1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2022 MA Daytona 200

Discussion in 'General' started by Pneumatico Delle Vittorie, Jan 7, 2022.

1. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Sad really, because that means that Ducati ride ain’t paying shit. He’s got 51k youtube subs, that is pocket change in Tube world.

418 likes this.
  2. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Yet leading the pack in American roadracing. It's all relative.

3. ts199

ts199 Well-Known Member

Maybe because most racers think racing is their only job?

Nothing against Josh, but I doubt Jake Gagne spends much time trying to make good content he can post on IG.

G 97 likes this.
  4. G 97

G 97 Garth

Whether it’s relative or not is of no consequence. The reality is, 51,000 YouTube subs isn’t going to position yourself toward bringing in any level of significant $. It’s pennys on the dollar. I guess it’s how you want to define, “leading the pack” and what it actually entails. But at first glance, it’s chump change level. Just saying.

stk0308 likes this.
  5. Dragginass

Chump change is big money in American roadracing......

Boman Forklift and G 97 like this.
  6. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

If you use an average Youtuber's revenue/1000 views, we can guess that if Josh made a video a week for all 52 weeks of the year and that each video had 100,000 views, he'd make $104K/yr in YT revenue not including anything else they might pay like hitting 100k/200k/etc... subs and having multi-ad revenue video's that are all over 10 minutes each.

noles19 likes this.
  7. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

This thread:

Eg3Kz8bVoAArZWH.jpg

TurboBlew likes this.
  8. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

100k in gross revenue for less than 9hrs of editted content???

who pays for the back end equipment, legal, logistical, and all the other assorted production costs?
    I guess you can use the Viacom method and make everyone interns on broadway...lol

9. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Since there was rumor that Josh ignored his team and ran another lap, Josh is constantly in the spotlight for saying and doing stupid shit, how long will the truely professional Ducati team put up with that? I can't see them liking his antics and his jockularity. I could however see him screwing himself out of a ride.

It's cool that he isn't the typical "vanilla" motoamerica racer, and motoamerica absolutely needs rivalries, but acting or trying to be Mladin or whoever the asshole of yesteryear was...

Was a fan but lost all respect when he started shitting on other riders and then calling stanboli and team traders. Especially coming from a guy who has been on what 4 different makes in as many years....

kirk erlinger and henry_carlson like this.
  10. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Regarding the service at restaurants, I don't think it's limited to Daytona during Bike Week. There's crappy service everywhere in Florida. My main ire is towards Applebee's. When I was at Barber a long time ago, we went out to look for a place for a good steak. We spotted a fancy looking place and were about to turn in when Tom Fournier, known to be fussy AF, said "There's an Applebee's! Go there!" The food was pretty good, so they've been a regular stop since then. A year and a half ago at Homestead, The service was so bad that when Robert picked up the tab, he gave them a C-note for a $98.88 bill and told them to keep the change and walked out. The place was only at a fraction of its capacity. They didn't get a second chance last December, they were shut down. Last week at Daytona, they got my order wrong, when they brought out the correct order, the broccoli was missing. some back and forth on whether it came with the dish and they agreed to get it for me on the side. It took 25 minutes to come out with a small bowl of steamed broccoli after 3 reminders. Like at Homestead, this place was at a fraction of its capacity.
    I usually use the same three places near the Sea Dunes every year where the staff knows us and takes care of us. Funny thing about the Longhorn near the track. I went there the Sunday after the 200. I walked in, saw a 20 minute wait for a table, and decided to eat at the bar. After I sat down, I realized Tim O'Connor was next to me. By the amount of bread he had eaten, I surmised that he had been there for a while. I got my order in, my salad came out right away, and Tim was grousing about how long his food was taking. His food eventually came out. Mine came out like 2 minutes later, just as I was finishing my salad.

