1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AHRMA Dissolution?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by 83BSA, Oct 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krypton7

krypton7 Well-Known Member

Where's the Benevolent Fund??????????

I'm pissed off about the Benevolent Fund. It is gone! How do I know? It's not listed as an asset of AHRMA in its bankrupcy filing. That's not inuendo or speculation. Where did it go? So fuck the trustees and their 'everything's fine' and we cannot discuss this under advice of council.

If I'm wrong then can someone point out where that fund went? Maybe a trusee can stand up and make a statement for us.

Stuart Carter

2. phantom 309

phantom 309 Well-Known Member

Nope smith has there balls and he's not giving them back.:Puke:sorry forgot to post my name, Tim joyce. Don't want people to think Im nutless.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2006
  3. charles

charles The Transporter

Considering your post, Stuart, and the one before from "limy_1.", if anyone wants to bust a move towards accountability and change, the clock is ticking,
    it is I believe 20 to 40 days after filing the Chapter 11, the 'reorganization
    plan' is due; AHRMA continues, at least for a while under Chap 11 'protection'.
    It's up to members to decide a course of action and contact the proper
    authorities to be heard. Research suggests Chap 11 debtors usually survive at about 1 in 10. Anybody with any other data? So, like, it's not necessarily a 'good' thing. And, yes, no matter, there is Rob Ianucci/TO to deal with,
    it is not going to simply go away no matter what your 'feelings' are. So, strike a pose and get down to it.

4. charles

charles The Transporter

No one thinks your nutless, Tim. A little crazy maybe but not without balls.:up:

5. bax504

bax504 Well-Known Member

Good post Charles. The clock is ticking. The majority of the people just want to be racing next year. Previous people may had screwed AHRMA, that depends on your personal views and/or dislikes of individuals. Once again remember that AHRMA is just a name. One way or another I will on the track next year, like the majority of you guys. So not reinvent the wheel. New faces and ideals are great, but doing it because you did not certain people is wrong. If anybody did anything wrong legally then turn it over to the proper authorities. Cheers.:beer:

6. krypton7

krypton7 Well-Known Member

To Tim Joyce..........

Like in that movie where the guy's pants fell down to his knees and his buddy says: "I knew you were crazy but now I can see you're nuts."

7. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

It might be a trust account that is not actually an asset of AHRMA. Let's hope. . .

8. weber#465

weber#465 mud fight

Stu. Do they have to list it sense it is a charity?

9. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

10. racertex

racertex vintage dude

why is ahrma suing terrell owens (t.o.)?
    did he fire drew rosenhaus and hire rob iannucchi as his new agent?
    that guy can't stay out of trouble for two minutes!
    i'm just glad he doesn't play for philly anymore.
    jerry jones and the dallas cowboys deserve his lame ass.
    see what happens when you don't have cable t.v.!

tex "out of the loop fer sure" mawby

11. weber#465

weber#465 mud fight

12. charles

charles The Transporter

This must be 'The Mother of All Threads'! Perhaps this information will serve to
    clarify certain financial facts some are asking about:

As a Section 501(c)(4) nonprofit corporation, tax-exempt, AHRMA must file
    IRS Form 990 each year. This 990 form is a comprehensive detailed statement
    of income, expenses, compensation, and so on. It MUST be made available
    to ANYONE upon request, and it must be kept three years from the IRS filing date. So, you can request IRS Forms 990 for 2003, 2004, 2005, and 2006.
    Just write to the AHRMA CEO (Janiec?). If there is a lack of cooperation, then contact the IRS, they have a 'Compliance Section.' You can see the details of this Form 990 on the IRS website and the regulations about it to include the 'public disclosure requirements.' Some nonprofits post their Form 990 on-line to avoid any problems with the public...

Hope this will help to clear up any doubts about AHRMA finances at least for a few years anyway. Take the time to get informed.

13. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Personally, I feel there is at least one new member of the board who has been pushing for change and professionalism. And though the music he listens too while going to/from the track sucks and you always get the midnight to 8 AM shift on the drive back if you travel with him.... let alone his political view... I still support him and his efforts to get the ball rolling. Mark Hatten (aka Wounded Duc).

I imagine his hands are tied to comment about this mess until the legal obligations are met, but I am certain he is pushing for AHRMA to "do the right thing". Of course, the steam locamotive known as AHRMA may have just stuck its nose down an 11% grade and there may be little hope in halting its descent. Even with Mark and others trying to stop that descent.

Kelly Thornton - AHRMA & WERA

14. limy_1

limy_1 Crash Starter

I think he does have a little help with John Goodpaster (retiring from board) & Craig Breckon. Did I really say that name on this board?:eek:
    Unfortunatly this only makes up 1/4 of the board and majority rules.

Roger Preston
    WERA & AHRMA official

15. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

See 3 posts above yours. Be sure to read the last part of M carefully IRT harassment. BTW, the 990 also has a balance sheet...

16. charles

charles The Transporter

Read it. And so? Are you making the suggestion that concerned members of AHRMA, having never seen their organization's IRS filings, which are public record, are somehow 'harassing' thier own organization by requesting copies
    of said IRS Form 990? Actually, some websites specializing in tracking nonprofits and charities already have posted one or two of AHRMA's 990's.

It's all about accountability and 'transparency' these days, we've learned a thing or two from Enron...

17. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

I am suggesting that an onslaught of requests to an entity that is in Chapter 11 may be perceived as harassment, and in that case, would get you nowhere. So I would be cautious, maybe delegate one trusted member to make the request.

18. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

Yea you are probably right, you really would not want anyone at AHRMA to get the idea that a bunch of the members (that actually own the club) are in any way aware of this fiasco or are interested in seeing some accountability out of the leadership....

Hell that might give them the idea that they better start being appropriately forthcoming and that they better start holding the participants accountable.. :( :rolleyes: If this continues the day will come when all that is left is for the membership to figuratively "storm the offices"

Thus far this has every indication that it is the equivalent of re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.... hopefully the upcomming election will set in a whole new slate of trustee's

Last edited: Nov 15, 2006
  19. charles

charles The Transporter

No need to be cautious, full steam ahead (Admiral Dewey, upon warning of
    doom)...the IRS handles such stonewalling for those Form 990's with vigor...
    as mentioned, it's an age of accountability and 'transparency'...

And, hey, fill out an IRS Form 4506A and the IRS will send you the copies of the same Form 990 (as required by law, for three years from due date).

Every member is a trusted member. Every member has the right to know.

20. charles

charles The Transporter

:up: :up: :up: :up:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.