1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'General' started by slowzx6, Mar 24, 2015.

1. hdpromos

hdpromos Well-Known Member

So similar to when we lost Donald Jacks in 1995. So nice, so kind, so fast, so young, so missed.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
  2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

RIP Wolverine and condolences to family and friends.

3. A.R.K.

A.R.K. Well-Known Member

Myself and a bunch of friends had a pig roast at Grattan in 2010, Dane and his Dad hung out for some time. What a great guy, he made a fan out of all of us that day. RIP

4. bradd15

bradd15 Well-Known Member

RIP Dane. Was great to watch him race.

5. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Rest in Peace Dane. It was pleasure being on the track with you during some endurances we both took part in. I had a laugh every time I saw you come by and wheelie by me between turn 6 and 7 at TWS.

6. Motorin Mark

Motorin Mark Well-Known Member

Very sad. RIP Dane.

7. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

same thoughts went through my head this morning

8. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

Only dude I know that could pull off bringing chicken on the podium! After that Daytona bicycle ride, and learning a bit more of his 'adventures,' I was more of a fan than ever. RIP 00.

9. amaner

amaner will do math for food

WTF, this is just... No words. I was so looking forward to seeing him in MotoAmerica this year. :( My condolences to his family and friends.

10. dcemotorsports

dcemotorsports Well-Known Member

I'm still in shock. We lost a tremendous human being from our community. My thoughts and heart go out to Dane's family and friends. Adios amigo.

11. Never met Dane, but by all accounts, it seems like he was a really good guy. RIP.:(

12. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

This thought also occurred to me.

Only to imagine what could have been for both of them. :(

13. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

saw Lance Lau and a few other posting on FB a little after 6 this morning. I keep reading all this hoping somehow it isn't true and it is some kind of cruel joke.
    Met Dane in 08 at Roebling when he was riding with an endurance team I helped with for a round or two. Truly an awesome guy and will miss seeing and talking to him at the track.

14. darkside879

darkside879 Well-Known Member

RIP Dane

RIP Wolverine and condolences to family and friends

15. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

16. deathblow

deathblow Well-Known Member

How very sad. Godspeed racer.

17. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Godspeed to Dane, condolences to his family & friends.

I have what some may call a corny practice of honoring our fallen racers with an image of them on my FB page. Being the photo buff/nerd I am, I began to rifle through images I've taken over the yrs...mostly here at NJMP. Sadly, I didnt find any really cool shots of Dane in motion but I did have one of him on the podium while riding for Mr. Ulrich. When I noticed who he was with my jaw nearly dropped.....What was already a day full of sorrow for one racer, suddenly, became one for two lost racers waaaay before their time. :(

[​IMG]

18. sbhockey

sbhockey Orange shirt #157

Just got home from a bad day. Not the news I needed to see. RIP wolverine.

19. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

GODspeed Dane Westby.

20. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

Sorry, don't recognize the other rider?