1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2022 MA Daytona 200

Discussion in 'General' started by Pneumatico Delle Vittorie, Jan 7, 2022.

1. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I don't see how Utube or Utubers make any money of me. I run a ad blocker and don't get any ads. If everybody did this how's anybody making money ?

2. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Im not sure how accurate these websites are, but you can jus type an users name and it will give stats like this. upload_2022-3-18_8-1-59.png

G 97 and henry_carlson like this.
  3. Richard doesn’t hold a lot back and I respect that. He doesn’t get baited into questions, he just tells it like it is. He’s one of the smartest people I’ve met in the industry and being an engineer myself he’s one of the smartest engineers as well. He also can deal with the riders and mental side of things, knows how to assemble a team, and his company makes some very high quality stuff.

Wingnut, 27, G 97 and 2 others like this.
  4. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

B- grade is probably by far the highest of any MA / US motorcycle racer and is probably the benefit he can offer to sponsors. I would imagine personal sponsors are the key income in this instance.

5. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Let me see if I have this right after listening to the podcast. Richard said that he was called a traitor? Then he explains that he buys all of the MA tires and doesn't get any specials? Specials in MA? Then somewhere on this thread or the MA 2022 season thread one of you guys say that the Youtube kid is promoting Q4s?
    So how can Attack be considered a traitor for choosing a different brand in an open tire race?

Last edited: Mar 18, 2022
    27 likes this.
  6. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

And don't you love the beeb, it starts as a racing thread and goes down the worm hole of shitty service at restaurants, and especially a Applebees? The only thing good about Applebees is the TV theme song!

cav115 and Boman Forklift like this.
  7. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

No that song sucks too

8. 27

27 Well-Known Member

As if there isn’t enough negative shit now that stupid ass babyback ribs jungle is stuck in my head and now that I think about it that was Chile’s instead of Applebee’s so who knows wth we were even talking about!!! Damn it!!! Yeah BBS is sooooo great! :Poke::mad::moon::D

9. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Thanks, the 50min mark isn’t correct... I just was curious about JH throwing mud at Stanboli as I was sure it’d be met with full stop... so his replacement lost the 200 by .007 on his first trip to Daytona, I’m sure the rest of the season will be similar results.

I hope Cam and Jake perform as expected with Petrucci pushing the entire time. I’ll bet damn sure that Petrucci won’t have any embarrassing pit antics and or cost his team a race because he was too busy playing on track with an old rivalry/buddy, who also ran out of fuel costing his team the chance, because you know nobody but the rider has anything invested in the program whatsoever.

cav115 likes this.
  10. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Those Kawis didn’t crash well as it was but the absolute fastest corner in the Western Hemisphere... it didn’t have a chance!

For those not in the know... a racer crashed in turn 1 at old Brainerd... that’s at the end of an over 1/2mile straight I think it is... on a 600 in the time we’re talking it’s like 170mph... the action of turning wide open in 6th gear makes it lose rpms even as the tire gets smaller when you lean which increases rpms... this makes you have to downshift to 5th all the while wfo through turn two... it’s the fastest real corner of any track there is I’m pretty sure. Superfun! And exhilarating, and I can’t imagine crashing there... anyway the racer that crashed there garage sale’d the bike so badly that they used a big front end loader to drive around and scoop up the parts as it would’ve taken forever in a crash truck... I was told they looked at it and just told them to dump it in the dumpster as absolutely nothing was left to salvage... crazy... and he wasn’t even hurt thankfully.

cav115, Gino230 and backbone like this.
  11. G 97

G 97 Garth

Just under 1 mile long straight.

12. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Stanboli is classic.
    Dustin looks like Garth Brooks.

ts199 likes this.
  13. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

I was saying, we could have written a book during that era of all the stuff we saw or were part of. Stuff people are still talking about to this day...........

G 97 likes this.
  14. Because he is not (or not trying to be) sponsored by them. That was a stupid comment on Herrin’s part once again.

15. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Holy shit! I guess when you’re topped out for over 1/2 of it it goes by pretty quick, especially when you don’t break until that back corner... fun track.

G 97 and mike w like this.
  16. 27

27 Well-Known Member

That’s the podcast to start! Two versions... on track... off track... both would be great, and the off track would be comedy gold.

17. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

We’ve had bikes in the trees outside T2. Not on the ground amongst the trees. IN the trees.

Not sure when the last time you were back was, but the tree line in T2 has been pushed a lot farther back. T1 never bothered me, and I’ve crashed there. The trees in T2 at full song on my knee at the apex, those were a little unnerving.

18. 27

27 Well-Known Member

How the hell did Jim roll a rental? And which one of you rammed him? And where? Haha that had to be a sight

19. 27

27 Well-Known Member

It was a very long time ago, maybe 2nd gen R6... turn two was more fun as more was going on with the downshift and tire spin... turn one was a pucker turn but way less likely to crash there than 2 I think... seems like there was something they called 3 before the turn was it 4? Where you actually used the brakes for the first time of each lap... I liked that braking zone for passing people... then the switchback too... that track is a blast until the corner before the bridge and coming on the sketchy blast turn onto the drag strip...

20. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I crashed so much at Grattan that I knew how and where usually and never got hurt bad there... but there was a piece of an FUSA bike about 20’ up in the trees outside the sweeper... I’ve crashed there fast over the years over 130mph and my bikes never made it there... just takes the right flight and take off I guess...