I've been at the Sea Dunes for like 24 years. It's like family there, I get hand written bills, they take me to dinner every once in a while, leave me presents, etc. The price of the room just went up $20/night, the first increase since I was there in 1998.
    Before that, I was in the Holiday Inn at 400 N. Atlantic. Then it was Shoney's. Then it was Boardwalk Beach Resort. Now it's the Regency. The biggest thing I remember about the building was that during the 1996 Nor'easter that postponed the 200 for a week, I could feel an insane draft in the room. I found a 1" gap at the bottom of the outer wall that was letting the rain and wind in. I literally had a puddle on the floor.

henry_carlson likes this.
  11. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Where are those numbers coming from? I follow a car guy pushing towards 200k subs. Makes an hour + long vid a week and they are mostly in the 200-275k view range. Some have gone over 300k. He’ll tell you quick, Youtube isn’t where his money is made. Its from merchandise, t-shirts, hats, stickers, etc. No way a 100k views a week for a year clears you 100+k.

stk0308 likes this.
  12. Dragginass

Just for comparison: Herrin has over 150k followers on Instagram, 3 times as many as GP rider JoeRoberts, 8 times as many as fellow MA Superbike champion Jake Gagne.

Sponsors see this, and it matters.

13. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Third world problems having to wait huh...

We went to Landshark one night, place was packed, waited 10 minutes for a table of 11..

Went to Bahama Breeze steak house right outside the track one night. Place was slammed. 15 minute wait for a table of 2.

I think it's more of the choice of restaurant you go to ..

14. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Easy - just do bad math like I did! LOL...

I got the calculation wrong.

$5,000 is an average for 1 million views so if Josh posted 52 vid's and got 100K each, he'd make $26,000 annually from views.

Add in earnings from Subs once he gets to say 100k, thats another chuck of change/video.

Add in revenue from Adsense and Amazon or other affiliate links...

Based on some quick Google searches, those can add up to another $30-$35K/yr.

15. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

The issue was not waiting for the table. I was seated quickly each time. The Applebee's in Homestead seated us right away. Ten minutes later, they asked if we were ready to order. We said we needed menus. They pointed at the icon to scan. None of us had the app on our phones. They're gone for another ten minutes. They came back and asked if we're ready to order. Again we said we needed menus. Again they mentioned the app. They took drink orders. Ten minutes later, drinks came out and they asked if we're ready to order. For the third time we said we needed menus. They finally gave our table one menu. We ordered appetizers and our entrees. Appetizers came out, we finished them. Then the entrees came out. They didn't remove the appetizer plates so the table surfaces were getting crowded. Everybody had their food except for me and another who ordered steak. Five minutes later another woman came out and asked the people who ordered steaks how they wanted them done. (I told them when I ordered it.) Several other requests were never fulfilled.
    When we were done, we waited about 10-15 minutes for them to come out and ask if we wanted anything else, at which time we would ask for the bill. Then we all stood up from the tables, figuring that they might get the hint that we were ready to leave. Another 10-15 minutes before they came out and then we asked for the bills.
    Mind you, there were only about 10 tables occupied in the place at the time.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2022
  16. GNC

GNC Jim Rashid

Yes it was !

17. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

FYI: you don't need an app. When you aim your phone camera at the QR code, it should recognize it as a code and a link should pop up on your screen that says something like "Open in Browser." If you click that, it will take you to a web page of the menu.

This became super common during Covid times to not have people touching menus.

TurboBlew likes this.
  18. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Ya that's pathetic. The whole menu on a scan is bullshit. I hate that. 2 things are happening when we have to scan in my opinion. #1. They don't want to sanitize the menu on e handed out. And #2. Those bar codes pick up phone information when scanned. Next thing you know, your phone is getting spam phone calls, text and emails from said restaurant and anyone else they sell info to. I hate that shit.

OldSchlPunk and tl1098 like this.
  19. 418

418 Expert #59

Slow your roll, that is not an average. I've seen videos where people made less than $1500/mil views. It depends on the popularity of the content, click thru rates, etc. Motorsports content won't get paid as much as lets say financial content, etc.

His YT channel had 189K views last 30 days. Even with $5K valuation that isn't much.

https://socialblade.com/youtube/user/joshherrin8

I think Herrin has a nice supplemental income going on with his social media and he gets to leverage that to his sponsors which is smart but I seriously doubt he's making anything near factory rider money. I think some people on here have a rosy view on how much social media pays. Kinda like general public thinking that since a handful of MotoGP riders make millions, everybody else in the paddock makes bank too...

stk0308, TurboBlew and The Great One like this.
  20. tl1098

tl1098 Well-Known Member

Just bring me a damn menu,then get off my lawn.:p

KneeDragger_c69, OldSchlPunk and drop like this.