1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'General' started by slowzx6, Mar 24, 2015.

1. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

Just reading this this morning. Just not believable.

Thanks for letting us live vicariously through your life Dane. Godspeed

2. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

RIP rider.

I really feel bad for his Father.

Seems like they had a heck of a relationship.

Pray for his dad.

3. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I saw that there was information about funeral services and where to send condolences or flowers as well.

I'll be making note of that.

4. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Prayers of strength and comfort for his family and friends. Prayers of peace for Dane.

I've been camping in a state park with no cell coverage for the past few days and missed this. So, so sad.

5. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/racer-dane-westby-rip/

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Still have nothing to say that seems right.

For all of you who never met him, you're all absolutely correct, you'd have loved him. No ego, no bullshit, a decent amount of hippie but in a good way :D He ranks up there as one of the greatest people to ever be a part of this sport and none of that has anything to do with his riding ability.

7. rhinorsv

rhinorsv Well-Known Member

Pitted next to him at NJMP...he totally destroys his bike and rather than sulk he comes over and talks to us...sells us a takeoff and generally was just kicking it!

Awesome guy....he will be missed.

and when the rebuilt his bike he went back out in the afternoon and rode the pants off that bike...

RIP

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
  8. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Thanks Ken for sharing that. You're right, it really captures what was so unique about the guy. How many pro racers would be seen riding an old Concourse with a bicycle strapped to it? He gave no fucks about impressing anybody, and it seems like he always had a blast. Love that guy. I wish I could be more like him.

9. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Well said.

Godspeed Dane.

10. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Based on the descriptions, no way this didn't involve another factor/actor.

Fuck street riding. :(

11. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I never met young Mr Westby. Wished I would have. Seems like he was an ok guy from y'alls account. I'm truly broken for his family. Just really really heartbroken for them.

I'm equally heartbroken for those of you on here that knew and loved him.

My condolences for all.

12. condon66

condon66 Member well known

I feel for anybody who knew him and we fans who never met him but feel a loss still, but, I feel so so bad for his father. It would be so hard to even lift the garage door. Can you just think how many hours they spent shoulder to shoulder working on their passion? I hope he copes with it well and wish all his family the best. It's so hard to accept at such a young age. I wish there was something more a person could do in these situations.

13. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

RIP Dane Westby. Prayers to family and friends. Huge loss.

14. motodog650

motodog650 pissed-off bloody wanker

I understand you feeling that way at this time but I don't think he would agree with you on that even now. He loved motorcycling, not just racing them. He lived his life to the fullest. Life is dangerous if you truly live...

15. trancework

trancework It's always now...

16. Paint Shaker

Paint Shaker Tractor Motor Racer

17. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

I just mean, fuck inattentive drivers (my theory based on emotion and limited info).

18. motodog650

motodog650 pissed-off bloody wanker

100% on that...

19. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

20. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner