been settled for 1, 2, 3, or 4 years ago? $500,000? Less? More? It certainly would have been less than $1.2 MM.

This is obscene.

5. charles

charles The Transporter

It seems like robbery without a weapon. Tragic, but do the attorneys have to declare how much they were paid. If not, hmmmmm...where did it go?

6. weber#465

weber#465 mud fight

David you rode at one (1) event last year BARBER. While you were there you raised hell at the town hall gathering and you go on here raising hell with your post.:tut:

All your shit talk about ahrma isn't getting anything probuctive, so why don't you and Stu Carter another one who came to 1 (one) event BARBER stop trying to paint a picture as though AHRMA is the villan?:down:

7. charles

charles The Transporter

Although 83BSA can take care of himself, I would like to say that if you consider Dave 'raising hell' (? which means what?) to try to get at the truth,
    to help an organization, not just himself, then it comes as no surprise to me
    that AHRMA is in this posture today, right now- because its members believed that to ask questions was wrongful and harmful, and that they would rather be led by the nose than to stand up and speak out, even if something way down inside told them something was wrong. What, please tell me, was going to happen if they 'raised hell'- were they shot or hung,
    maybe 'disappeared'?

Hmmm...'raising hell.' That's what the British said back in 1776.

You go, Dave!:up:

8. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

I guess ones participation discounts their status as an AHRMA member ..

I have not seen David paint AHRMA as a villian... He is questioning the blind pursuit of this fieasco....

Asking appropriate questions about the conduct of the Trustees in pursuing this legal entanglement at the expense of the memebership is hardly raising hell. I get tired of seeing your type of PC thinking ....... :(

I take it as an AHRMA member you are ok with the Trustees/Jeff Smith having spent $877,571.24 ($577,571.24 from the membership) to keep T.O. for participating in AHRMA events....?

Last edited: Nov 15, 2006
  9. weber#465

weber#465 mud fight

Stu Carter

You post thing here, as you always did on the AHRMA forum, to try to get a knee jerk reaction.:crackup: I find it very funny and like to read your stories, they are so creative and full of imaginary events and BS. Gives me a break from reallity that we all need from time to time.

Your "story" the letter about Robs mother and Hitler thing thats a good one. If it were true, the letter that is, it may have came from an attorneys office in NY. Nothing better than taking your left hand and point at your self and say your the victim while you take your right hand and stab the real victim in the back where it is out of sight.

James

10. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

I rode both days at Mid-Ohio and Barber. I also ride a full WERA Vintage schedule. My 2007 plans include both the Baja 500 (solo attempt), and the Baja 1000 (over 50 team), as well as Goodwood Revival on the Geoff Duke Goldstar (if admitted - fingers crossed). So, I don't know how many AHRMA events I'll make in 2007. Does the number and location of events I ride each year bear on the propriety of AHRMA's squandering (my opinion) the members' resources, and failing to disclose not only their intent, but also the actions taken?

My "shit talk"? My, that is meaningful and descriptive. Do you have any opinions about spending $877,000 +++ on litigation with a former member over their membership? Or would you prefer to avoid that central issue and engage in argumentum ad hominum (attack on the person making the argument rather than the issues presented in the argument)?

"Raised hell at Barber", i.e., I asked two questions that went unanswered but obviously addressed VERY sensitive points. If that is "raising hell" you are a very sensitive person leading a very sheltered life. I trust you never raise your voice, or express any emotion. But wait, I'm mistaken, you do feel free to make personal insults behind tha safety of a web page. Ok, I understand how you operate now. Thank you.

11. weber#465

weber#465 mud fight

I'm not saying its ok.

in a short amount of time all of this is coming out.

12. weber#465

weber#465 mud fight

I admire you what you are trying to do as my past posts have said

All I can see from you are letters from Rob I and T/O

13. weber#465

weber#465 mud fight

Sorry if I am wrong ( I am from time to time) but I was just going on the points standing page and that is all that is showing Barber.

Sorry again all I see from you and about 2 others is you want blood and if I or someone else say something that goes against one you all want to go after theie blood.

14. charles

charles The Transporter

Unity without veracity is conspiracy.

No, things don't just "come out." It takes, sometimes, the actions of brave people to make those things "come out." It takes effort and energy and
    the willingness to endure the 'slings and arrows' of those who, unfortunately,
    follow blindly.

15. weber#465

weber#465 mud fight

I don't care if you or anyone else even race. If you or they want to help grab a bucket and lets get to work. Poking holes in the side of the ship and saying its a rotten boat it is wont be of any help getting us to shore (the track)

James:beer:

16. charles

charles The Transporter

Well, James, of course we all care if we race. That's why there's WERA and AHRMA and that's (basically) why we joined! Some folks are already at work, to paraphrase you a bit, and have been working to bring about some needed
    disclosure and facts, not stonewalling and obfuscation. My comment about disinterested members aside, please be reminded that no one said the members made the rotten ship, but for sure it is up to those members to get a voice and try to make the ship seaworthy (the sea analogy again...).

Anyway, if the ship isn't properly tended by its officers and crew, it might indeed not make it to the 'shore' you envision.:beer:

17. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

James -

"All I can see from you are letters from Rob I and T/O"

Please see post #183, page 10 on this site. It is my 3 page, certified mail, return receipt requested letter to each current trustee and general counsel Ted Bendelow.

Aslo see post #272, page 14 this site. It is my two (2) emails, unanswered, to Dvae Janiec.

As for AHRMA's not properly scoring me at Mid-Ohio and Barber, they have regularly erred in scoring me, and one reason (however, not the principal reason) I am a big proponent of transponders. I am confident that going forward, I will have great difficulty passing AHRMA tech, and I will never again be scored accurately in an AHRMA event. Oh well, . . . .

18. bax504

bax504 Well-Known Member

Well maybe some of the members contributed to this prolblem, but not most. They contributed by not paying attention and asking questions. Myself included. But did AHRMA get into the shape it is because of the board? Because of the members not doing anything? Because of the TO lawsuit? I think the answer is all of the above plus more. So will be are HERO and save it for the racers? The member's must step up. New board members. I think Mark Hatten and Craig Beckon are keepers. Carl Anderson would be a good addition too. So let fix this thing or kill it. That is our 2 options. Cheers.

19. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

I am confused on why people would want to continue to give their monies to an organization that behaves this way.

20. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

paige,
    maybe the same reason we continue to pay taxes.:)

at this point ahrma is the biggest vintage org with alot of great people. i know there are many wera members that race with them. also you see some of the wera officals working ahrma weekends. still the best overall vintage opportunity out there(old vintage).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.