1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2017 Ford f250 gasser

Discussion in 'General' started by casjoker, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I can't see slowing down 10-15mph to save 5 mpg.

I'd much rather pay a little more and get there faster...

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep. I drive rentals all the time, some nice ones on occasion, still prefer my jeep.

3. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I have this same problem.

4. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Traffic should always be going in reverse on the right side. Thanks.

5. grady anderson

grady anderson Well-Known Member

I bought the truck I wanted. Which makes it the right truck.
    I don't much care what MPG it gets hauling or empty. I was just curious to see what the results would be.

pscook likes this.
  6. grady anderson

grady anderson Well-Known Member

I agree. On both points. :crackup:

7. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

Well, this got a little off topic and way interesting for a bit...crazy all the shit you miss up in the mountains with no wifi or cell.

Update, I towed about 280 miles this weekend, mostly highway (Knoxville to Bristol). I drove conservative on the way up and set the cruise at 62 and averaged 12.9, saw 13.2 before I pulled off the highway (about 20 miles was back roads). Set the cruise at 72 on the way home but couldn't keep it consistent to many assclowns on the road. I was usually around 75 hit 80+ on several occasions and averaged 11.1 on the way home. The numbers are from the trucks computer. I reset the computer before towing so I messed up and couldn't do hand calculated when I filled up. That's with about 5600lbs trailer weight. Overall, pretty pleased! Dam doesn't that diesel sound give me a tingle!

Yes, I knew the camper was back there but only because I could see it in my review mirror! LOL

8. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

My V10 Excursion which is heavy as hell, gets 8.4 mpg while pulling 5-6k lbs at 75-80mph.

Thought the diesels would do much better than the gassers. 2.7 mpg difference doesn't seem to be very significant.

9. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

No one cares

10. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

You've probably saved about a thousand dollars going with the gasser, congrats.

11. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Until the first Oil change....:Poke:

12. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

:whoosh:

13. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member

My Chevy van is a 6.0 gas. Took it to the local dealer for a $30 oil change last week.
    As I'm waiting in the lounge, I pick up a local coupon book they have for people to take.
    Lo and behold - a coupon for an oil change at this dealer: $14.95!!!

:rock:

Razr likes this.
  14. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Just test drove the Ram 2500. Was actually surprised how nice it rode for a solid front axle 3/4 ton. Good power from the 6.4 too. If the numbers work I'm gonna get it.

TLR67 likes this.
  15. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

Ram rode the best out of the three and I drove both gas and diesel. The z71 package made a huge difference on the Chevy without it worst ride by far, Ford was in the middle/tied with z71 package. The dealer I got my truck at does the first 9 oil changes free...even on a diesel! I about shit when they told me that. I made sure to ask for it in writing, they went one better and gave me a punch card.

Not to be a dick but people who post up MPG (especially at that speed towing) like gapman on gas trucks are generally full of crap. Pretty sure the average on Fuelly is like 12mpg for that vehicle, not towing.

Maybe someone out there has figured out how to get high MPG while towing with gas but I am not sure how. I have towed with the GM 6.0 and 5.3, Tundra 5.7, Duramax (06 and 16) and a way old school dodge 2500 gasser. The best I have ever seen towing with gas was high 10s and that was pulling maybe 3000lbs worth of snow machines.

16. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Just got back from Barber pulling 8.5 x 18 loaded 3 bikes ect... My 2500 averaged 12 doing 75-80

17. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

$30,500 out the door (includes my 05 2wd GMC). Truck stickered at $44,900. I think I did okay. Not awesome, out of this world, but pretty damn good. I hope I like it lol.

j cal, Razr and Boman Forklift like this.
  18. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

My 98 extended cab 5.7L GMC 1/2ton will do 16mpg pulling 3500lbs worth of sitdown jetskis and with a old YZF600 in the bed, does about the same with about 3000lbs worth of jetskis hitched up and half highway/half side roads. It helps when there aren't really hills anywhere.

19. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

You know, who gives a shit, 'how you did'. I decided long ago, that if I'm happy, fugg it. That's all that matters. You always hear that bullshit later, that everyone and their brother got the same thing for half the cost. "Oh yeah? Well, fuck off!!!" :crackup:

Congrats on the truck!:D

Greenhound386 and TLR67 like this.
  20. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

Where are the pics? :clap: